It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Debt Day 15 Trillon Hit today! Weeeeeeee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Its official, 15 Trillion in debt surpassed today! Don’t you guys feel the wealth? I think we just need to spend a few more Trillion and everything will be ok. I mean, think of the hungery kids and school teachers being laid off. We need more credit!

Sarc/

www.treasurydirect.gov...
edit on 16-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WOOOHOOOO!

I know the perfect way to celebrate. Max out all your credit cards on the most lavish party with booze, drugs, and hookers for everyone!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well that will leave me with a bottle of ripple and 10 dollar whore...

Im already maxed out..on the one credit card I own....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Might as well use up your credit while you still can use your cards...

link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
WOOOHOOOO!

I know the perfect way to celebrate. Max out all your credit cards on the most lavish party with booze, drugs, and hookers for everyone!

You get the Idea! Max out the cards, have a few kids and foot them the bill. Thats how we roll baby!

link   
reply to post by Neopan100

get a new credit card. It's what our government does when it runs out of money.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. It's all just imaginary money and there's plenty more where that came from. But as long as people are willing to accept it as real (the old Tinkerbell principle) then we can still maintain our society and go about our business pretty much as usual.

I'm still eating, have a warm place to sleep, work to do. Until that ends, it's all whatever.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The day we "helped" the rebels invade Libya we launched just over 300 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a cost of 1.5 million each. This did not go to vote, that was not put in front of the people. This was a fantastic example of taxation without representation.

Don't forget to file your taxes this year. While our infrastructure rots some arsewiper got paid for those missiles. Then they got paid for all kinds of other things as well. The military machine is the only solid investment left in this Country.......... How freaking sad.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
my grandparents spent 15 trillion dollars and all i got was a tshirt made by some 11 year old chinese kids

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes, max out your card, enjoy all the stuff you get, then refuse to pay your bill. Then get mad and blame all the large banks!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
oh, and has anyone mentioned
that the stock market is worth 10 cents on the dollar?

cnbc: Arbitration Law Firm (10 cents on the dollar to investors of MF Global )

Wheeeeeee
David Grouchy
edit on 16-11-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It’s like watching your odometer turn over. The suspense is killing me!

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
The day we "helped" the rebels invade Libya we launched just over 300 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a cost of 1.5 million each. This did not go to vote, that was not put in front of the people.

I think America voted for it when it elected all those guys who were going to "get tough on terrorism." Also the ones who represent states where a lot of people are employed making those missiles. That's where the "representation" thing comes in. We can't be expected to vote every time the military wants to buy more toilet paper. That would be crazy.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

We would've spent money on those tomahawk missiles regardless. Do you realize how many we have just laying around?
I'm not justifying the Libyan "no-fly zone" but do you not remember everything leading up to it? You know those other wars that cost 1000x more. The fact that EVERYONE was urging Obama to do it. Yes, even Fox News was complaining about how long it took him to do anything in Libya. As soon as he did something their tune changed.

We need to drastically cut down military spending. And military spending was happening even before 9/11 at an absurd level. There was $2 trillion missing from the pentagon budget over a 20 year span. That's just the missing money.

What I'm trying to say is we paid for the wars before they even started.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

We need to drastically cut down military spending. And military spending was happening even before 9/11 at an absurd level. There was $2 trillion missing from the pentagon budget over a 20 year span. That's just the missing money.

I think my point was that the military spending is exactly what has ruined our economy, The housing bubble has happened before and we got past it. However at the current rate of military spending we will have nothing left very soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I think my point was that the military spending is exactly what has ruined our economy, The housing bubble has happened before and we got past it. However at the current rate of military spending we will have nothing left very soon.

I think what will throw this county over the edge is the 116 Trillion in unfunded liabilities like social security and medicate. As much as you say you paid your 9% out of your wage all your life for your social security, Its not yours. Through case law you will find your SS payments was just a tax to the general fund. THERE IS NO LOCK BOX

A must read about case law on SS www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

The day we "helped" the rebels invade Libya we launched just over 300 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a cost of 1.5 million each. This did not go to vote, that was not put in front of the people.

I think America voted for it when it elected all those guys who were going to "get tough on terrorism." Also the ones who represent states where a lot of people are employed making those missiles. That's where the "representation" thing comes in. We can't be expected to vote every time the military wants to buy more toilet paper. That would be crazy.

I sure don't expect the military to ask before they buy toilet paper. I do however expect it to go out to bid.
As for sending missiles into another Country someone darn well better ask the American Public. I think it may even be a requirement.......

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Its official, 15 Trillion in debt surpassed today! Don’t you guys feel the wealth? I think we just need to spend a few more Trillion and everything will be ok. I mean, think of the hungery kids and school teachers being laid off. We need more credit!

Sarc/

I think you have enough credit.. You are bankrupting the world. Get it in prospective. The total debt of the poorest nations is in the region 2-4 trillion.. If you want to find real hungery kids look there.. Credit is not going to sort things out it has caused the problem...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Sarc/

I think you have enough credit.. You are bankrupting the world. Get it in prospective. The total debt of the poorest nations is in the region 2-4 trillion.. If you want to find real hungery kids look there.. Credit is not going to sort things out it has caused the problem...

I was being Sarcastic, Credit is the problem and with more of it you will only see people become more inslaved into debt and later depression. The phase we are entering into right now. After depression will be Chaos globaly, then later the great reconstruction

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
hang on a second here.
so, basically, as an american, what is my percentage of this debt?
how much do we all need to come up with to pay this off?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join