It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel army, intel websites down after hacker threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Israel army, intel websites down after hacker threat

www.physorg.com

The websites of the Israel Defence Forces, Shin Bet domestic intelligence agency and the Mossad spy agency were all down.

"We can confirm that the website has been down for several hours and an investigation is ongoing," a spokeswoman for Shin Bet told AFP.

The Israeli army also confirmed the IDF site had been down for several hours, but said there was no information on why.

"Initial investigations conducted by Tehila, the Internet company, indicate problems with the website servers," an IDF spokeswoman told AFP.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So, s couple of days after Anonymous have a verbal dig at Israel over the latest attempt by two Irish/Canadian boats to break the naval blockade of Gaza both Shin Bet and Mossad sites crash.

This could be total coincidence of course. No reason is being given for the problems nor would they I suspect if it has been an attack on both sites. Very interesting timing none the less.

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/11/11 by JohnGeeTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Very dangerous timing if Anonymous or another outside 'hacktivist' group did it. If no one had noticed, Israel and Iran at the very least are about at that point Kennedy and Khrushchev were at over the Cuban Missile Crisis. It may be unavoidable in the end between those two, but I sure hope outsiders with terminally bad timing don't cause an over-reaction or miscalculation which starts the war.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
these are the public sites for some organisations that people hate so its hardly suprising that that someones gone and made a mess of them and i wouldnt be suprised if they aint as secure as they could be to trap people

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, its getting clearer and clearer every day how We the PEOPLE of the world are a force not to mess with!!!

Wow.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If anon had anything to do with this, it is even more proof that they are reckless and are out only for their own glory.......

Doing something like this right now could set off a powder keg

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I like Anonymous, but taking down those websites is like throwing paint on a shop window. You're not taking down the store, you're vandalising something minor in a place where people can see it (Assuming it was Anon, of course).

I get there isn't much they can do, and maybe it'll encourage people to be more active, but in the end, what have they really done today? Nothing. Except maybe made the IDF and Mossad probably come after them.
edit on 6/11/11 by Vinterskogen because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/11 by Vinterskogen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Like throwing stones at a tank....if this is true and it was Anon, someone seriously needs to step forward and lead that group. Though I do understand the whole "anon is everyone, everyone is anon" , things like this truly show how impotent they are in matters of global importance.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I am aware anon also obtains information from websites it takes down and spreads that information. I am curious on what was obtained from the website, (all state secrets) or something, to share with the rest of us online.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good may they stay down forever.. Doubt very much that it was anon all they do is talk... still waiting to see them actually do something ...

At least for a time part of the israeli propaganda machine is broken..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
If anon had anything to do with this, it is even more proof that they are reckless and are out only for their own glory.......

Reckless? It's not like they sent in a fleet of predator drones, or threatened nuclear war.. Those things are reckless. Maybe people shouldn't be so frightened to speak out about the REAL recklessness? The real violent threat, the real cause of fear and hopelessness.

They shut down some websites while Israel plans on vaporizing a bunch of innocent people and Iran plans on sending whatever it can back at them. Two completely insane minority of ruthless, sick and evil people threatening and planning the deaths of a bunch of people.

I say: I DEMAND PEACE NOW! Good people of Iran, Israel, China, Russia, Libya, Iraq, United States and the whole world, we stand in solidarity with you! DEMAND PEACE!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm sure they will just end up blaming it on Iran

second

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Does that make Israel Russia in that analogy, since they are the ones threatening?
edit on 6-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Reckless? It's not like they sent in a fleet of predator drones, or threatened nuclear war.. Those things are reckless. Maybe people shouldn't be so frightened to speak out about the REAL recklessness? The real violent threat, the real cause of fear and hopelessness.

They shut down some websites while Israel plans on vaporizing a bunch of innocent people and Iran plans on sending whatever it can back at them. Two completely insane minority of ruthless, sick and evil people threatening and planning the deaths of a bunch of people.

I say: I DEMAND PEACE NOW! Good people of Iran, Israel, China, Russia, Libya, Iraq, United States and the whole world, we stand in solidarity with you! DEMAND PEACE!

"its not like they..."

That statement alone shows how ignorant you are to the situations and what could be the "trigger" to someone taking action.......

That thought process alone is indicative of people who dont think ahead, and dont think about the consequences of their actions........

You can demand all you want, but you do something STUPID and you light the fuse on fire and the blood of multitudes is on your hands..........

Anon doesnt think, they are in it for the "lulz" and for the glory..........

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnGeeTee

It was no big deal, they were only able to access the external pages.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Guys Relax, all they did is take down their public websites. So people could not log onto their dot com sites for a few hours. big deal...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Any action against those warmongering idiots is fine by me. Israel needs to stop acting like the spoiled child it is and play nicely *for once*. They need a serious time out, a nap, and if they don't shape up, a good paddling would go a long way.

I, for one, do not want to see yet another war *anywhere or for any reason*. Israel is the worst reason of all, unless the missiles are trained on them, of course....

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Any action against those warmongering idiots is fine by me.

. . .

I, for one, do not want to see yet another war *anywhere or for any reason*.

. . .

Israel is the worst reason of all, unless the missiles are trained on them, of course....

So what is it?

Any action is fine.

War is in action, but you approve.

You don't want war, unless it is everyone against Israel.

So which is it?

You do realize that your last comment in that quote makes you just as bad as you claim them to be.

Pot, meet kettle.
edit on 11/6/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yep, and I'm happy to be that kettle, thanks. Israel is a thorn. They need to be taken down. It doesn't have to be war but Israel loves a war so maybe that would keep them entertained while they consider their ill behavior.

They remind me in no small way of a kid in the grocery store who just won't stop crying and whining. The Middle Eastern countries are like a nearby stranger who cannot say anything to the Brat for fear of meeting the wrath of its mother, the US/UK (and strangely, Canada) who is doing nothing to control said Brat but instead indulging it and giving it whatever it wants. This will never help the Brat nor will it help anyone else. The Brat needs to learn some gratitude and a whole lot of self-discipline.

Why is it okay for Israel to have nukes and wave them around but it's not okay for others to maintain similar defenses? What's good for the proverbial goose must also be good for the gander, n'est-ce pas?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

So much for the high road, eh. So how does it feel to become just like those you despise so much?

As far as I know, Israel has not made statements about wiping a certain country off the map, or aligned themselves with groups who state that they wish to drive a certain population into the sea.

Is Israel perfect? Hell no.

Is Iran perfect? Hell no.

You want to trust a group of people that kill each other off many times more than anyone else kills them, with a nuclear weapon, have at it. Just pointing out the ridiculousness of your statements.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join