It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Contrails?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Contrails are not chemtrails, contrails are condensed-air, they are the ones emitted by airplanes when the exhaust warms up the cooler air

Chemtrails are the, supposed, persistent ones.

The reason your not seeing CONTRAILS is maybe the planes are flying at a lower altitude, or the air isn't cold enough

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Contrails are condensed and frozen water vapor. It's usually not because it isn't cold enough (it's always cold enough at some altitude), it's because the air is too dry (low humidity) at the altitudes where the planes are flying.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
With regard as to why a contrail may persist and be mistaken as a Chemtrail and the link to relative humidity, it may help to think of something like mopping up a liquid spill in your kitchen, with a dry paper towel you can get it all in one go and leave a dry surface, with a damp towel you will leave moisture behind because the paper towel it at is absorbant capacity.

Likewise in drier air, even at the required temp of less than -35 c the contrail will vanish quite quickly, in damper air the trail may have nowhere to go so it sits where it is.

This is why the assumption that a lingering trail cannot be a contrail is wrong.

Sometimes I'm not very good at drawing parallels, apologies if this is one of those times

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yes.....

....fact about Contrails, can be used as a meteorlogical tool.

....not only that, but other cloud observations as well. There are videos that describe this concept:

And, this is a bit boring, by this boater...but informative:

edit on Sun 6 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Soooo....temperature + relative humidity = contrails = rain the next day. Who knew?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Contrails are an indicator of the weather....just one of many harbinger signs.

But, as everyone knows, weather prediction (forecasting) is still not an exact science. Never has been, but with every day, more and more data is collected, and studied. At this point, we have a great number of tools, from technology, that assist. But, weather is extremely fickle, and chaotic, and prone to minor perturbations continually......perturbations that can't always be recognized immediately, actively in real-time.

Some may wish to see it from a philosophical standpoint, if one wished.....since, it is very complex, and beyond the grasp of any one person to grasp fully. It's like being able to know every ocean current, and the direction and height of every ocean wave, and predicting them perfectly each time.

So, in a general sense, the most basic fundamentals of weather, and its interactions, are understood.

THAT is the science, and that is what so many today (sadly, more and more it seems) have difficulty understanding.

Basic science.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Thennnnn....weather is fickle and we must approach it philosophically using basic science. You, then I take it, wannabe a harbinger (toot toot) for this basic science. There are tools, a lot of them, but it is really beyond the grasp of any one person (except you of course!). But generally it is understood. But sadly, only you understand it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

But sadly, only you understand it.

No, of course not....stop being silly.

Millions and millions of other people understand this, it's not difficult to learn the basics. Only a handful seem to remain in abject paranoia mode of thinking, for a reason I cannot grasp.

Chaotic Human mind, unfathomable......

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

But sadly, only you understand it.

No, of course not....stop being silly.

Millions and millions of other people understand this, it's not difficult to learn the basics. Only a handful seem to remain in abject paranoia mode of thinking, for a reason I cannot grasp.

Chaotic Human mind, unfathomable......

What exactly is chaotic about the OP observation? OP observed no contrails. Autumn is here...getting on to winter. You all have said many many times that this is contrail season. Where are they then? You all continued to put your foot into the hive mouth and said that contrails = rain the next day. Two lies. One thread. Only the 2nd page. Basic science begins with observation. You all seem to have left that step out. Do you want to explain those two items or do you want to talk about philosophy?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Doe it rain every day in the rainy season? No. So there's no reason for it to contrail every day in the contrail season.

The seasonality also varies, in some places you get rain year round, and contrails year round. But it does not rain every day, not does it contrail every day.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Doe it rain every day in the rainy season? No. So there's no reason for it to contrail every day in the contrail season.

The seasonality also varies, in some places you get rain year round, and contrails year round. But it does not rain every day, not does it contrail every day.

Soooo....you're saying that what you all said before isn't true. I hope this means I and others won't have to be hearing that explanation again and we'll be able to refer back to this thread to show that contrails know no season and that it doesn't rain the day after contrails. Lets be factual. Let's base our statements on actual observations and not fantasies. Let's also not state that fantasy theories have something to do with 'basic science.' Let's stick to science, which begins with observation, when making claims.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That is just absurdly pedantic, and I think you are intelligent enough to know it.

Because, you are not a child who, when it is revealed that Santa Claus is only a myth and hoax that is told by "the adults" to make their young lives blissful and full of wonder, then covers his or her ears and shouts "No! No! No!" to drown out the inconvenient facts.

Intelligent adults can incorporate learning and education and then evaluate more rationally than a child.

But, there is still the Human propensity to wish to "believe" in fantasy.....thus, stories like "Peter Pan" and "Alice in Wonderland" ...( to name just two) continue to enthrall children, and adults, alike.

edit on Mon 7 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I don't mind listening to you talk about yourself. Still...I think that others and me deserve an explanation. Why the fantasy theories about contrails and persistent contrails? The OP posed a question. It wasn't philosophical. It was based on an observation that seemed to fly in the face of what you all had been suggesting. Frankly, it makes the rest of what you've said suspect. IMHO you've taken it beyond circular and reached a dead end. What now?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Soooo....you're saying that what you all said before isn't true.

Everything I've said is true. There is a contrail season. It's more pronounced in some places. It does not contrail every day during the contrail seasons. It is not clear every day the rest of the year. It resembles the rainy season.

I'm sorry that was not clear before, but where can you point to where I've said anything that contradicts this?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Everything I've said is true. There is a contrail season. It's more pronounced in some places. It does not contrail every day during the contrail seasons. It is not clear every day the rest of the year. It resembles the rainy season.

I'm sorry that was not clear before, but where can you point to where I've said anything that contradicts this?

So pretty much like every other season. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Just another theory based on nothing. Really no theory at all. Just a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

????

Why the fantasy theories about contrails and persistent contrails?

They aren't "fantasies". "Chem"trails are fantasy.

The OP posed a question.

The OP "posed" a rhetorical "question" that on its face appears to be mocking and derisive. It seems pretty obvious, on its surface.

Despite the pages and pages of explanations here on ATS alone.....not to mention the reams of data and resources on the Internet, or in your local library....the "question" ignored all of that (apparently) in order to be merely argumentative and specious.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Not necessarily, after yesterday's clear skies and no trails here in South Yorkshire it's pissed it down all day today

Given the number of chemmies who ascertain that cold and rain follows spraying and so that proves chemtrails exist, I hereby claim my right to play the same game and claim that because there were no long persistent trails before our weather changed this proves that chemtrails are nonsense.

edit on 7-11-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A good start to the thread
It occurred to me yesterday that it was nice this time of year to see clear skies and no obvious aircraft flying over (though I saw a few short lived contrails) - all due, as those of us interested in the subject know, to the atmospheric conditions higher up.

Shame the thread has degenerated after the OP had his question answered into the usual nonsense

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So pretty much like every other season. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Just another theory based on nothing. Really no theory at all. Just a waste of time.

Is it really all that hard to understand how colder air makes contrails more likely?

I think when you look back at those in the classroom as a kid that stuck pencils in their nose, or that never paid attention in class, they went onto be chemtrailers.

I hear snow in my yard is more likely in winter, but nawww apparently thats just a theory too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join