It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians - Mark 'man boobs' Lathan He can't seriously run this country can he ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
To all the voting Australians out there. Mark Latham is little more than a street thug how could he possibly be seen as a leader of this great nation. Seriously, this is a man who broke a taxi drivers arm and wears it as a badge of pride.
I saw his latest stunt yesterday, signing some giant cardboard promise that he'll keep interest rates low. As if he has any control over the economy - at best he has an average IQ. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but for the leader of our country ? COME ON.

Please feel free to post your opinions, and for the LAtham supporters give me one good reason why he could run this country better.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by mad scientist]

[edit on 3-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Latham gets my vote simply because he wants to open up the republican debate again and this time propose the right way of having one so the monarchists dont win.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, while not coming out ahead on the man-boobs front, I think Beazley would be a much more appealing option for the ALP, but they seem keen on the generational change idea.

The problem with Latham is as you said, even though Howard is looking less and less appealing (children overboard and what have you), Latham just doesn't come off looking like a legitimate alternative. Personally, as I've said elsewhere, I think the parties would be better led by Beazley and Costello.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Latham gets my vote simply because he wants to open up the republican debate again and this time propose the right way of having one so the monarchists dont win.

I'm a republican, down with the British imperialism

What do you think of Costello ? He's a republican, if he took over from Johnny, then I wouldn't think Australia would remain a dominion for long.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Well, while not coming out ahead on the man-boobs front, I think Beazley would be a much more appealing option for the ALP, but they seem keen on the generational change idea.

The problem with Latham is as you said, even though Howard is looking less and less appealing (children overboard and what have you), Latham just doesn't come off looking like a legitimate alternative. Personally, as I've said elsewhere, I think the parties would be better led by Beazley and Costello.

Definately Beazley looks much better. It seems he's making a comeback shadow misister of defence, maybe this is the start of a possible coup if Labor loses the election

The only problem with a Labor alternative now more than ever is their history of economic mangement is appalling. If they get into power it won't be long before they destroy Australia's AAA credit. The Liberls paid off $90billion of Labor national debt. What that money could have been used for is unimaginable, we could;ve fixed almost every environmental problem in the country (going off on a tangent, sorry
).

join