It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Boston Occupies Israeli Consulate After Flotilla Is Stopped

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Really? You're 100% sure about that?

occupywallst.org

To help expose the looming cash-for-immunity deal between the Obama administration and big banks, there will be a march from Liberty Square to the U.S. Court House Building at Foley Square on November 5th.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1

Really? You're 100% sure about that?

occupywallst.org

To help expose the looming cash-for-immunity deal between the Obama administration and big banks, there will be a march from Liberty Square to the U.S. Court House Building at Foley Square on November 5th.

They will probably respond with accusations of Anti-Semitism or Neo-Nazism

Thanks for providing that source though. It throws his/her argument out the window.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by sonnny1

You're the one who mentioned Obama not me. I'm puzzled as to what your point is.

I don't agree with most of the values Neo-Nazism possess but if they wanted to join OWS I can't stop them. Once again I fail to understand your point

Seemed like an off topic rant to me.

I can’t speak for sonny1 but I’ll answer your question. The point is that OWS will accept any dirty, filthy, anti-American group it can get. I have to revise my position that OWS stands for nothing; OWS stands for everything!! They are blinded by their pursuit! OWS is a ragtag group of people with so many complaints that they CAN’T form a message!! There isn’t enough paper in the world!! They just resort back to “we stand for injustice”.

Pathetic….really!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

“President Obama and the attorneys general have a choice: do they stand with Wall Street, or do they stand with the 99%?” he said.

So your with us against us mentality again?

Come on now,he would sell his children,to have more votes.........

How about asking him for his RESIGNATION.

See his approval rating and congress? Do the right thing OWS,and ask for their resignations.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Would you rather Obama stand with Wall St?
Ask for resignations and then what? Who gets the offices?
edit on 6-11-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

The Vice President replaces the President in such a circumstance, which anyone who knows the Constitution understands.

In terms of Congress, if each and every member of the House and Senate were to resign, a special election would have to take place in each state to replace them, and there would certainly be a period time of when Congress would not be legislating. That would be nice for a change, to not have to deal with even more complex and unfathomable legislation. Sigh. Oh well, a man can dream.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

You folks want a Fox in the Hen House! ..........

Obama has already stated he "sympathizes".......

Imagine getting rid of all those who have voted for EVERY bailout,EVERY piece of legislation that has hurt America ?

Republicans and Democrats

OWS thinks too small ...................................

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
what they should have done is completely surrounded the consulate and prevented any staff from leaving the building, when they all start to starve and they try to bring in aid to the staff, to simply prevent it, maybe when they realise what its like to live in gaza they may change there tune.

But why not instead invade jewish quarters and prevent them from visiting there supermarkets LOL, stop buying from jewish shops etc, its only the same just the other side of the coin.

Well isn't that cute!

the little unarmed "protestors" want to engage in siege warfare in my country!

They're so cute when they throw a snit like that!

Tell ya what, you wanna go to war, take a gun. If you don't wanna go to war, try to avoid laying sieges.

There really AIN'T no middle ground!

You're either declaring war or you're not. Act accordingly with that decision, whichever way you decide to take it.

edit on 2011/11/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I understand that quite well, my point is that it won't change anything. It wasn't a literal question.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I understand that quite well, my point is that it won't change anything. It wasn't a literal question.

Strange you couldn't make that point instead of asking rhetorical questions that appear to be founded in ignorance. To each their own.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Hold the Phone!
HOLD THE PHONE!

You wanted to know what would happen if they removed the leadership. Yet you'll blindly follow a group with no direction. No real content nor real Agenda. Making excuses as they fumble about.

Now where is the logic in that pray tell?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Only when it serves OWS's needs,not America,right ? OWS needs Obama and Congress,right? They are NOT part of the problem,right ?

Pathetic........

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

These people chose to protest against something they believe in. Even if they were pretty much wasting their time with zero effect, it is a start. I know many of you are really against this movement for many reasons. I even have various things I do not like about the movement. This is not your normal movement though that you can just slap a label on.

And just what do the protestors believe in? Apparently the protestors themselves dont know what they are protesting for. If they did they would realize that the Israeli consulate has nothing to do with capitalism. Also for what its worth you and some others really need to get off this kick where you just assume any person who questions their actions are against the movement. I have no issues with the people protesting in a non violent manner, I have no issues with them demanding accountability for the government as well as businesses.

What I take exception to are the people who are hijacking the mvement in order to push alternate agenda. The very same people who attack the US for involving themseleves in other parets of the world while at the same time those very same people do the same thing.

Sounds to me like they dont have a clue as to what they are protesting.

Yeah I know press TV is the mouthpiece of Iran but the same can be said about any American or UK network for their respective countries. All media outlets serve a purpose.

Not really.. Western media, while running ther agendas, are able to openly criticise and challenge the government as well as courts. They can freely express their opinions without fear of the state arresting them for crimes against the state.

PressTV does not have that luxury. They are told what to report, and do so without question or concern.

