It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you date/marry somebody with a kid(s)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I started dating a girl, who is really sweet to me and pretty... the problem is she had 2 kids, with 2 dads..
She spent the weekend with me, and it was fun.. but it was kind of weird.. her kids (1 and 3) kept crying, and distracting us..

Anyway... would you... have you.. are you.. dating somebody with another man/womans child?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I absolutely would. It could be awkward depending on her relationship with the baby daddy, but if I love her, I'd deal with it.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is something your going to have to get used to because as you get older its almost impossible to find a woman without kids.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'd rather not

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Depends, sometimes the single parent is single because they were terrible.
I've met a few abusive fathers and mothers here and there.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The Ass**le who had an affair with my other half certainly had no qualms.
I have to go to bloody court now to see my children.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I did in the past. Before I had my own family. That's a toughie. You've got to deal with the BS between your woman and her ex. Then his actions towards the kids. Or inaction. And then if she goes on to further pastures? You miss the kid. If you can do this, kudos to you. It takes a lot of fortitude.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Been there, done that, Never again!

The kid was 8 years old. The father rarely paid for anything, and she allowed it.

She would not discipline the kid properly and was starting to depend on me for being the baby's Daddy.

Too much BS and I left after a couple of months

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
just love goin to the 25 plus club, walk in the door, get with some hot moms, ditch em the next morning, hahaha

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I guess it would have to depend on how old she was and really being able to get to know her. If the girl is lets say 20 with two kids that are 1 and 3 with two different fathers then I wouldn't get involved in a relationship. But if it was a friend that I knew for a long time or if it was a messy situation where the fathers were scumbags then I wouldn't have any objections.

I know, at least where I am from, girls are having kids to just say they have kids and to collect a fat tax return. My fiances old girlfriend from high school is 26 with three kids from two different dads and another on the way with a new guy. I wouldn't go near her knowing her prior history (losing her virginity at 13 with a guy 10 years older and her mother being all for it).

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I sure have and sure would. What ever makes me happy that's what Imma do. If you enjoy her company then why not? Its actually not that bad having young kids around sometimes...especially when they are not yours that mean you kan spoil them when you want and kan.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have enough trouble with my wife and my own 2 kids.

Hell no I don't wanna ever deal with more of them.

Now, if anyone links this post to my old lady, I'm gonna make you wish you hadn't!

Shhhh....this post is secret.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
date : yes

marry :HELLLLL NOOOO

and to you guys that said yes you guys are suckerrsss no offense!
Even if you love the chick you have to make a tough decision ...the less baggage the better.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
1. If you're over the age of 29 and dating.... Guess what ? Your choices are datepeopke with kids or Don't date. End of story.

2. My new Fiance is reallyreally cute (Internet model... No you can't have the site) and has TWO kids. I'm successful and not 1/2 bad looking. I have 3. (part time)

3. My ex-wife is almost as cute as my current GF. And honestly she is a heck of a catch. Former Budweiser Ring Girl, recurring role on Friday Night Lights TV show. She has my (our) kids full time during the week. Youd be a fool to not date / marry either of these girls.

Limiting yourself to only date people who don't have kids, means you are dating the people no one wanted. (ok that was harsh. There are a few never married or no kid people out there who are a good catch. But honestly, there is reason they were married once and have kids...they were and still are a good choice.

My advice... Don't discount or eliminate someone on this fact alone. You are missing out.

~ D.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
I started dating a girl, who is really sweet to me and pretty... the problem is she had 2 kids, with 2 dads..
She spent the weekend with me, and it was fun.. but it was kind of weird.. her kids (1 and 3) kept crying, and distracting us..

Anyway... would you... have you.. are you.. dating somebody with another man/womans child?

Been there and done that and i will never do it again. She can never be totally yours because she has 2 other men on her mind, the fathers of her children and she will always have that connection with them so it will always seem like theres more people involved in your relationship than just you and her. I have my own trust issues because i got royally screwed by a woman who had a kid with another man and i was the one that ended up the loser after i played daddy to her little girl for 3 years and got used hardcore.

You have to keep in mind that she had 2 kids with 2 different men and that will give you a clue about her morals, plus she spent the night with you and had her kids along with someone she probably barely knows. Its your life and your call. I am not going to say she is a bad person because i don't really know her but if it was me i wouldnt even get attached or involved i'd just walk away before you get hurt. Thats if i were you.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've dated a lot of girls, all without kids and recently started seeing a girl who has a 1 year old daughter. It's going better than any of my other ones have before and its about the person, not their cirumstances. It's a bit odd, but I have 2 little half sisters and more recently 4 twin nephews! So I can deal with kids and don't feel awkward around them and I don't think they do around me. Also she likes me more for seeing that side of me so it's pretty good for me. We don't go out partying as much and stuff like that. Depends I guess. If someone is that one special person then if they have 10 kids it shouldn't matter (although it would be bloody taxing) It really depends on you as a person as well I guess, just dont turn someone down coz they have a kid.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
just love goin to the 25 plus club, walk in the door, get with some hot moms, ditch em the next morning, hahaha

Youre probably part of the reason these women have kids with more than 1 daddy too. Wonder how many rugrats you got walking around you don't know about?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am & he is. We both have 4 boys, my oldest 2 as well as his oldest 2 are grown & out of the house. My youngest 2 are 19 & 15, his youngest 2 are 17 & 15. He's an incredible father, he lives for his kids & mine absolutely adore him. It depends on the person & as stated before you better to come grips with it because the older you get the less likely you are to find someone who doesn't have kids.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
I am & he is. We both have 4 boys, my oldest 2 as well as his oldest 2 are grown & out of the house. My youngest 2 are 19 & 15, his youngest 2 are 17 & 15. He's an incredible father, he lives for his kids & mine absolutely adore him. It depends on the person & as stated before you better to come grips with it because the older you get the less likely you are to find someone who doesn't have kids.

Thats when you hookup with girls that are half your age in their mid to low 20's. Plenty of young women looking for an older experienced man who is confident about himself and is a little wiser in his years.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Only if you're willing to deal with the asinine immaturity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join