It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligently Designed to Not Be Able to Perceive Our Designer(s)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What do you think the chances are that "if" human beings were designed/engineered by some form of higher intelligence, that our designer(s) would intensionally engineer us to be unable to perceive them?

I got to thinking about the laws of robotics and how a big concern is that some day machines might turn on humans. Well, if we were designed, then wouldn't it be prudent for whomever designed us to make sure that we could not turn on them, particularly if our design required some degree of intelligence?

That said, assuming that there is a possibility for extra or interdimensional beings and/or E.T.s or even God who designed us, then wouldn't it be smart to make it so we were unable to perceive them via our natural means, or even to create us in a lower dimension so that we were unable to perceive them?

I would think, that if we, as humans, wished too, we could create AI robots which were unable to perceive our very existence, which would be a far better and safer means of ensuring they never turn on us than a simple command forbidding it. They'd be made to do work for us, but they'd never even know they were doing it for us because they'd never have the slightest clue we exist other than perhaps some notion of a higher power which brought them into being, and they would be designed to be physically unable to ever perceive us, thereby removing any chance they ever had of figuring out what was really going on.

It would be particularly prudent to redesign them to be unable to perceive your existence if you originally designed them to be able too, but you gave them commands they were supposed to be unable to violate (like don't eat that fruit over there, and don't go killing nobody) and they somehow violated those commands.

Such a scenario is interesting to think about, at the very least, and it sort of reminds one of the Matrix or even They Live, but I would think that it should be a possibility.

What do you think? Is something like this possible, and if it were or were not, then what means (if any) do you think we could use to indicate such is or is not the case?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

You are correct. Hebrews 11:3 states this:

3By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

Genesis 1:1-3

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Genesis 1:27

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Put these together and you get this understanding: We are made in Time from Space, Matter and Energy in motion. These four qualities of reality are projected by God into an image, making us the image. The image is visible, but what produces the image is not made of what is visible.

All aspects of reality are visible if each has an opposite to reflect on. Light reflects on objects, allowing us to see the object from the light that reflects. Our minds reflect on the light to gain knowledge and truth. God is hidden for one reason: He has nothing to reflect as an opposite. Since all aspects of reality come from God, they are God. Apart from an opposite to compare to, God remains hidden. When we see that we are part of the one God, we see that we are all one. Do unto others takes on a whole separate meaning.

edit on 16-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

^ How come in Genesis 1:26, it says, "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Then God said, "Let US make mankind in OUR image..." Why is this plural? Shouldn't it be singular?

To answer your question, if we were indeed intelligently designed, it's probably because we are being used as a resource for some extraterrestrial species.
edit on 11/16/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1
What do you think the chances are that "if" human beings were designed/engineered by some form of higher intelligence, that our designer(s) would intensionally engineer us to be unable to perceive them?

I got to thinking about the laws of robotics and how a big concern is that some day machines might turn on humans. Well, if we were designed, then wouldn't it be prudent for whomever designed us to make sure that we could not turn on them, particularly if our design required some degree of intelligence?

That said, assuming that there is a possibility for extra or interdimensional beings and/or E.T.s or even God who designed us, then wouldn't it be smart to make it so we were unable to perceive them via our natural means, or even to create us in a lower dimension so that we were unable to perceive them?

I would think, that if we, as humans, wished too, we could create AI robots which were unable to perceive our very existence, which would be a far better and safer means of ensuring they never turn on us than a simple command forbidding it. They'd be made to do work for us, but they'd never even know they were doing it for us because they'd never have the slightest clue we exist other than perhaps some notion of a higher power which brought them into being, and they would be designed to be physically unable to ever perceive us, thereby removing any chance they ever had of figuring out what was really going on.

It would be particularly prudent to redesign them to be unable to perceive your existence if you originally designed them to be able too, but you gave them commands they were supposed to be unable to violate (like don't eat that fruit over there, and don't go killing nobody) and they somehow violated those commands.

Such a scenario is interesting to think about, at the very least, and it sort of reminds one of the Matrix or even They Live, but I would think that it should be a possibility.

