It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How my dad is fighting off cancer.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I decided to make this thread in part to offer an answer to this thread; My Dad Has Cancer., and in part to present my views of what happened and how we acted after learning about my dad's cancer.

To begin, my dad was first diagnosed with bladder cancer when he was 40. He had to suffer through many exams and surgeries over the last 25 years because cancer was always coming back. About 10 years ago, he had to have his prostate removed, again because of cancer.

Overall, he always looked young and was in very good shape. He was a trucker, and was doing aerobics for the last 30 years. He ate a lot at restaurants, in the last 15 years, often in the US.

But about 2 years ago, he began to show some form of tiredness and he was short on breath.

Being a tough man, he didn't want to consult any doctors, of course. So, 2 summers ago, he woke up one morning and was feeling very weak. Enough that he got scared and decided to call an ambulance.

He was brought to the hospital, and our journey into weirdness began...

My dad's case was so strange that it will now be part of what doctors working in emergency care have to learn!

First, they had to remove a little over two liters of liquid that was compressing his heart; it was unheard of. He still has heart troubles as it is, but that is another story.

In the liquid, they found free floating cancer cells. Further examination of my dad showed masses in his bones, liver, lungs, he also has a clot in one of his lung, a supposed consequence of his heart compression. Also, a major tumor was found on the upper part of his back, around his spine.

Before continuing with what followed, I want to add what happened to him in the two weeks that preceded his entering the emergency.
As I said, he was tired and short of breath. But he was unable to eat; the 2 liters of liquid preventing food from getting properly to his stomach. So, the little overweight he had melted, as well as his once impressive muscles. In a matter of two weeks he went from an Arnold look to that of a skinny and frail man.

I'm telling you this because while we searched for things to do to help him, we found many things that were surprising in many ways. When you happen to lose weight very rapidly, all the contaminants that your body fat has stored are released, up to the point where your body can no longer manage the elimination of those contaminants. And they form masses elsewhere in the body, leading to other problems, etc.

So, at the time it happened, IgnoranceIsntBliss posted the following thread, which I personally consider a very important piece of information. It is what began our information gathering journey, and we learned many things from it that we now apply to everyone in the family. Cancer is DEAD: Cancer cures from A to Z

Doctors had to remove the tumor on my dad's spine before being able to treat him for everything else. So he had to submit to radiotherapy first. That was a moment I came to realize was kind of miraculous because it allowed us to do something we had not read anywhere else in any literature; purifying the body!!!

I repeat; Purifying the body!!!

Why? There are many reasons why. Let's begin with the following; my dad was doing a lot of exercises, but eating crappy food in crappy restaurants. His diet involved nothing that could detoxify or purify his body of crap he ate, and that his body produced, like after any exercises.

Also, when you receive chemotherapy, you are injected with dangerous, poisonous chemicals. If your body is already filled with harmful chemicals, that are giving you cancer, what will be the true interactions of those new chemicals with the ones already in place?

Exactly. Nothing good. You start not with one, but two strikes against you. So the time needed for his radio therapy treatments, that lasted about 5 weeks were used so he could detoxify and purify his body as much as possible. Restaurants were over, and I personally cooked him his meals for that period of time, to insure he would eat good things. We didn't use any commercial detoxification products. We figured his already overtaxed body didn't need any more concentration of whatever.

He needed to eat good, period.

Once the tumor on his spine was successfully destroyed, he began chemotherapy. By then, he was already feeling stronger, though still weaker compared to his former self.

He explained to us that after receiving chemo treatments, he would basically need to clean everything he touched two times, like his clothes, dishes, toilets and bath... That was to prevent others from being contaminated by the products, but one important thing was missing from the equation, one that is probably deadly to many chemo patients: the bed!!!

As chemo patients receive their treatments, they get weak and will spend a whole lot of time in their bed, sweating deadly chemicals in it... Recontaminating themselves, overall...

We used a mattress protector that he washed twice regularly to help in getting rid of chemicals that would leave his body through sweat.

