It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So, about an hour ago, the protesters in 'Occupy Toronto' got served with Eviction Notices.
I said it before, and I'll say it again, the OWS movement never had a chance. Violence is the only way to create change.
Peaceful protesting in the Middle East ONLY worked, because PTB, and the American's allowed it to be so.
You can read a bit more about it here: OWS Go Home!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by Son of Will

One cold hard fact. Bank Transfer Day and the Dump BOA sub-movements were spawned by OWS. In the end BOA dropped its $5 debit card fee, and global banks lost an estimated 700,000 accounts. That's a cause and effect in my book, and real change.

Source: online.wsj.com...

For being "cold hard facts", they sure have a bizarre lack of any truth to them... Bank Transfer Day was not organized by OWS, but by a woman named Kristen Christian who owns an art gallery in LA. She is not affiliated with the Occupy movement. The Dump BOA movement is far more vague and it's unclear whether it's actually accomplished anything at all. BOA is one of the most corrupt banks in the US and this has been known for a very long time.

Even if they were directly spawned by the OWS movement, that doesn't change my belief that the OWS movement itself is a childish and half-baked approach at protesting. They are not expressing any unifying ideology and certainly not offering any unifying solution to any of these problems.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Guys I havent heard anything on the news about the OWS or on the online media? It just seems that after thanksgiving they stopped reporting on them? This seems highly unsual...did they do that to cover up something more sinister?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I hope these "occupations" will remain peaceful. Let's not be like other countries, hurting one another in the streets. Keep it rational. Can't we "rise above"?

unfortunately, Amica, the same process cannot be kept peaceful: only a few of minority step aside of Power w\o battle & $-clans don't belong to this "a few". if the entire World must be sunk into sh*t to save Power -- $-clans shall do.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

www.kgw.com...
19 arrested yesterday in Portland..

It's not making national news much because well ... it's old news now. Until something big happens at a protest, no one really cares about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just a quick thought thrown into the internet wind. It seems many ATSers are calling for violence to change things. Are we willing to kill people in order to spread money around? Is the goal worth the cost? Or is there another goal that is less discussed, almost hidden?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Just a quick thought thrown into the internet wind. It seems many ATSers are calling for violence to change things. Are we willing to kill people in order to spread money around? Is the goal worth the cost? Or is there another goal that is less discussed, almost hidden?

Probably not the best plan.

Having seen the OWS crew, they'd last about 4 minutes in an armed conflict with the citizenry of oh, say, any Texas town. Probably less in the mountains of West Virginia, Colorado, Wyoming etc.

The rest of the country ain't L.A. Meaning: we'll shoot back.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

how to edit my post everything went astray
??

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The founding fathers and the constitution did not intend for this country to be the way it is now..it has been corrupted by career politicians and lobbyists. History has been rewritten and perverted by progressives who think big government is the way to run society, but big government can never allow freedom.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Having seen the OWS crew, they'd last about 4 minutes in an armed conflict with the citizenry of oh, say, any Texas town. Probably less in the mountains of West Virginia, Colorado, Wyoming etc.

I dunno, if it was organised, the people outnumber the police 100-1, even more. And I know for a fact that i'd rather die shooting a pig in the face than letting one beat me to death. And at the end of the day, these will be the options. The police are making damn sure of that. But the filth don't know the difference between right and wrong, so this doesn't supprise me.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Guys I havent heard anything on the news about the OWS or on the online media? It just seems that after thanksgiving they stopped reporting on them? This seems highly unsual...did they do that to cover up something more sinister?

You can still find some reports here and there. The reason for a lack of new reports is because a good majority of the Occupy Protesters have been evicted from their encampments. No protesters = no story. Some of the Occupy (insert city here have begun trying to find new places to camp, but thus far they have been unsuccessful.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by tangonine

I dunno, if it was organised, the people outnumber the police 100-1, even more. And I know for a fact that i'd rather die shooting a pig in the face than letting one beat me to death. And at the end of the day, these will be the options. The police are making damn sure of that. But the filth don't know the difference between right and wrong, so this doesn't supprise me.

Just so you know: a lot of my friends are what you refer to as "pigs"

I'll be shooting in your direction, should it come to that.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35   >>

join