It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 236th Birthday USMC!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Before the United States was born, there was a Marine Corps. For the last 236 years Marines have fought tirelessly to preserve the freedom of the United States and the traditions of the Corps.

This year, the Marine Corps commemorates 236 years of service as well as the sacrifice and dedication of countless Marines that those years represent.

I personally spent 4 years of the past 236 in service with the USMC. I wouldn't trade those years for anything! 4 of the most valuable years of my life. What I learned about myself, the world and others is priceless. I carry the motto Semper Fidelis with me always. Latin for Always Faithful. I am a better man because of those 4 years!

Who is with me? Let's hear it for the United States Marines!!
edit on 11/10/2011 by americanbuffalo1 because: Spelling error

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by americanbuffalo1

I can support the Marines without agreeing with the government that controls them, right?

Hoo-rah.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Absolutely! I do! Not a fan of the US government but I love the Corps! Thanks for the reply!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

OOH RAH!!!

They took a snot-nosed kid (I joined days after my 16th B-Day) from a privileged upbringing and turned him into a man.

And a killer.

But the thing I value the most about my time in the Marine Corp is the fact that I am part of a family, a brotherhood, that will live on forever.

Semper Fi Devil Dogs, and Happy Birthday!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I wanted to join the Corps my whole life but the corporations took that desire from my heart. Damn them forever!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Happy birthday, Devil Dogs! I'll have a toast tomorrow for you guys. Navy rules!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

OOH-RAH Marine!

Proud to be a part of the great tradition which is the Marine Corps!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Happy birthday, Devil Dogs! I'll have a toast tomorrow for you guys. Navy rules!!!!

Thank you. I agree: Navy Rules!

When you absolutely have to get to where you are going, the US Navy has the best deep water cab drivers in the world; and they absolutely loved to get raped Friday nights playing on the hangar deck on the way over. It's a TWOFER Win/Win!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Just wanted to add the Navy has the BEST chow of all the US military! Never ate as well as I did when I was on Navy ships!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

That's just wrong, wrong, wrong....LOL.

Glad you got to fill up. Did you guys ever pummel any sailors while running through the passageways while doing security exercises. I had a shipmate take the butt of a gun to his face once...LOL. Dummy should have heard a bunch of Marines running his way!

edit on 10-11-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Sure it would happen once in awhile! Yeah I don't miss PT in such tight quarters. I remember one sailor who watched our PT one morning and said he was glad he was only a sailor and didn't have to participate. I told him I'm glad I'm a Marine cause I get to participate and get back on land much more often than he does. It was typically a mutual admiration between Marines and Sailors. Although I know there were sailors who thumbed their noses at us too. Oh well such is the life of being the Navy's bastard son!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"Marines Are Not Allowed to Die Without Permission; But always remember this: Marines die, that's what we're here for! But the Marine Corps lives forever. And that means you live forever!"- R Lee Ermey
edit on 11/10/2011 by Irish614 because: forgot to quote

top topics

join