In our search of information, we also found that those having bladder or prostate cancer were people whose hip region was regularly compressed, like that of a trucker. So to all truckers, get that part of your body moving as much as you can, to help prevent cancer, yea.
_____

What happened next was strange, as if fate was helping my dad.

He began receiving his chemo treatments. After a few weeks, his doctor told him that chemo was ineffective and he was left with only a few weeks to live, at best.

So my dad was left unattended for for about 6 weeks. He used that time to try to be a guinea pig in trials of cancer treatments.

When the hospital where he was receiving chemo learned that, they asked him why, since in his medical file it was written he refused treatments and wished to die!!! His f&*%$g b17$h of a doctor had written that! ( I told my dad he should press charges for murder attempt, but wanted to concentrate on his fighting the cancers. )

The hospital gave him immediately another doctor, and another form of chemo was tried, but my dad was allergic to it, so there was nothing left to do, since the first chemo he had received was not effective.
Nonetheless, the doctors convinced him that trying again the first chemo treatment couldn't hurt since there were no other options.

All that time, he kept on his new dietary menu. He began doing again some aerobics, but now eats antioxidants as much as he can. He gained a little weight and muscle mass.

He recently went to get a scan and what do you know! Masses in his bones have disappeared, masses in his lungs have gone, aside from the remaining clot, and his liver is almost free of the mass that was detected previously...

Is it one of those miracle cases of science? On one hand, treatments were said to be ineffective, but were given in a not "classical" way, time-frame speaking. On the other hand, he changed his food habits, from crap to meals done from raw food, focusing on those reported to help fight his cancers, or cancers in general.

Most of all, he never lost faith he could win this fight.

Don't forget, your body is built with what you give it, and heals with what you give it, and that each case is unique.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
People refuse to realize that eating correctly and forgoing the crap that mainstream america tries to force down our throats helps tremendously in the fight against cancer. You have folks that refuse to change their ways and as a result, they kill themselves.

I'm glad to hear that your father has made an improvement. Good luck!

S&F

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

I keep telling people around me that the best medicine is good food, not supplements!

The other day on television, I heard that we should take less than 15% of daily needs for salt to help remain healthy... I was all WTF??? If you take less than 15% you are very far from the 100% needed daily!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Wow what a story......

tell your father to keep doing what he is doing and to keep eating what he is eating. I hope he gets a clean bill of health.

Please keep us updated!

God bless

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Come to think of it, a very big warm and much appreciated thanks to IgnoranceIsntBliss for the thread mentionned in the OP!

Thank You!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
My prayers to your dad. I wish him a good recovery and that he fights cancer with all his might. Reading your post has made me realize that too many people around me eat nothing but junk food and tend to supply themselves with supplements instead of eating things the old fashion way. Thanks for your inspiring post and I wish your family the strenght for continued support of your dad

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I had a lump in one of my testies, and diet and exercise changes made it disappear

S+F

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

One of my sons is susceptible to developing testies cancer when he is a teenager. I had him in mind when I made the research for my dad! Glad to know you're OK now!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Great story man. Thank for sharing and best of luck to your dad. Keep on the healthy eating and I'm sure he'll do ok.

for ANYBODY that doubts the power of healthy eating, I urge you to watch the wonderful movie Food Matters

It is a documentary that discusses how our bodies have their own repair and prevention mechanisms built-in but because of all the crap we eat - we turn off those abilities. They back up their stories and comments with FACTS and present some mostly unknown information about the Cancer Industry(tm) and how they manipulate statistics and reports to ignore that which can hurt them That being Health

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I will look at it for sure!

I like that part of the summary:

"Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine, And Thy Medicine Be Thy Food." - Hippocrates

I didn't know Hippocrates said that!

