It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hiding in Russian Embassy?

page: 1

join
share:
AF1

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Click Here

Lebanese House Speaker Nabih Berri wondered why the Russian ambassador to Iraq, Vladimir Titarenko, returned to Baghdad only few days after he left the country.

Berri said there might have been a deal to move Saddam to Moscow and maybe the Iraqi leader is already hiding in the Russian Embassy in Baghdad. Russia has denied that report. A Russian diplomatic source told the Interfax news agency, "This is complete and utter nonsense."

Al-Jazeera was also reporting this, but their site is down right now so I couldn't get a link off of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
wants the burden of harboring Saddam....

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Lets all say it together... P R O P A G A N D A

Doh!

Anyone besides me remeber when journalists had say 12 hrs to evac the war zone becuase death was soon to follow. Now they recieve quiky training which consits mostly of running so they can break in their pretty lil soft feet. BS believe what you want but the truth still stands. Propaganda is a very effective tactic.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I can still imagine there is still animosity behind the scenes between the US and Russia but I can't imagine them wanting to save Saddam from impending death. It would coz WWIII.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The Russians aren't stupid.
They know that if the Iraqi people thought Saddam was in the embassy, they would storm it and kill everyone in there. Let alone the repurcussions around the world.
They wouldn't dare take that risk.

new topics

top topics

join