It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need To Ban Trade With China!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Why you ask? Because of the consistent trail of unsafe products that come into this country to help the bottom line while putting US consumers at risk. We all heard about the poison dog food that was killing our pets. Or the tainted baby formula. Or the drywall that molds with the slightest hint of humidity, and the never ending dangerous children toys.

But have you ever thought of honey?

Most Honey Sold In America Isn't Really Honey

One of the nation's leading melissopalynologists analyzed more than 60 jugs, jars and plastic bears of honey in 10 states and the District of Columbia for pollen content, Food Safety News said. He found that pollen was frequently filtered out of products labeled "honey."

• No pollen was found in 76 percent of samples from grocery stores including TOP Food, Safeway, Giant Eagle, QFC, Kroger, Metro Market, Harris Teeter, A&P, Stop & Shop and King Soopers.

• No pollen was found in 100 percent of samples from drugstores including Walgreens, Rite-Aid and CVS Pharmacy.

• The anticipated amount of pollen was found in samples bought at farmers markets, co-ops and stores like PCC and Trader Joe's.

Why does it matter where your honey comes from? An earlier Food Safety News investigation found that at least a third of all the honey consumed in the United States was likely smuggled from China and could be tainted with illegal antibiotics and heavy metals.

Absolutely astounding.. I'm literally dumbfounded by this. How the hell can we fail so miserably at protecting our own people when the vast majority of honey consumed in the US may be tainted with foreign substances?? And NO pollen in honey? As someone who enjoys honey I know that pollen actually changes the taste and texture of honey, which is why if you go to a real source for honey it will be labeled based on the flowers used to make the honey and will taste accordingly. I always knew the "bear" honey was crap, but poison molasses smuggled from China? WTF?

Just another example of China's classy act. America needs to wake up to a sobering fact: WE DON'T NEED THEM! We don't need their tainted products, cheap plastic # and slave labor. We should cut them off entirely, place a trade embargo on them, and watch them collapse. I know I know, what about the poor corporations that will have to pay a living wage..

edit on 11/9/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I avoid Chinese made products like the plague.

It's all low quality and like you said full of lead and crap.

Don't count on your mis-leaders to set up an embargo.

People, start demanding goods from USA, or at least European goods

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It just shows more of the US government's hypocrisy. The corporate lobbyists would never allow the politicians to ban trade with China, as it would cut into their bottom line too much. We refuse to trade with Cuba, a communist nation that poses no threat to the US, yet China is a far worse Communist nation in regard to human rights, and they make the largest percentage of our products. Ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

If you can't drop troops on our soil without it being a battle for every blade of grass, why not poison and debilitate our bodies, so we're in the bathroom forced to evacuate more frequently!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You might ask our politicians where the Great Lakes' fresh water disappears to as well...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Nah I disagree.

Since the 70s the US/West have effectively exported our manufacturing and industrial waste, air and water pollution to China in exchange for cheap products.

Oh yeah, the whole job thing huh....

CATCH 22

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Great thread OP...if more and more members on ATS expose this ..we may once again be able to buy USA and UK, Aussie and Kiwi products on our shelves.

You may or may not know that approx 2.5 million dogs every year are ...skinned alive..yes ...skinned alive by the Chinese.
The product ie "Dog Fur" is disguised as rabbit or synthetic fur and sold in almost every western nation.

The dogs wag their tails and then have their heads bashed against a hard object then whilst only dazed they are skinned alive to save time.

I hope thqat every single product this nation produces is boycotted but my gut tells me they are only just beginning.

We are the most cowardly race on earth to allow ourselves to be be imprisoned by cheap , satan like beliefs.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Nah I disagree.

Since the 70s the US/West have effectively exported our manufacturing and industrial waste, air and water pollution to China in exchange for cheap products.

Oh yeah, the whole job thing huh....

CATCH 22

Like a boomerang eh?
But we all were not guilty, so we all should not suffer.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The USA still does every type of manufacturing that China does .. we even make toys, mold plastics and have textiles etc etc.. the only difference is that our manufacturing is clean and sustainable, sure it could be better and it isn't perfect, but it's pretty effin good. China on the other hand doesn't even try. It's one topic that makes me want to punch every Environmentalist I meet: If you want to put a REAL dent in "global warming" and pollution .. boycott Asian imports (minus Japan).

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Are you old enough to remember some of the environmentalist commercial from the period? It set things in motion

edit on 10-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Every single product from China is intended to kill you.

The PLA wants Americans dead....Corporate America/Congress doesn't care because they're making a killing.

Why do you think Obama is giving +1 million foreigners new US Citizenship every year?

There's plenty of suckers around the world to come and and replace you. You didn't think your Government actually CARED about you...do you?? LOL!

You're expendable. China is laughing their rears off. They won.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Funny. You only buy $365 billion a year from China. Europe gobbles more of their goods.

I hope America goes protectionist. Like what Argentina did when it was in the top 5 of the world's richest countries. Or Sri Lanka when it was wealthier than South Korea.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Did you people see this?

Wow. They don't mess around at the negotiating table.

China Threatens Massive Venting of Super Greenhouse Gases in Attempt to Extort Billions as UNFCCC Me

Originally posted by Kovenov

China Threatens Massive Venting of Super Greenhouse Gases in Attempt to Extort Billions as UNFCCC Meeting Approaches

www.prnewswire.com

WASHINGTON, Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In the run-up to the international climate negotiations in Durban later this month, China has responded to efforts to ban the trading of widely discredited HFC-23 offsets by threatening to release huge amounts of the potent industrial chemical into the atmosphere unless other nations pay what amounts to a climate ransom.

China's threat comes after the European Union and other nations moved to ban HFC-23 credits from internal carbon markets in recognition of the perverse incentives created by these credits under the UN Clean Development
(visit the link for the full news article)

From ATS thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

That's good. Carbon credits are a load of crap! Like Climate Change.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Wow, and they do this kind of crap all the time. That doesn't even get into their own massive economic issues and human rights abuses within their own borders. Clearly the only reason we even talk with them is that Corporations found a way to make an absolute killing using Chinese government/citizens to do their dirty work. I'm not all about "Buy American!" I'm all about "Boycott China" though..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

And Amerikans goods aren't? Who invented HCFS, aspartame, canola oil (though it's Canadian, which makes it twice as bad
), countless dangerous drugs, and who put rocket fuel on the ground, prescription drugs on the water supply, and Frankenstein corn?

new topics

top topics

join