It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big picture..industrialization and the future and the past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have a lot of research to compile to add to this thread, but I have to start somewhere, and it's my first thread, so take pity or have mercy on me, as I don't even have a laptop to compile this. My main focal point here, or thesis, is the industrialization of our cuture and it's impact on human (or other) civilization, or lack thereof, today, and the way this introduced a control mechanism in our developement, or lack thereof, so that we were all a product of first, industrialisation (with the ideaology tht we all needed jobs in order to survive and assert a predisposed, controlled morality)leading eventually to a technological singularity that was meant to defeat the basic precepts of free and unencumbered life,and actually assailing our minds in an effort to defeat the basic principals of what freedom and individuality is, by wresting the environment from anything vaguely resembling natural to prove it's inherent lack of worth, and thereby assert control over it, not to improve it with control and engineering, but to destroy the natural essence of it and thereby justify destroying it--and in so doing, proving the inherent evil in the simple nature of being alive.....
I would like to start with a history of a company named the Burroughs Corporation, and would ask, if you are interested, to read the following link, which has too many points to fully quote here. The history of this begins in the early 1900s, and is a rundown of industrialization mirrored with computational history, that pretty well, IMO,
illustrates how the two historically mirror what is resulting in the events now unfolding. I think many may be surprised that computational history began that long ago, and the result is an affectation of what transpires "now" and affects the transgressions and interpretations of history at this moment--for we are in a time when we realize that time is simply, and not only, of the essence, but of the perception, interpretation......

www.cs.stir.ac.uk...

Neural networks are being used:

in investment analysis:
to attempt to predict the movement of stocks currencies etc., from previous data. There, they are replacing earlier simpler linear models.
in signature analysis:
as a mechanism for comparing signatures made (e.g. in a bank) with those stored. This is one of the first large-scale applications of neural networks in the USA, and is also one of the first to use a neural network chip.
in process control:
there are clearly applications to be made here: most processes cannot be determined as computable algorithms. Newcastle University Chemical Engineering Department is working with industrial partners (such as Zeneca and BP) in this area.
in monitoring:
networks have been used to monitor
the state of aircraft engines. By monitoring vibration levels and sound, early warning of engine problems can be given.
British Rail have also been testing a similar application monitoring diesel engines.
in marketing:
networks have been used to improve marketing mailshots. One technique is to run a test mailshot, and look at the pattern of returns from this. The idea is to find a predictive mapping from the data known about the clients to how they have responded. This mapping is then used to direct further mailshots.
To probe further:

edit on 9-11-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
lol..
edit on 9-11-2011 by ZerkerVirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Could you simply lay out what you are saying in this thread? I see a massive, run-on sentence--not to be a grammar nazi--of terms that are way over my head.

Simplicity is key

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

Ok. This is my deal. There has been a "technological singularity" since at least the Vietnam war.,,that's where in trace it to with thenlinks provided about the burroughs corp and what transpired after that. And the purpose was to control our destiny so we wouldn't have one, unless it was a controlled one..and what's very important is the fact through dates and time that the plan for this has been ongoing since the dawn of industrialization , so therefore it MIGHT be possible that be4 there was even a planned thing such as the Internet.....that

Do hoj get it. Well never mind. I will just delete the result in fifteen minutes or so

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
reply to post by isthisreallife

Ok. This is my deal. There has been a "technological singularity" since at least the Vietnam war.,,that's where in trace it to with thenlinks provided about the burroughs corp and what transpired after that. And the purpose was to control our destiny so we wouldn't have one, unless it was a controlled one..and what's very important is the fact through dates and time that the plan for this has been ongoing since the dawn of industrialization , so therefore it MIGHT be possible that be4 there was even a planned thing such as the Internet.....that

Do hoj get it. Well never mind. I will just delete the result in fifteen minutes or so

You might be intelligent in your own ways but please make it easier for the rest of us to understand exactly what's on your mind.

Industrialization (modern or ancient) has always been the part of any civilized society.
This is how we got where we are today (i.e you are able to type on a piece of equipment from wherever you're located and the rest of the world can read)

Let me make it easier for you...Do you think Industralization is Good/Bad/Necessary? If Yes or No, why? What are the Pros and Cons of a industralized civilization? Do you think the tribal villages of amazon are better off than us?

Everything evolves according to the surroundings and needs as per Darwin. Humans have evolved too through Industrialization.
edit on 10-11-2011 by hp1229 because: grammer

edit on 10-11-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join