It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
News Story

Police Friday said they had reason to think many in the camp were arming for a confrontation, calling for reinforcements from Seattle and San Francisco, along with constructing weapons and fortifications.

As much as I'd love to see OWS gone just for the sheer fact of how much it costs the city (nearly $400k in overtime bills alone) I have to say.. I respect their ability to stand up to the police.

Police said hundreds were possibly heading to Portland and people may be in trees during any police action and a hole was being dug, reinforced by wood.

Protesters were also thought to be hammering nails into pieces of wood for weapons and gathering gas masks.

Several pallets were brought in Thursday night to the northwest corner of Chapman Park known as "The 420 Hotel" where police were told it looked like protesters were making shields.

Anyone on the West Coast knows you can go up and down the entire coast via Amtrak very cheap .. apparently people are heeding the call with people coming in from all over the place to take on the police at midnight, Saturday night. The mayor thought he was being nice or something when he gave them a 6 day notice that they would be removed this coming Sunday morning right at Midnight.. There are 3 camps, federal officers will be assisting. Perhaps they thought they would leave, but obviously building shields and spiked clubs would make it appear they are not leaving. Peacefully anyways. Also all over the place posted on light poles are posters warning protesters how to protect themselves against tear gas and other "non-lethal" weapons.

Personally I think it's about time people stood up to the police, and meet them with shield and club as they come at protesters billy-clubs swinging.
edit on 11/11/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
hmmm this doesn't look good...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

just want to outline, most of your quote started with possibly and thought to be....evidence or it didn't happen.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Finally took to my advice on shields. What they need to do is make a wall with shields and to have staffs/ unsharpened spears. This will make a nearly impenetrable defense, and won't seriously injure police officers. Also, mobile protesters armed with NON spiked clubs on motorcycles, scooters, and bikes would allow for flanking.

If only I were in command. We would be sitting on the White House lawn.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No good can come of this.

I just hope that these reports are incorrect, because as I see it they look a little bit like misinformation to justify police over-reaction.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I dont think this can be true, who in their right mind would want to wage war with the police, it gives every reason to completely faceplant any remaining credibility of the occupy movement. I see the justification for shields in defence since they want to protect the right to camp out (if that is a right), but making weapons for attacking back is not a wise decision. They need cops on their side this is going to deepen the divide accross all the cities beteen cops and protesters.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What? Still talking?
Let's get our butts to Portland.

+6 more 
link   
They should have shields and guns and anything else they can get their hands on so they can be on par with the police and what they have...

It is fully in their rights to do so... Second Amendment... Read up on it

You choose to use force against protesters because you cannot silence them, at some point they will return the favor.

+40 more 
link   
I have no respect for these people preparing for war? shelids? molotov cock tails? etc.

No that stupidity needs to end now.

+87 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I have no respect for these people preparing for war? shelids? molotov cock tails? etc.

Would you have said that to our founding fathers? You think they won the war with peaceful protesting?

If it were up to you we would be speaking proper english and having a spot of tea every afternoon spending our quid on liters of petrol.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well if they are diggin in, its time to put up or shut up

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Seriously.....you ought to re-read your quote, America does that every day of the week and has so for over 200 years.....you don't respect America?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

link   
Op the thread title is very misleading..

What all this boils down to folks..

Occupy Portland comes to an end..

Will not be much of a fight...

As long as the mayor does not wimp out
this thing is over folks..
edit on 11-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
link   
reply to post by el1jah

The police are waging war against the protesters, why should they not protect themselves and stand up for their rights?

The attitude you portray here is exactly what the government expects and wants from us.

There is no easy way out of this without completely giving in to the government. They've shown us they want war; I feel poorly about this but it's the only thing that we can do. I wish I could get to the site.

link   

"Claims that we are organizing massive numbers of people from other cities, including anarchists, to confront police action violently are false," Ledoux added. "The Portland Police have been engaging for the last several weeks in a campaign to defame and confuse the message of our movement by attributing the actions and statements of individuals to the movement as a whole, and they continue to do so. "If (what police say) is happening, it's not Occupy Portland organizing it, and that I can guarantee," press liason Jordan Ledoux said in response to the police update. Ledoux said the group knew of about 10 Seattle volunteers arriving Saturday to "stand in peaceful solidarity with our movement in a time of need."

Looks like the Occupy Portland "spokesmen" denies that any of this is true.

Maybe this is a way for the police to come out in force, ramp up emotions and overreact to a non-existent threat....while they use stories like this to justify excessive force.

This will not end well at all.
edit on 11-11-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
I dont think this can be true, who in their right mind would want to wage war with the police, it gives every reason to completely faceplant any remaining credibility of the occupy movement. I see the justification for shields in defence since they want to protect the right to camp out (if that is a right), but making weapons for attacking back is not a wise decision. They need cops on their side this is going to deepen the divide accross all the cities beteen cops and protesters.

That actually adds to the credibility. This is not a bunch of pussies who are gonna get confronted by police once and then go home. Nowhere in Amerika has that happened yet. Once the police come in, it becomes a war, whether a violent one as in Oakland or not. Sounds to me like you support the misfit police of Amerika. Good for you I guess, but I don't like 'em. They have no regard for humans, and they don't serve and protect anyone that matters.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

People need to stop comparing OWS to the founders that is seriously pathetic, Real men with a real cause not recycled failed left wing ideology.

That is one of the most ridiculous comment i have ever read on here kill other Americans over what?

WHAT?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Yeah well police aren't the Government the us Government.
edit on 11-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes yes, let's allow the cops to club people until they're satisfied. Self defense is over rated. Empowerment is at the end of a billy club and choking on tear gas.

I have no respect for YOU...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join