It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of man & the real meaning of religion.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hello everyone.
I am sure this has probably been posted many times on ATS and I'm not going to search to find out simply because i believe this is the most important piece of information one can read in their life time. As far as i'm concerned it be handed out to everyone on this planet.

Now i know their will most likely be people that will call this dis-info, or call Zacharia a fake but i truly believe this to be real information. Solely because it just makes perfect sense and their is numerous evidence all over the world of what is said.

So to the point.
Clay tablets found in Mesopotamia (modern Iraq) dated back 5000 years tell the story of man kinds creation and why it came to be.

Now their is a book, but i prefer to listen to the audio version as you can cook tea, clean etc while listening.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
A book by this name: "The Origins and Destiny of Man" by Edgar Cayce, the Sleeping Prophet.

Man, pyramids, Atlantis, God etc...very interesting and recommended.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

A book by this name: "The Origins and Destiny of Man" by Edgar Cayce, the Sleeping Prophet.

I am continually astonished how people take the Holy Bible and change it to suite themselves. They water it down, cut bits out, add bits in, allegorise certain sections, deny other sections.

The Holy Bible is what it is. You either believe it or deny it - period. If you believe that it is the inspired word of GOD - the creator of the universe - then the book (the whole book) must be accepted as such. Not bits and pieces. If you deny it as the Word of GOD, then you knowingly deny it as a whole and thus, deny the GOD of the Bible.

Edgar Cayse is guilty of changing the Holy Bible (not explaining it) to suite modern times. He, amongst countless others - is trying to repack the universal, supernatural themes of the Bible (which is outside our human limits of understanding) into a rather small box - filed and labelled to be user friendly.

If you are serious about finding out about the origins of man and the universe, then I urge you to begin with investigating the authenticity of the Holy Bible. If the book can be proven as truth, then you need to go no further. If it disintegrates under your research, then try the next resource in line, and move on from there.

Now i know their will most likely be people that will call this dis-info, or call Zacharia a fake but i truly believe this to be real information. Solely because it just makes perfect sense and their is numerous evidence all over the world of what is said.

WIKIPEDIA

Sitchin's hypotheses are not accepted by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudohistory. Sitchin's work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims.[2][3]

I find it astounding that you can believe this story, which has been discredited by EVERY scientific authority related to such a study, yet categorically deny the Holy Bible, which is proven scientifically, astronomically, archeologically, historically, mathematically, testimonially, and physically, AND MOST OF ALL - PROPHETICALLY.

Please friends, check out the Bible - it explains in detail what we need to know.

Be Blessed.

edit on 10-11-2011 by 1king2rulethemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

It would be nice if you had summarised a few of the key points as unfortunately I do not have the time at the moment to listen to an hour and a half worth of YouTube commentary, even though it does seem interesting.

But what is it that makes you believe 5200 year old clay tablets could shine any more light on the subject when a 2000 year old book which everyone takes so seriously seems to be so full of misinformation....?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

First you should indicate to what version of the Bible you are referring to. The Bible is a creation of man for man, large part of it does not necessary speak of God but it presented in a religious background.

I do not agree that the Bible must be exempt from editing just because it historically has been altered many times, starting by selection of the texts and the translations. I would prefer that people respect each-others believes but do not see any issues with creating clear derivative works.

How many generations of man lived and died before the creation of the Bible, I find it extremely challenging to a clear minded person to agree with our assessment.

If you deny it as the Word of GOD, then you knowingly deny it as a whole and thus, deny the GOD of the Bible.

One could argue if the Bible represents the word of God, especially since the Bible has in its origins the Jewish Torah and today many divergent versions of the Bible exist. But the God mentioned and the teachings in all texts should be the same (with the necessary addition of Christ to the Christian Bible) ...

I also find it extremely unlikely than a God directed the writing of the Bible, this would be an exercise in futility for such a being, since for the creator of all a better and less prone to prevarications way to spread his teachings would have been possible.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

Religion is a type of magic, that serves to provide to some answers to their necessity for explanations of the unknown and the unbelievable.

