It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuke dispute: Report raises vocal tsunami

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Iran nuke dispute: Report raises vocal tsunami

rt.com

The UN Atomic Agency unveiled its report that claims Iran has worked on developing a nuclear weapon design. This follows the aggressive rhetoric of politicians, calling on Israeli hotheads to curb their angry approach.

­Russian president Dmitry Medvedev issued a grave warning about the consequences of militaristic rhetoric in the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is it folks, the UN report is out and it confirms everyones worst fears. I'm not looking forward to what is coming next.

Lets see in the coming days in the midst of political and economic turmoil how this turns out. The timeline I have seen for a possible invasion is the next 12 months (after US elections) but maybe this could come quicker.

Seems strange that the Obama and Sarkozy mockery of ISreal has surfaced today?

Coincidence?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
just saw this flaash up on bbc news.........uhhhh oh!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

The IAEA report is unlikely to reveal any firm proof of Iran weaponizing its nuclear program, and circumstantial evidence is unreliable, says foreign affairs analyst Richard Heydarian. “The problem with the IAEA report is that it relies heavily on satellite images and data provided by Western intelligence agencies… The case of the Syrian Al-Hasakah Spinning Factory has proved that actually you cannot really rely on satellite images. There is huge room for error,” he told RT.

from your source.

Exactly. the same type of "smoking gun" evidence that helped the US find those Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, "cooked" up by the same people.

Oh wait.....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

They probably just staged the open mic criticism of Netanyahu so that when Iran retaliates, they can try to convince more people that they were attacked first. Even with Neutron Bombs, an attack on Iran is still a big deal. An invasion would be brutal, and the only edge we'd have on their home turf are unconventional weapons.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Former CIA officerPhilip Giraldi, told RT it is the US and Israel that are trying to turn up the heat upon Iran.

“I would be very skeptical about this report that’s coming out from the IAEA, because they don’t really have any intelligence capabilities of their own, so they are relying on reports that are coming from other people,” he said. “I would rather suspect those reports are coming from the US and Israel. It is an endless cycle of trying to prove the unprovable,” he added.

At least RT say it how it is.

Speculation over a possible attack on Iranian nuclear facilities came ahead of the key UN atomic watchdog report, which was released late on Tuesday. Information leaked to the media indicated the IAEA report would provide circumstantial evidence that Tehran has built a testing facility and computer models of warheads.

So the US more than likely sponsored the report.... and computer models were found? Any cahnce these could have been palnted as part of the STUXNET attack?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is just the 'excuse' israel wants.
Invasion next week me thinks not next year.

WW3 on its way.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just saw this. The US does not want any part of this fight:

"US will not go after oil, gas, Central Bank of Iran for now; Russia says release of IAEA report hurts chances of diplomatic solution for Iran."

Israel wanted the US to target Iran's central bank as well as a naval blockade for oil exports. Not gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"The UN Atomic Agency unveiled its report that claims Iran has worked on developing a nuclear weapon"

Sounds past tense to me. I think this might just be some wordplay referring to the 2001-2003 research Iran did
and then abandoned.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My attitude to this , is that unless the report includes eyes on reports from an in and out deep cover agent, with photographic evidence, verified by scientists , independant of political spin or duress, then this report isnt worth the newspaper its printed in,or the bandwidth its been sent on.

The fact of the matter is this:

The west, in general, has been in its recent past, embroiled in wars it should NOT have been fighting, has been accused (fairly in some circumstances) of being none to careful about its methods, or about the way it presents itself to its so called enemies, or the residents of nations in which it has operated in military terms.

Therefore, there must be no repeat of entry into a nation under the same or similar pretexts to the ones that came about to allow access to Iraq. There must be no repeat of the abuses that occured there, if military action is deemed to be the only option that can deal with this situation.

And most importantly, IF military action occurs, it must not be from the direction of Israel, because just the same as if Iran attacked Israel, no one can prove beyond doubt that Israel's motives for action are purely defensive.

