It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Fuel Exports Hit Record, Helping Keep Gas Prices High.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

U.S. exports of refined fuels, particularly diesel, have surged to fresh all-time highs, helping to keep the prices of gasoline and diesel in this country at record levels for this time of year.

I saw this article and the fist thing that came to mind was "those son-of-a-beaches". The government keeps pushing and pushing to drill for oil (instead of investing in alternatives) so that America would not be so independent on foreign oil and to bring the cost of gas down to a reasonable price to help boost economic spending, then they turn around and sell to Central and South America (because demand is high there).

Did they forget that the economy pooped as soon as gas went from $3.00 to $5.00+ a gallon and that the main reason folks are not spending money right now to boost the economy is because it goes into our gas tanks so that we can just make it to work?

LA Times Article

What a scam... (I deleted 6+ paragraphs of ranting and put this in instead, because I was only at "the tip of the iceberg" and I'm sure there are plenty threads to read regarding the gas scam)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
And the taxpayers and American citizens see none of the added profits.

All we get is higher prices.

So what's good for American companies is not so good for the citizens ?

Puts a new meaning on flag waving.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Umm... WHAT?!??! WTF are they thinking?? Oh, OP I can relate to the desire to rant for paragraphs and paragraphs after just filling my tank with $3 gas yesterday. When we're suffering hard with these prices in an economy structured from the ground up to work on energy prices about 1/3rd of the current levels, they are EXPORTING refined gasoline and diesel????

The ONLY place I want to hear our Government or private AMERICAN companies shipping refined OR raw petro products to, are our men and women in uniform overseas. The rest of the markets and world can just go suck eggs until we have our economy working again and price points for energy back in line with the wage levels to support it. This is just outrageous even by today's news standards, and that is saying A LOT!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
As much as I despise seeing daily fluctuating gas prices, I think to myself...

It doesn't matter, we are going to pay for it anyways

Do we all understand that?
I remember the days when gas prices stayed the same for months.
Sometimes years.

Now the prices change with the wind, and I don't care what excuse I get from the "market"...
There's extreme manipulation happening here, and we fall for it hook, line and sinker.
It's completely pathetic and what's even more sad...we have the control.
But we don't know how to band together and use it.

My rant will be short and sweet...

Until we ALL go on strike in this country...
Until we ALL decided what's more important...

Until we ALL agree and actually DO something, we will continue to complain.
We will continue to get reamed at the pumps.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Yep, and you can trace it all back to oil futures.
The derivatives market and the commodities markets need to be banned. We need to get back to supply and demand, not speculation. These damned markets are nothing but legalized gambling.

new topics

top topics

join