It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human nature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Perhaps it's human nature which makes wonder about endworld scenarios. Because whether we're for it, or against it coming, the end of the world, the Last Battle, will give us a chance to truly choose a side in the final battle between Good and Evil.

GOOD:
We will try to stop it, but when it gets here, we're going to Fight it.

EVIL:
I may not want it to come, but when it does, I'm going to Win it.

Evil is only concerned with winning, whereas, Good finds it more important to battle.

But hey, maybe more people should just refuse to take part.

If everyone protested the Battle, there wouldn't be one.

And isn't that what everyone wants? Or says they want.

Peace?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
if this should be in the Religion Board, can someone help me get it over there?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
'what everyone wants'
Sadly in this world it isn't what everyone wants why do you think there is so much crime in the world, why have there been wars throught the history of man, but how do you define evil, when a lion attacks another lion of his mate, is this an evil action?? The reason ther is so much evil in this world is because it has influenced to many people. I mean can you honestly say Marilyn Manson is Good?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I mean can you honestly say Marilyn Manson is Good?

Yes ... The person himself is fine. His music might not be the best, and this is how most people are judging him. From his music. Same thing with Eminem, they look at what he rap's about, and so they label him as bad just cuz of his lyric's. Really, there's nothing wrong with either one. Their just making the music that sell's the most. In this day and age, that IS what sell's to the teen's ...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
here's a nice sack of controversy

"will there ever be peace,
or we all just headin for doom,
still consumed by the peace,
and i know,
there'll never be peace,
that's why i got my pistol when i walk these streets,
cos there'll never be peace"
tupac.

we all know that he was the greatest legend of rap, and while his actions were what made his words, today it's the opposite, it's the words but not the actions.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
I mean can you honestly say Marilyn Manson is Good?

Yes ... The person himself is fine. His music might not be the best, and this is how most people are judging him. From his music. Same thing with Eminem, they look at what he rap's about, and so they label him as bad just cuz of his lyric's. Really, there's nothing wrong with either one. Their just making the music that sell's the most. In this day and age, that IS what sell's to the teen's ...

mmm sorry i m not basing that judgement on his music, marilyn manson is not a good person, have you seen the things he does on stage?? He does terrible things to the cross and the bible, its definitly not healthy viewing thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lakini

mmm sorry i m not basing that judgement on his music, marilyn manson is not a good person, have you seen the things he does on stage?? He does terrible things to the cross and the bible, its definitly not healthy viewing thats for sure.

It's no different than ministers on TV, preaching the 'gospel' into my home. It's simply the other side of the spectrum.
That which is to be revered is to be profaned.

What man has the wisdom to say which is 'right'?

When in doubt, turn the channel, don't go to the concert, etc...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
what are you arguing ??? Whatever it is it has nothing to do with what i was saying...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Basically, I was saying you can't label a person as good or evil.
IMHO, there's no such thing (in the universal sense).

And if you believe in God, and that He is the judger of souls, then it should be left to Him, as that is His job.

At the very least, be thankful for Marilyn Manson (& others), as their acts of 'evil', allow for acts of 'goodness' to exist and be chosen.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
well form their actions you can at least label them a bad person. What defines evil?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
each person (sometimes whole religions) define what is 'evil'.

a 'bad person' compared to what?

Just take Christians vs. Satanists
Both see the other as 'evil', 'wrong', 'ignorant', etc..

Who knows which group is actually right?
Is either group 'right'?

Why?

top topics

join