It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Poll: 76 percent think economic structure is out of balance"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
These polls have found that a large majority of America is in favor of the general platform of OWS. You can't deny it. That's why it's so popular, despite a small minority yelling as loudly as they can any hate speech they can think of, from "they are rapists, criminals & scum" to "you are all pinko commies". It has also found that a slight majority is in favor of reducing government and not implementing new taxes.

I happen to be generally in favor of both, though if you need to balance the budget, you have to tax the people and corporations that have the money. Also, it has become apparent to me that unlimited capitalism creates feudalism by pushing the wealth gap further and further apart every year. It's in the design of the system if you don't have any boundaries.

Poll Link

Seventy-six percent of respondents to a NBC/Wall Street Journal poll say they agree with a statement that essentially conveys the protesters' platform. Sixty percent say they strongly agree with it. The statement reads: "The current economic structure of the country is out of balance, and favors a very small proportion of the rich over the rest of the country. America needs to reduce the power of major banks and corporations and demand greater accountability and transparency. The government should not provide financial aid to corporations and should not provide tax breaks to the rich."

Maybe we are just the 76% in mindset, even if we are the 99% economically But hey, I'll take that.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
All things I can agree with.

BUT.

What are the solutions? I'll bet you 76% don't think redistribution of wealth is the way to go. I'm guessing 76% don't think expanding the role of government and allowing more power to be co-opted by moneyed interests is the method of solving this problem.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You are making an erroneous conclusion to link they 76% who don't like the economic structure have anything to with the supposed "99%" who are protesting Wall Street.

I would agree the economic structure needs tweaking but it has got zero to do with Wall Street. I also do not condone clashing with police, doing drugs, defecating on things, assaulting other citizens businesses or belongings, etc.

Wall Street does not print money, set policies and regulations, and tax my hard earned income. Elected officials do. I don't care who influences who the buck stops with the elected officials.

join