It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese/Communist troops in Mexico?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I was recently trying to lookup the Chinese troops that fought for the Germans in WW1 particularly during the Siege of Tsingtao. (first use of aircraft carriers in the world were used by the Japanese there). Anyways as soon as I typed "Chinese soldiers in" on google the first hit I got an auto response to was "Chinese soldiers in Mexico". Apparently this rumor was floating around in the late nineties on the web and there were many crazy stories but some critics now claim that it was a hoax. I wanted to see what you guys might have known about this especially the older members. Anyways here's a link to a few stories. -answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
With all of the violence that is going on there, I couldn't imagine that even the Chinese would send troops there. Unless they are working for the cartels, lol. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me, as nothing much does on the world stage these days, but I do consider it highly improbable.

But jumping up as a top result like that does backup the claim that apparently this has been on the minds of a lot of people...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Thanks for adding more to the (intentional) seeding of the idea of Mexico as the land of evil that the usa has to invade. Only usa people buy that crap.
Mexico is a free and sovereign country, no foreign troops are allowed.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Chinese troops in Mexico.....wouldn't news of that have reached the MSM?

Here is an article I found: www.drleonardcoldwell.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Silly rumors doesn´t need to be true to form an opinion. And in this case, the opinion that some want to be formed is that Mexico is an evil place. Chaos, war in the streets, murder at every corner, those are higly exagerated rumors about the real situation. Chinese troops, Al quaeda working with cartels, those are the most recent ones.
It turn the usa people´s opinion into a bad one about Mexico, and make it more acceptable an intervention. Just like happened with middle east.
Gets me very angry.
Mexicoa have problems and violence, but not as portrayed in usa media. Mexico is a country of fine, decent, hard working people, who live in peace, with some acts of violence perpetrated by a few outlaws, whose guns happens to be provided by CIA (fast and furious?).
Don´t believe everything you hear-read.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

You are either ignorant, or deliberately trying to spread lies. Why you would want to spread lies regarding how dangerous Mexico is, I have no idea whatsoever.

Some of my very best friends are green card-carrying Mexicans from Mexico (and yes, I get invited over for homemade Mexican food every weekend, YUM!). They used to go home every year to visit family, they have not gone down there for almost 5 years because of the violence. Let me say that again- because of the violence.

One thing I always have to bring up regarding this topic. If Mexico had a Second Amendment, this would not be an issue. An armed society is a polite society.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Neither ignorant, or trying to spread lies. I LIVE IN MEXICO. Violence exists, haven´t denied it, but not at such scale. Cities in the border are the most violent (funny eh?, the closest to usa) and certainly have issues, but Mexico is much bigger than that.
Murder and crime rates in many usa cities are not much different.Only the reasons (and some ways) of the crime are different.
You should visit a real mexican city and stop believing everything you heard-read. Bet your friends lived at one of the northern cities.
I live in Yucatan, and it is paradise. You are welcome to visit!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastercanto
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Neither ignorant, or trying to spread lies. I LIVE IN MEXICO. Violence exists, haven´t denied it, but not at such scale. Cities in the border are the most violent (funny eh?, the closest to usa) and certainly have issues, but Mexico is much bigger than that.
Murder and crime rates in many usa cities are not much different.Only the reasons (and some ways) of the crime are different.
You should visit a real mexican city and stop believing everything you heard-read. Bet your friends lived at one of the northern cities.
I live in Yucatan, and it is paradise. You are welcome to visit!

I have thought about this since yeasterday and I don't know what to say. My friend's family actually comes from central Mexico. Maybe you don't get the same news we get, but you obviously have internet so you aren't stuck with what is fed to you. My understanding is that virtually every part of Mexico is run by different cartels, not just the border cities.

Here is a link to a map that shows what areas are controlled by whom. If this is inaccurate, please feel free to correct the information.

Cartel map

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well I just wanted to bring awareness of this topic as it kinda surprised me. I'm partly hispanic and maybe I should thank God that my ancestors landed at San Antonio around 1830-40 instead of a little farther south lol. I'm not a racist American it just surprised me when I heard these rumors and I wanted to know if they were validated or not. Anybody else have any further opinions?

top topics

join