It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 and weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have two questions for you. The first one is, was there any location that was not cloudy so as someone could get a clear view of YU55 as it passed November 9,2011? Two, after finally viewing the blurry photo Nasa have up I have to wonder how is it possible with all the professional and amateur astronomers in the world no one was able to get a clear picture of YU55 as it passed closest to Earth than the moon?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

it was only a few hundred meters wide and about 200,000 miles away - quite tricky to get a good pic...and nasa did release a pretty good video

stu

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know this is short but
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

That was a radar image, not a blurry photo. It was actually quite detailed. At that range it was likely the best you could ever expect.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wow, you would think with all their technology to see into other galaxies they could at the very least get a clear detail picture of what's outside of the Earth's atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I found very sharp picture of YU55. We don't have technology to take sharper pictures of very small objects. Also YU55 was very fast and satellites are not fast enough in tracking.

en.esimg.org...

And here is also movie by NASA Goldstone Solar System Radar
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 11-11-2011 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Chai_An

That was a radar image, not a blurry photo. It was actually quite detailed. At that range it was likely the best you could ever expect.

I sure was hoping to see something amazing, especially since I think it was the BBC who posted an article about a strange structure on YU55, they posted that on line in a rather long article. I wanted to see what it was to make an assessment for myself DOGGONE!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

i'm with you, total con job,

All the trillions invested into NASA over time via the working tax payers and they won't share what they see and find,

Travesty and complete traitors,

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

It was moving too fast. the color of a giant charcoal briquet moving at 30,000 miles per hour.
You really can't image items like that. That's why they turned to radar. Radar doesn't care if an object is dark or light.
Plus the object had rotation..Not good for time exposed visible light. But again, radar doesn't care.

Those giant things that are light years way, are easier. They're huge, light years across.
And can be stared at, by visible light telescope for hours and hours at a time..Collecting enough light to make them visible. There is hardly any apparent movement..Except for an allowance for the Earth's rotation (just use a clock driveto follow it)..Or in the case of Hubble..Use the Gyroscopes to keep it aimed at one point. Far far away.

edit on 11-11-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

No way around the fact it was small and hundreds of thousands of miles away. In fact it is amazing they can get any image at all.

I understand though, I'd love to have seen a good closeup image. We are seeing excellent photo's of other asteroids though, which is great. In the end it's a big boulder though.

I remember watching my Father who was raised on a ranch in the middle of nowhere who had to take a buckboard ride for two days to get to a store, watch the Moon Landing sitting next to me on the couch. The amazing transition he watched in his lifetime from herding cattle on horseback to watching the Moon Landing was in his eyes. It's been no less amazing in my lifetime. I think we are just starting the journey.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
I have two questions for you. The first one is, was there any location that was not cloudy so as someone could get a clear view of YU55 as it passed November 9,2011? Two, after finally viewing the blurry photo Nasa have up I have to wonder how is it possible with all the professional and amateur astronomers in the world no one was able to get a clear picture of YU55 as it passed closest to Earth than the moon?

Because it was too far away is the simple answer, but if you want to make a ridiculous thread, I'm sure you will get plenty of help of the like minded.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

IT was too far away, AND it was too close. Kind of an oxymoron, I know...
But the distance problem was due to it's size, and it's closeness problem was due to it's speed and low reflectivity.
Like taking a picture of a black car on the other side of a divided highway, at night.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by Chai_An

Because it was too far away is the simple answer, but if you want to make a ridiculous thread, I'm sure you will get plenty of help of the like minded.

I asked two questions therefore a ridiculous thread? What on earth is happening to this site in which people can't be curious anymore?

new topics

top topics

join