It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And here I am.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Once upon a time, many years ago, I was a member. Got busy with life. Forgot my password. Forgot my username. And here I am. I may or may not be the illigitimate son of a certain Simon Gray, but he refused to meet me, my Mother, and Maury Povich to discuss the matter. Ok, to be honest I totally lied and made up that last sentence. To the best of my knowledge I have never met Simon Gray or any staff or owners from ATS. I find myself scoffing at mainstream bombastic hokum that is usually pandered here in America via mainstream media and "news" agencies. ATS has been proven and known for years to be an inviting and welcoming place for members willing to entertain and discuss in a civil manner topics usually ignored and even shunned by many.

I sincerely believe there is a part of our mind, consciousness, or spirit (whaterver you want to call it) that wants and strives to be honest with ourselves, and holds integrity in the highest regard. I believe there is a part of our subconscious that efforts to remain honest with ourselves and reject malformed logic, misinformation, and the like. Truthful information/integrity, honest emotions, and humor are core values I will look for when choosing who my friends *are on ATS. I've been reading ATS for about a decade now, and am familiar with many usernames and members.

My name is John. I will be 40 by the end of the year. I am retired(ish). I know some stuff about some stuff.

And here I am. I like Stars.
edit on 14-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: add word *are

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Typically I don't post in intro threads, as I'm a fairly new member myself.

Lots of junk posts in the last month or two but great topics and debates still transpire despite the influx of crap.

Welcome back.

p.s.

I like stars too

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hi John,
Welcome back to the menagerie.

Stars are cool,
or hot,
depends how you look at them.
I like 'em too!

Anyway nice to see someone that thinks that humans have an inate truth identity inside them. A slight sense of disconnectedness eventually makes one stronger don't you think?
have fun.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Borag Thungg. Turning 40 is lots of fun. Hairs change colour, or possibly fall out and you will notice a cellular breakdown begin slowly, gradually, but surely. You will wish you worked out more, ate better and smoked less, and maybe had some more comfortable but ugly clothing. Comfortable shoes could play a role in your life. And slippers to wear at home. Resist these urges, for they are fatal.

Welcome John, cool intro!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

So do I... how many would you like?

I tell you what. You can have half or these. I already own the other half.
And John told me to tell you:
"As father and son we can end this destructive conflict and rule the universe together.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mellok

Thanks Mellok. Glad to be back. Not posting a lot of thoughts, still reading stuff and getting familiar with the new stuff.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Thank you.

"If truth isn't your priority and trajectory for the right reasons, there are no guarantees as to your destination." -someone, but I'm not sure who.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

So do I... how many would you like?

All of them, but I'm willing to share. I'll just collect as many as I can on ATS I guess.

"As father and son we can end this destructive conflict and rule the universe together.

First Off: The universe needs a new name. Not sure what, but universe isn't enough. Hell, it's not even a proper noun that people capitalize.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I like Stars

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for sharing! ... I'm not totally convinced that aging and dying are not learned behaviors. The first 40 years of my life have been rough ones on my body. 11 years as a firefighter in the usaf, retired with comfortable pension the rest of my life after being too close to stuff that went boom a few too many times in warzones. My future? Part time working with developmentally disabled children, some volunteer work around town, and take some more college classes.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Welcome back John. My name is Julio. I have been a watcher for about a year, and a member for about 2 weeks. I have a lot of good things to say about the members on this awesome site. I would say that the people on this site are probably the most intelligent as well as the most likeable people I have ever known! Thats my perception anyway. I can even appreciate the ones who are not the most cheerful. The ones who some would deem "harsh". But if it were not for them, life would be a little more boring overall, don't you think. Meh...who knows...

new topics

top topics

join