But to be fair, the doctors had given my dad a list of things to eat and it was looking like the list in IgnoranceIsntBliss' thread. But the doctors list was shorter.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So how did they find the fluid around his heart? I guess what I'm asking is what test showed it. Also, don't you think it possible the chemo actually did more to kill the cancer than the doctor thought? And what treatments from that other thread did your dad use? Thank you for answering have a relative who's fighting cancer.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Good for him and I hope the best! I had a disease (Ulcerative Colitis) that was being treated by multiple drugs. Changed my diet, eliminated red meat. And now I no longer need the meds an it has been in mostly remission for 1 1/2 years now!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Great Post, I have heard blueberry juice is a good cancer fighter. Do You know of any other foods/drinks that help?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
kewl story bro, that's why i tell people all the time if you get cancer you deserved it.
i changed my diet about a year ago too and always looking to improve it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Incredible NK!! Blessings to your father and family and thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Man, I keep going back and forth with good food and crap food. I exercise obsessively, but as you say, our diet still takes it toll! You have inspired me to make a change friend, and I hope for continued success and progress with your father! Thanks for mention of other threads as well

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
People refuse to realize that eating correctly and forgoing the crap that mainstream america tries to force down our throats helps tremendously in the fight against cancer. You have folks that refuse to change their ways and as a result, they kill themselves.

I'm glad to hear that your father has made an improvement. Good luck!

S&F

This is totally on target, GMO foods cause cancer, organ failure, and sterility.

Most corn syrup has mercury in it.

RBGH in most dairy is linked to cancer.

They have given MSG up to 24 different names so they can hide it in most food,
and of course MSG is linked to several diseases including the Diabetes epidemic.

There are many others, check out Food Inc. and the other film mentioned on pg1 by a poster.

If you can go organic do it soon, if you can not fry your food that helps,
and if you can eat all of most of it cooked at low temp or raw that helps
preserve some of the natural enzymes.

Eating raw organic food has been shown to reverse Diabetes in most ppl.

Watch the show "simply raw - reversing diabetes in 30 days"

edit on 9-11-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A good diet is essential for a healthy body, too many people aren't willing to accept this.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by joe7pack

Hi joe! Sorry to hear you have a relative fighting cancer too.

About my dad's heart, it was beating so fast you could see it punching through his chest. He was also kind of being lifted up in his bed by it. So they did an ultrasound and saw his heart was all compressed out of shape.
They drained him slowly and it kept on pouring and pouring! He was like a living fountain! LOL

As for the other thread, he didn't take any medicine, but concentrated on eating food that was found to help fight a given cancer. In his case, since he had many, and he was used to eating so many crappy meals, it was a big help in rebuilding his strength. He says the chemo wasn't all that bad, in the end.

As for the chemo, he thinks it helped in some way. But what remains sure, and that will not cause you troubles is too have a good diet, going with as much raw food as possible. When I cook in the oven, I rarely go over 175 degrees. Slow cooking is so incredible! Things are more tasty and much more tender!

So we focused on giving him a diet according to what he was fighting and what his body needed at the time.

I will also admit that the show Dr. House helped us understand some things that were happening to him.
Like the fact he was filled with toxins from his rapid loss weight! That prompted us to have him eat tons of detoxifying foods before the chemo. If possible, I would ask the doctor for the possibility of detoxifying BEFORE any treatment is given, as to reduce the quantity of chemicals already present in the body.

Another thing we learned from House is that the history of the patient was important. In my dad's case, bad eating, pelvis constantly compressed due to job, exercising without ever detoxifying, etc. It helped us focus on his needs.

Thanks and good luck!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

My dad suffered from ulcers too for nearly ten years, before finding that drinking 3 times a day of pure Aloes extract was curing him for nearly a year, after taking it for a month. But it always came back because he ate shoots all the time...

There is a spice we have added in just about everything, aside from cereals, and it is rosemary. It is said to help in restoring damaged DNA, which we know leads to proliferation of "mad" cells known as cancer.

I pray you stay well!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

I will encourage you to read IgnoranceIsntBliss' thread linked in the OP.

You will find a ton of information about serious studies on foods' abilities to fight cancers in it. It really helped us focus on some food items, and lead us to others that also contained the molecules the studies found to help in the fight against cancers that he needed.

We changed our eating habits for the better, and the kids didn't complained one bit. It was the contrary actually!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join