It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians See Weird Things in Their New Dollar Bills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Though I have to agree this focus group did make Canadians look a little silly, Americans have no room to poke fun at Canadian intelligence. There is stuff all over the internet about images in American money too. A lot of Americans grow up believing Canadians still all live in igloos. I met an American from RI & he thought my home Province was a country of its own.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

First off, they must have politicians for the focus group because they have absolutely retarded interpretations. On the more major issue, this seems like a plan to reassure the general population (a term used in prisons) that money in the form of "cash" will still be available 20 years from now. I have had an increasingly inordinate number of web site hits using the search terms, amero, amero currency, cashless currency, electronic money, etc. on my web site (and it's only briefly mentioned). Funny thing, most of the hits/views are coming from the US.

What better way to divert an already apprehensive populace than to make longer lasting cash and at the same time legitimize spending money on money, when we have no money to spend.

Two other things come to mind on these new bills, plastic would be a more durable and waterproof transport mechanism for RFIDs and other insertable antenna array devices making you easier to track. The other thing is that it's plastic, if you coat the plastic in very fine powdered metal (so you can still see through it) you get an air gap or plastic layer capacitor using multiple bills with a tuneable Q based on the resonant frequency of the capacitor. Using a low power, medium range frequency exciter, the government (or anyone) could turn a few bills or stacks of bills into a weapon. An EMP wave of the right frequency and duration could probably vaporize money in that situation. Talk about money burning a hole in your pocket, eh?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/6.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Even when we're told what to look for, I can't see those things

What type of altered state/condition were these focus groups in?

Nope, looked again. I still can't see these things...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drolkrad
I am still waiting for those Canucks to put Don Cherry and Hockey Sticks on their money.

No Don Cherry but that would be the back of the $5 bill:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I'll bite...

It's not hard to see really, but you might have to prep yourself first by following these quick instructions.

1. Stare at a few Georgia O'keefe paintings while listening to a certain popular Sheena Easton tune

2. Squint really hard

3. Know that once you see it...it's all you're going to see afterwards

::runs away:::

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That is really rude.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Haha, why is that we Canadians always see something funny in our money?

I remember the exact same thing happening when they released the Toonie ($2 coin to any "outsiders" reading the thread
) and that supposedly on the back there was suppose to be away to look at the Polar Bear and see penguins and a T-Rex. It was pretty funny.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join