Some of the ultimate and more fundamental unknowns are how it all started ? what created us ? what created all we see ? what meaning is there for everything ? what will happen at the end (of ones life, of existence) ?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Again, my friend, I challenge you to thoroughly investigate the authenticity of the Bible. Your doubts are understandable - but easily silenced with research.

Below is a link (the very first one that I found) that explains "How sure can we be of our Bible".
The Bible stands firm against any critique. If it didn't, it would NOT BE AROUND TODAY as authoritative doctrine of the Christian faith.

www.godandscience.org...

Happy reading friend.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89
Hello everyone.
I am sure this has probably been posted many times on ATS and I'm not going to search to find out simply because i believe this is the most important piece of information one can read in their life time. As far as i'm concerned it be handed out to everyone on this planet.

So to the point.
Clay tablets found in Mesopotamia (modern Iraq) dated back 5000 years tell the story of man kinds creation and why it came to be.

Now their is a book, but i prefer to listen to the audio version as you can cook tea, clean etc while listening.

www.youtube.com...

Actually no.

This is a load of rubbish if you want to learn the origins of the human race and can cant be bothered to read a book then watch the fantastic BBC series entitled 'The origins of us' www.bbc.co.uk...www.bbc.co.uk... You might still get it on iPlayer or if you must use YT then www.youtube.com...

It clearly shows how the evidence of our evolution is encoded in our physical characteristics, this of course is backed up by actual physical and archaeological evidence properly researched by people who know what they are talking about. When you listen to Sitchin or the Ancient Aliens crew you are only doing two things,

1 - Helping them make money peddling snake oil.
2 - Making a fool of yourself.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Religion is a type of magic, that serves to provide to some answers to their necessity for explanations of the unknown and the unbelievable.
reply to post by Panic2k11

Firstly, let me clarify that Christianity IS NOT RELIGION ! It is a RELATIONSHIP. Jesus Himself condemns religion MANY MANY times during HIS ministry on earth. HE does this because religion is man-made and self centred - not GOD given and Christ centred.

Some of the ultimate and more fundamental unknowns are how it all started ? what created us ? what created all we see ? what meaning is there for everything ? what will happen at the end (of ones life, of existence) ?

The Holy Bible gives the answers TO ALL of your fundamental unknowns, and backs up the answers by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

because the clay tablets are as they were 5200+ years ago and not chopped and changed to suit.

wasn't it the 'elites' that were in power at the time when jc was pinned to the cross, because of his teachings, aren't they the same bloodlines that bought out the book of jc's teachings and that are still in power today creating "prophecy fulfilment"..?

and they've had us putting our Energy faith and belief into this christ figure "over there".. could it all be about the christ within, the bit of god in us all..?

people seriously need to wake up, the flock are gonna fook us up..lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Religion = poo, tosh, twaddle and tripe!

Religious people/believers = "We couldnt be wrong!!"

Religious scripts, books = fantasy

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The bible is only proof of what people BELIEVED to be true thousands of years ago...it doesn't represent reality. Hell, in many cases it's demonstrably wrong! That silly global flood never happened, humans didn't just pop up in their current form, and people can't survive inside whales.

Not surprising though, the guys back then only had a fraction of the scientific knowledge we have today...so I'm not blaming them for trying to explain something they couldn't understand with magic (aka god).

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Not surprising though, the guys back then only had a fraction of the scientific knowledge we have today...so I'm not blaming them for trying to explain something they couldn't understand with magic (aka god).
reply to post by MrXYZ

May I suggest that you read JOB 38 - 42 in the Bible (as just 1 example). Which, by the way, was written 600 B.C. Long before "the fantastic scientific advances and knowledge" that blesses us today.

Some examples..........
1. It talks about the direction of light www.photo-seminars.com...
2. the direction of lightning www.peter-thomson.com...
3. it talks about the properties of ice www.its.caltech.edu...
4. it talks about Pleiades and Orion

WRITTEN 600 B.C !!!!!!

Also in the epistle to the Ephesians, written 62 A.D. (Ephesus is still around today), Paul - the author - says.......