Further more, I sincerely doubt that Iran could organise a nuke strike, on any nation, without MTHEL tech being used to burn that bad boy out of the sky, probably before it even gets out of Iranian airspace. There are too many ways to counter a nuclear threat nowadays , to allow an invasion or intervention, and I would not support any action which involved an occupation based on what is probably a hideously propegandist document, such as a report of this nature.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The trouble is there is not a damn thing we can do to stop our warmongering leaders from unleashing hell upon us all. The vast majority of sane people are completely against what they are doing, they simply ignore protests and it is us who ultimately pay for their evils while they reap the spoils.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

That is why we must do our best to ensure that the wages of sin are reaped by those who have sown it. Do not allow yourself to be saddled by the fallout (ahem) of any action. Publically seperate yourself from the actions of your government, as I will be from mine, should they become involved.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wonder how much amerika and israel paid in bribe money for that piece of fiction writing...

And now the bastards will go commit more mass-murder and crimes against humanity based on yet more lies and misinformation..

Disgusting... No further comment as words cant describe how loathsome the actions of the western 'leaders' are.. Lower than beasts.. Enjoy your fastride to hell on earth that the psychotic bastards in amerika and israel are about to unleash .. Now all you warmongers can go have a good wank while millions more are slaughtered .. Fools and idiots wont be happy till theyve destroyed the world with their madness.. I weep for the world and the innocents about to be murdered in cold blood by the bastards..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore

This is it folks, the UN report is out and it confirms everyones worst fears. I'm not looking forward to what is coming next.

Lets see in the coming days in the midst of political and economic turmoil how this turns out. The timeline I have seen for a possible invasion is the next 12 months (after US elections) but maybe this could /

Maybe the commemts of obama and Sarkozy were not accidental. Just a clever way of letting israel know what they think. When israel decides to attack (note the use of when not if) it allows US/NATO to distance themselves from Israel. Then Team America goes in to mop up the mess, depose the Iranian government take the oil amd its back home fpr coffee and medals. Just sayin!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The thing is... iran already has nukes... come on think about it... what they now want is nuke power and you cant get that without the support of a few countrys on side...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Still wonder why Iran is hiding its r&d deep underground.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why are people talking about an invasion
There will absolutely, 100%, NOT be an invasion of Iran. Bombs yes, troops on the ground? Not a chance.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
really, the more I discover about Israel, its not the fair haired boy. It can huff and puff all it wants to but It wont do doodly squat. I say let Iran make bombs. They just want to play Gangsta like the rest of them. Let them. US is 45 days or so away from freeing up troops, Israel will just huff and puff. Iran has allies and Israel knows it so its a stalemate. I'm not loosing sleep over this issue anymore. Better sooner worry about the sleeping Giant of China who hasn't been sleeping at all. Jump on youtube or look at this. Them boys are serious

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's a simple question.... Will Israel allow the world to accept a nuclear Iran?

Pakistan actually is the current top dog in nuclear weapons production, and a much greater threat to the west, they have given technology and assistance to BOTH Iran and North Korea in their nuclear weapons programs, and yet no one has even bothered with sanctions, or threats of military strikes.... The ISI and key members of the Pakistani military have been aiding these very "enemies" and terrorists all along, and are providing safe-haven to them, along with intelligence to assist the Taliban in fighting U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan.... These guys have already made a heck of a lot of nukes, how do you know they haven't already given some to terrorists or assisted them in either making them or dirty bombs and they have been smuggled into the USA via the Mexican border, LONG ago, and are here to retaliate if Iran is attacked?

Bush's axis of evil has been willed into existence while the wrong wars have been fought.

Ultimately Israel will decide the fate of all involved here, or help the world to decide to join them or not.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

While Russia certainly has the right to criticise US / West foreign policy, people need to be aware that Russia was providing technical expertise for the Iranian nuclear reactor. That in and of itself is valid and legal, unless information regarding weapons technology was included, which is a distinct possibility.

China is peeved about the report because it includes information that China ignored the UN embargo on Iran for weapons and ballistic missile technology.

So in short, there are alterior reasons behind Russia and Chinas response to this report.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join