It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whooooo hoooo! we sure dun good paw!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

It�s like a freaking redneck barndance in here!!!

Well after your �mom� gives you some Ritalin, maybe we can all calm down a little?

What�s all this nonsense about �the anti-war are sorry now� etc..?
I�ve been waiting for this day, everyone knew it was coming and I knew you would all start creaming your pants.

Do you really think people expected the U.S to lose? The world�s most expensive army going head to head with an oppressed rag tag army mostly made up of forced conscripts? After the last twelve years of sanctions had reduced the army and the countries infrastructure even further than Saddam himself could manage?

Hardly D-day or the Normandy landings is it? What a tough victory. You must be so brave.
Take a Valium and give me a break.

The Iraqi people have been freed, that is only a good thing.
I like seeing a free people as much as anyone.

But this is not the end. Hell it�s not even the beginning.

Perhaps once the testosterone runs down America will take a minute now to look around
At the mess they had to create to get us here.
We�ve created deep mistrust in the international community, jeopardising the security of the world.
We�ve got U.S/E.U relations at an all time low. Which jeopardises the security if the world.
We�ve got a U.N rendered toothless with its credibility in tatters. Which jeopardises the security of the world.
We�ve set the dangerous precedent of a �pre-emptive strike� which� you get the idea.
On top of that we�ve got millions of people worldwide with an evermore deeper suspicion and mistrust of the U.S, it�s administrations and its motives.
Not to mention the North Korea/Iran Syria situation and the thousands who have died in this conflict

You�ll excuse me if I don�t start dancing in the street.

Been funny how all the pretences and diversions are being dropped now this is mostly over, all the �its to disarm Saddam� eh.. No� now its to liberate Iraq� has been forgotten and more and more Americans are saying simply they don�t care, it was all just revenge for Sept 11. How they figure attacking Iraq has anything to do with Sept 11 is solely down to the President and his spin machine.

Now it�s the hard part. Hard for Americans anyway. It�s time to put the guns down and work to the future of Iraq with words and diplomacy, something the U.S has proved it ain�t too good at. This is just the start. This is where it gets interesting. How long are they going to stay? Will Bush simply get fed up, move the sights elsewhere, get bored cos he can't cure the problems with guns anymore and Iraq is forgotten? (How many of you knows or cares what is going on in Afghanistan just now?) How long will it take for the Iraqis to start demanding we leave? (Believe it or not, the Iraqi�s hated Saddam, but they ain�t too enamoured with us either.)

The problems of Iraq now cannot be solved with guns.

Oohh And the big question of all that�s already got some of you poking a hole in your pockets.
Who�s next.....?

One of Bush�s main reasons for this war has obviously been achieved amongst members of this board. Simple revenge. Simple distraction, amongst simple people.

Oh, I almost forgot. We still don�t seem to have found any of those nasty weapons. I personally believe they do exist. But if we�re all wrong, won�t that make this war technically illegal? I mean resolution 1441 was permissions to disarm Saddam of weapons of mass destruction right��.?

Okay you may now resume your nationalistic jingoism and pointless diatribe of nonsense and insults.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
that victory means less death and destruction on both sides. Truly, that is something to celebrate, no?

Also, a lot (not all, but many) of the anti-war crowd has said all along, "the Iraqis don't want to be liberated". That was proven false yesterday, much to the chagrin of us who thought otherwise...

Sure, there is a tough road ahead...but no more errant bombs killing civilians, and restoring power and water to the people, as well as freeing them from a murderous regime, is surely something worth a little celebration....

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Of course it is. It would have been stupid to think the Iraqis didn't want freedom from Saddam.

It's also pretty stupid to think that now the inevitable has happened it proves everyone elses arguments wrong. No one I know thought this would not happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Awww, I'm quite disappointed. I was expecting a big slew of Insults, slander and nationalistic fervour to laugh at. Have you all wanked yourselves into a coma already?
Well perhaps I'm being a bit premature. Maybe when I check in after the football there'll be a lovely big pile of poo waiting for me.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I love it! I love it! I love it!

quoted from some SNL actress

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
[sarcasm on] [hick accent on]

Hoo wee! and Ye Haw! That's right! Yesiree bob! We got in there quick and whooped his terrorist a$$ up! Illegal, schmeagal...we stepped up to the plate and did what little pansy a$$ countries like France didn't have the balls ta do, and took care of business!

'Course we didn't 'spect ta lose! We're Uncle Sam boy! Who cares if'n we ticked off a bunch of other goat-herders or fancy-schmancy Euro trash? If someone has a problem with us, bring 'em on, and we'll give 'em more a the same!!!

[sarcasm off] [normal accent on]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
LMAO Gaz!!

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
..."the iraqi people don't want to be liberated?" I haven't been around much, but i never heard that one!
The 'War as Domestic Distraction' world tour is set to stop at.....[place your bets!]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As for some saying "what if they don't want to be liberated"....just go back a few days, and you'll see arguements that Iraqis weren't going to welcome us with open arms, or comments like they continued to vote for Saddam, they were praising Saddam, etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Freedom? It's not as if they were just not allowed to vote and watch cable TV. Had Germany, France, China and Russia had their way people'd still be tortured, shredded in plastic shredders, children imprisoned for not joining the Ba'ath party, etc. Think about that for a moment.

U.S. / E.U. relations at an all-time low? So what? We're supposed to not worry about our own security so that France can have its 60 billion dollar contracts and Russia can worry about its 6 billion dollar loans? Wow. As if the true European feelings for America has been those who love and friendship. This isn't simply a case of the relations being at an all-time low, this is a case of Franco-German attitude being clearly seen for all Americans to see. That is, for all Americans with more sense than Martin Sheen and the Dixie Chicks.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What no praise for Bush BT.

I seem to rember quite a few reply's about the Iraqi people rejecting the U.S.In fact most did not want regime change.Most wanted Saddam to have more time.
I hope the rest of the Arab nations are watching the Iraqi people,and realize the don't have to under an iron fist anymore.A lot of people thought this war would hurt the U.S.I think it might be just the oppisite,and wake up the rest of the arabs.The rest of the world is watching the coalition bring freedom,food,water and other supplies into Iraq.Something nobody else has done or was willing to do for them.And realize the U.S. is not so bad after all.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's the CIA fact site about Syria...

www.cia.gov...

Now, I never really delved too deeply into Syrian politics, but take close notice of the party in power... That's right, the Ba'th party....and elected with 97% of the vote...hmm...where have we seen those kind of numbers before.... Guess where we're goin' next folks...

top topics

join