It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street (NYC) Raided And Evicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
www.livestream.com...
Local news: www.ny1.com...
Helicopter Feed: inagist.com...
Helicopter feed is temporarily off .. some people are saying NYPD cleared air space?
No media is allowed inside the park so no live news feed from within.

Did not see a thread yet.. police moved in a few mins ago and are evicting from NYC the original Occupy camp.. This is a live stream of the site, local time is 2:00 am

It appears the camp was caught off guard.. the police made a sudden raid and are clearing the park because of "Health and Fire concerns"
edit on 11/15/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

According to NYC media the protesters are being asked to leave so they can clean the park due to a health issue (not specified) and the protesters would be allowed to return.

From what I remember though the park is a private park owned by a real estate developer?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

here is the current thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ReleaseThePressure

Meh that OP couldn't even be asked to write a sentence. Honestly it seems like it's about time the people get to use their park again. You don't get to take over a public place for an indefinite amount of time. Im all for protesting and standing up for your rights, but they have been infringing on others for awhile now.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think you're right.

They could've done it much differently. I understand the big public spaces to gather the people. But once they have all gathered what then? Wait for the police to have a big showdown to prove a point?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think you're right. Now it's time for the people to occupy the trading floor of the stock exchange. It's their turn, right?

I jest, good sir...or do I?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
They're prolly being raided because they (OWS) planned on shutting down subways (Occupy Subways) & the NYSE. I posted links & articles about it in the other thread if you're interested.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I agree with OWS that we have setious issues to resolve.That being said i doudt that this has made any progress againt the system or the 1%.Like Jesus said there will always be poor people,sadly.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Or take the message to those that matter. Occupy the WHITE HOUSE!

Or CONGRESS

Stop taking the cities hostage. Still, I hope no one gets hurt.. over the weekend most police action has been very peaceful .. but NYC isn't exactly known for being nice.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It will be back, stronger and better then before.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by ReleaseThePressure

Meh that OP couldn't even be asked to write a sentence. Honestly it seems like it's about time the people get to use their park again. You don't get to take over a public place for an indefinite amount of time. Im all for protesting and standing up for your rights, but they have been infringing on others for awhile now.

The people were using 'their' park. This is absolutely stupid.

This shameful pack of authoritarians and fascists that I see on here will only continue to stand with the elites until their games have personally had an impact on their lives.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

To occpy The White House or The Congress is useless and ineffective as all The SCUM has to do is find some more suckers to replace those due to be expelled and nothing would be changed. Hit those that are able to finance campaigns and at the heart of where they work and enforce the change far quicker. Let those who have the coin and pockets to finance these campaigns that we are watching them. Make them scared of us!

Hence, "Pseudopsychological warfare!" whereas it enables you to get into your opponents head and makes them go insane, A master reason for being in the financial districts is to force them to "jump the gun" so that they reveal their plans early. They've already fouled up and haven't realized it yet.

Most business support the movement and what it is doing and because it happens to inconvenience 1 or 2 shop owners means it's supposed to go away? Never! These shopowners need to wake up because the cost of running your business in Downtown Manhattan is one of the most expensive parcels of land to run a business.

It is not my problem that they have a shop in an area where monthly lease and rental fees start at $10,000 a month!

This is what we want them to feel like :
Rockwell, Somebody's Watching Me -
youtu.be...

How do you embed a video?
edit on 15-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Or take the message to those that matter. Occupy the WHITE HOUSE!

Or CONGRESS

Stop taking the cities hostage. Still, I hope no one gets hurt.. over the weekend most police action has been very peaceful .. but NYC isn't exactly known for being nice.

I agree with this. I say take it right to DC and the white house. Not sure why the OWS movement hasn't tried to inundate the capital city with unrest and demonstrations. Obama should be nervous every time he walks out of that damn building, and congress should be able to see the people they are screwing over face to face...or fist to face.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

If the corporate pimps gets away with silencing the peoples rights to protest Americas last vestige of "democracy" will be death, the real government will come forward and the now US corporate Dictatorship finally will take over, they rule from Wall street, they don't need to dirty their fat hands with politics that is why they pay whores in congress to do their nasty work and that is to screw the tax payer and voters.

America as we have learn to know from history is gone.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Amen to that statement, my friend.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Read what I had posted!

top topics

join