What do you think? Is something like this possible, and if it were or were not, then what means (if any) do you think we could use to indicate such is or is not the case?

Very good question, i honestly had never thought about that, but if it were so or possible, why would they create a species with the capability of communicating with each other, if they were that clever, they could make us just to perform a function could they not? so why give us speech and everything else and make us ponder such questions as this? this really is a huge question if you think about it, surely it would show a failing on their part because of all the mistakes we make and do not appear to learn from. And why make us so we can be so easily manipulated? there really are a million questions to go with this one, thanks in advance, my brain will be spinning now.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Your completely right, if we created a self thinking machine, that was unable to see or hear, or have any sensory inputs, it wouldn't be aware of our existence.

Or if you like, they could be aware, but not completely able to understand. Like ants compared to ourselves.
edit on 16-11-2011 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

^ How come in Genesis 1:26, it says, "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Then God said, "Let US make mankind in OUR image..." Why is this plural? Shouldn't it be singular?

To answer your question, if we were indeed intelligently designed, it's probably because we are being used as a resource for some extraterrestrial species.

We mapped our own genome and created human hybrids in under a decade... A singular entity might have started the ball rolling, but that doesn't mean it's the only game in town. I wouldn't doubt our history is part soap opera drama.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Now you wouldn't want the sheep to know their shepherds were going to eventually lead them to slaughter. Imagine what would happen if the sheep knew they were going to become dinner someday. We are the food source of the immortal Gods/Aliens/Extradimensional entities.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Elohim is plural. The Trinity is three persons of the Godhead. God is one, but three to us. We are one person, yet we are part of the Trinity.

Here is how to look at this. Although I can outline the concept, it is infinitely more complex than this. What I say here is only one aspect of infinite reality.

The Father

The Father is God and brought light unto the world. Light is both a particle and a wave.

The Son

The Son is the Word as outlined in John 1.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

The Son is the Living Word, which is Jesus as God in the flesh. Jesus had the Holy Spirit and was called the first fruit or the second Adam.

A Word is information carried by a wave. The Word brings enlightenment and is carried to reality by the LOGOS. For a full description, research LOGOS.

Since light is both a particle and a wave, all particles have associated waves in physics. The Higgs Boson is the latest of these, yet to be found waves and particles. All of reality is a construct of the last aspect of the Trinity. Although reality is infinitely more complex than physics can see, we have a rough idea of how to connect what we see with what is actually there.

The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit is God's consciousness. Over time, God enlightens our spirit to His Holy Spirit.

Go back now and see that we have a body that is comprised on both particle and wave. We have a light body made of energy in motion. This body is animated by consciousness. We are all three of the Elohim in one person. God is one, yet three as the projection of particle, wave and consciousness. Each of these is a unique aspect of the one God.

Here is an article I have put together on the subject. Pay attention to the videos that are linked. Link

edit on 16-11-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Elohim is plural. The Trinity is three persons of the Godhead. God is one, but three to us. We are one person, yet we are part of the Trinity.

This is a common, but very loose interpretation of Elohim. Oh well, it's worked for nearly two thousand years with a general population that had issues with reading and/or writing...

Why not stick to it?

I'm only 10 minutes in, so don't blame me, if this is boring or out of context:

edit on 16-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brommas

Very good question, i honestly had never thought about that, but if it were so or possible, why would they create a species with the capability of communicating with each other, if they were that clever, they could make us just to perform a function could they not? so why give us speech and everything else and make us ponder such questions as this? this really is a huge question if you think about it, surely it would show a failing on their part because of all the mistakes we make and do not appear to learn from. And why make us so we can be so easily manipulated? there really are a million questions to go with this one, thanks in advance, my brain will be spinning now.

I think they would create a species able to communicate with each other because communication is a requirement for the specific job us humans were designed to do. I am uncertain as to what exactly that job is, but one could make some good guesses concerning that by looking at what we are best engineered to do and assuming that our designers (if any) would most likely have designed us for that task. As it stands, I would say our task is clearly to do two things: live as long as possible and experience as much as possible within the limitations we were given.