PressTV is propoganda, not news media.
Westerm media pushes an agenda, however it is allowed to report on whatever it wants, to challenge what they are told as well as the ability to challenge each others companies.

REgardless if how people try to spin it, western media is more reliable that PressTV.

People are quick to criticize the protesters and forget what the protesters are protesting about. Some of you may not agree, but the system is broken and corrupt in every possible way. I do admit that I am scared of what may happen if we changed the system but to only have it backfire and end up being worse off than we started. I know that is a good possibility if this movement succeeds.

I agrre, however seizing the Israeli embassy does what to help with the issues here at home? Again, to proclaim the Us needs to worry about issues at home and to stay out of the middle east and other countries issues, only to ignore their own advice by seizing the Israeli embassy.

To me it looks less like an orghanized strategy and more like a scene that should have the theme music to Benny Hill blaring in the background.

I'm baffled how you came to this conclusion though...

Im baffeled how you havent come to the same conclusions with the ifnormation present and the actions of the protestors.

They have managed to bring Neo Nazis, the Communist party and the Theocracy of Iran all under the same banner, except with the latest move it looks like they are tryin to gain the votes of Hamas, Hezzbullah, Syria and every other 4th rate 2 bit dictator whose idea of freedom comes from Sharia law and the oression of basic human rights justified by a perverted interpretation of Islam that no one has the balls to challenge for fear of being killed by the zealots.

I respect the right for people to protest and disagree. I dont support their actions when it results in rioting and law violations. I support their right to protest and challenge US foreign policy in the Middle East. I dont support their actions to seize the Israeli consulate and take hostages, which by the way when you refuse to allow people to leave, they are hostages / kidnapping victems.

I respect their rights to protest and challenge US law. I dont support their dismissal of those laws based soely on the fact it doesnt agree with their moral views.

I just wish the protestors would extend the same courtesy and respect the rights of the people who dont agree with them.

I wont be holding my breath since those protestors dont seem to give a damn about anyone but themselves and whats in it for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought
reply to post by SLAYER69

Some of you ATS'ers reall enjoy your enslavement a bit too much. It's obvious some of you are scared of some much needed change. Not everyone finds fulfillment in being corporate slaves and much more.

Wouldn't want to wake all of you up from that comfy nap of yours.

Yeah,

Some evidently find "fulfillment" aimlessly wandering about without direction, beating drums, yelling at buildings, and whining about "corporate slavery" as if such a thing actually exists, thinking that aimless activity is going to "change the world".

Not real clear on what a "slave" is, are you?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The book by Tom Clancy - Executive Orders, covers the what would happen if the government were completely gutted, including the loss of the surpeme court and both houses of Congress. Based on the book information and my own research I think Tom Clancy nailed it quite well.

The PResident would essentially run the country by appointing acting heads and executive orders until such time the States can hold special elections to reconstitute Congress.

However its problematic when people dont know the basics of how their government works, namely the 25th as you point out al,ong with the COG plans in place.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Look, Obama was a community organizer. He is well versed in the street-level activity that’s going on today. As a matter of fact, he follows the same Saul Alinsky, Maxist playbook. Do you REALLY think it’s a coincidence that the same radical groups that supported Obama in 2008 are now backing OWS?? ACORN, MoveOn.org, Media Matters, the ENTIRE “mainstream media”, etc….

You’ll find out WHO will replace him in 1 year. Anybody would be better, and I can assure you that whoever it is won’t support OWS!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Sounds to me like they dont have a clue as to what they are protesting.

I dunno... they seem to know what they are protesting at that particular instant. They just seem to have a really, really short attention span... i.e. "oh! Lookey over there! Another cause! lets go protest that, and leave this one hanging!"

OWS is probably the best justification for forced ADD drugging in schools I've ever witnessed!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by SLAYER69

By all means, let them stop someone from leaving or going free.
It is called unlawful imprisonment, or kidnapping.
That would be fun to watch. OWS'ers hauled away on charges against foreign dignitaries.

OWS shows more of it's true colors every day.

Wait! Didn't we just have an Iranian hauled up on charges against a foreign dignitary? Someone wake Rahm Emmanuel up - he's letting a perfectly good crisis go to waste!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You are either with us or against us

GWB

OWS

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Could you possibly embrace ignorance any harder? You claimed that Occupiers would never protest Obama, I proved you wrong. It is rare to find a politician that can't be bought off these days, so what good will demanding resignations do at this point in time. We need to find the right people to vote into those offices and I personally do not care what their political leanings are if they do the will of the people and not the will of whoever donates the most money.

To the previous 3 posters that have jumped all over me...you're so hell-bent on demonizing Occupy and anyone that supports it but, have you even asked yourselves why it is so important to demonize it? If you honestly feel that the rhetoric is true, that Occupiers are nothing but spoiled children crying for hand-outs, why is so much attention being thrown at it? You don't pay attention to a spoiled child having a tantrum you ignore them and go about your business. So why, especially from the media aspect, is this movement so worth attention and so worthy of slander and attempts of diminshment?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join