3:18 you may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth.......

Notice he mentions 4 dimensions ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Einstein confirmed the 4 dimensions in his general theory of relativity some 1900 years later.

The Bible is as relative today as when it was written.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If Christianity is not a religion it should be excluded from the exemption of not pain taxes in lots of countries.

I understand the "authenticity of the Bible" I just disagree with you about its divine origin. To be more exact I should have stated that we are probably in agreement in many versions of the bible except one. If you identified what version of the Bible you selected as being of divine provenience, I could evaluate your claim more clearly.

The Bible stands firm against any critique.

This is a false claim, as a Christian you should refrain from making it. There are indeed errors in the bible factual errors and interpretational error, some go as far as the first translations, this is one reason why claiming that the text is still a reflection of the intention of the authors is problematic, even more if they themselves served as interpreters of the divine will of God.

it would NOT BE AROUND TODAY as authoritative doctrine of the Christian faith.

And it isn't, Christian faiths all have reworked the text, removing and adding to serve their human purposes.

Christianity IS NOT RELIGION ! It is a RELATIONSHIP

In that I fully agree with you. We would all be much better today if all organized religions never existed.

The Holy Bible gives the answers TO ALL of your fundamental unknowns...

No it does not, I do not adopt faith as certainty, I believe in many things, even in that a God exists but I do not depend in the crutches of faith, for that would make me blind to the possibility of alternatives and unable to contest what I believe in. One thing that I'm certain that you would agree with me is that of the importance of free will...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It also gets the entire exodus of the Jews wrong, claims there was a global flood that never happened, and of course claims humans just popped up in their current form. So some core claims are demonstrably WRONG.

In short: Even a blind chicken finds a grain of corn once in a while

One thing's for sure, the bible isn't correct when it comes to a ton of crucial claims...which should any objective person be VERY suspicious about the rest

Regarding the "dimensions" thing...recent studies there could be up to 11 or more dimensions. So what's your argument there...did the bible get it wrong? Or will you be able to twist it in a way to "make it fit" again.
edit on 10-11-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

.. could it all be about the christ within, the bit of god in us all..?
reply to post by WHOS READY

Whether you know it or not my friend, that was the very sin of satan. He wanted to be a GOD himself. Then he tempted Adam and Eve with that very line.... "you shall be as Gods"

The book of satan, written by anton levey, page 5, verse 3 states as its doctrine.......

3. Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer."

We are broken, corrupt, infected, fallen. We are not creator, but created.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Again, my friend, I challenge you to thoroughly investigate the authenticity of the Bible. Your doubts are understandable - but easily silenced with research.

You yourself have preformed these investigations on the Bible, and it's authenticity? Have you? I did this too, and now I have a few thousand doubts, instead of just a few. Tell us, what did you discover?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Regarding the "dimensions" thing...recent studies there could be up to 11 or more dimensions. So what's your argument there...did the bible get it wrong? Or will you be able to twist it in a way to "make it fit" again.
reply to post by MrXYZ

That is true - the do acknowledge up to 10 with certainty, and the possibility of an 11th. BUT ONLY FOUR (4) are directly measurable.
I only stated the dimension verse (in support of the other proofs) in response to a previous post about the lack of knowledge statement that you made in regards to "the guys back then". You didn't comment on those other proofs?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I have discovered that the Bible is supported by scientific, archeological, astronomical, historical, testimonial, and physical facts and proofs. I have also been a first hand eye-witness in the reality, existence and truth of GOD.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall
reply to post by autowrench

I have discovered that the Bible is supported by scientific, archeological, astronomical, historical, testimonial, and physical facts and proofs. I have also been a first hand eye-witness in the reality, existence and truth of GOD.

Except...it isn't.

Global flood => didn't happen
Exodus of the Jews as in the bible => didn't happen
Humans just popping up in their current form => didn't happen

The bible is DEMONSTRABLY wrong from a scientific standpoint. So you might wanna learn more about science before making claims that are so clearly wrong

<<   2  3  4 >>

join