Now, to figure out the precise reason why we were created to do, that would require some thinking outside of the box. One could assume, especially given the fact that we were engineered to communicate, that some sort of data collection and retention/storage is likely our intended purpose. One might then wonder why there is death, but our data gets passed on and shared via communication and even the best batteries eventually spoil, so that could be given as one possible explanation.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
its funny how you make this thread, im in a psychology of perception class, it is true, but there are ways to find your "designers" whether ergot or psilocybin or dmt all three can raise your vibration to light speed to communicate with them, that's how I perceive to see them there, all these spiritual beings are unique in their own way from what I come across off.

I mean like all plants and animals use dmt to telepathically communicate with each other who says we cannot do it too?
edit on 16-11-2011 by jyze420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420
its funny how you make this thread, im in a psychology of perception class, it is true, but there are ways to find your "designers" whether ergot or psilocybin or dmt all three can raise your vibration to light speed to communicate with them, that's how I perceive to see them there, all these spiritual beings are unique in their own way from what I come across off.

I mean like all plants and animals use dmt to telepathically communicate with each other who says we cannot do it too?

It wasn't extremely challenging to be honest because it wasn't meant to be... Use enough of observable nature as the guide.

System of Truth

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
Now you wouldn't want the sheep to know their shepherds were going to eventually lead them to slaughter. Imagine what would happen if the sheep knew they were going to become dinner someday. We are the food source of the immortal Gods/Aliens/Extradimensional entities.

You make a very good point and raise a strong possibility. We humans do not often breed work animals merely for labor, and we most certainly do not breed all animals for labor, but most for food. There is a possiblity that we were engineered to do work and to be a food source. If you really think about it, a higher intelligence would most certainly create a creature capable of doing both its necessary tasks and of being its primary food source (efficiency). If we are unable to perceive that being's existence, then we really stand no chance of being any danger to it, and harvesting is all that much easier.

Imagine agricultural crops for a second. Do you imagine crops would rebel if they knew why we planted them and were capable of doing something about their being harvested?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420

Has this use of '___' for telepathic communication been scientifically tested?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I would agree. Humanity was seeded here a very long time ago by super intelligent Extraterrestrial Beings from another planet. They wanted to see if their "children" would evolve better than they did, with no war, hunger, fighting over resources, or racism. Guess we didn't turn out all that different, did we?

And to answer your question about Genesis 1:26, this was not "God" talking, it was the ETs that created us. One of the most amazing discoveries in the ancient Sumerian texts is that they had a knowledge of the blueprint of life, the DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) molecule that resides in the nucleus of every cell of every living creature's body.

"From error to error one discovers the entire truth." --Sigmund Freud

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Possible. There are definitely mental firewalls in place that keep the mind from going down exceptionally deep and possibly depressing lines of thought. When I start traveling down the thought of life and death and really seeing it those thoughts are pulled from my mind. Almost like a rubber band snap back. Safety mechanisms are at play in our minds.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Can my toaster perceive me? In some indirect way, it senses my touch.

Was its inability to directly perceive me an oversight or by design? Neither. It was merely not part of the engineering specification.

Does my toaster do my will? If I need toast it better! If it doesn't I send it to hell.

We're just God's toasters.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I always figured he was speaking with his angels when those words were spoken. Kinda like putting on a show. I own a forum, and although it's legally mine, I still call it "ours" when I talk about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The Hebrew word translated 'in our image' can also be translated 'as our image'...
...which suggests we were made to image God or act as God in the world...
...so it is a statement of soveriegnty not appearance or other similarity.
edit on 16/11/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

That is very interesting. I can tell you have done research into the ancient cultures from you profile image. Do you believe that the gods or ET influenced our ancient cultures? If they did, then that would mean we are able to perceive them. Another thought: We can only perceive them when they want to be perceived. Think invisibility, but with perception. Just throwing ideas out there.
edit on 16-11-2011 by BigBK because: insert question mark

top topics

<<   2 >>

join