It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first manned flight with an electric multicopter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
One-man flying space hopper could become the 'air car' of the future

* 80kg machine can take off vertically like a jump jet
* Powered by Lithium Ion batteries
* Inventor claims the 16-rotor machine will make helicopters 'obsolete
* Could be used for 'air sports' - or even as a flying car

Watch in 720p

It might look like as space hopper surrounded by model helicopters, but the 16-rotor E-Volo is an entirely new kind of helicopter - which can hover motionless in the air without input from the pilot Its bold engineer, Thomas Senkel, took the machine on its first manned flight this week - lasting 1 minute 30 seconds. It's not the first electric helicopter flight - but this is a new kind of machine, steered simply by joystick, with the pilot sitting above the rotors. Senkel says it could revolutionise transport. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 6-11-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
All I can say is that it has Law Enforcement written all over it. Throw in the Military and CIA while your at it..
Thanks op. S/F

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

using that technology - it will never achieve a practical application

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It's pretty cool however it looks to be a bunch of radio controlled helicopter engines all synced to one controller..is it that fantastic or would a guy in a lawn chair with a bunch of balloons appear to be just as creative..I'm sure there was some tinkering but when he held up the flight controller which was again to a remote controlled vehicle..kind of took away from the awesomeness of it unless you could find his same frequency while hiding in a tree..now that would be funny...I like the idea but as mentioned earlier no military applicationn..they have freakin remote controlled bird like machines..this thing is huge..

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Carbon Nanotubes skeleton and a dome to sit under on this concept, and we will have one nice sturdy flying machine.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Word is TSA has purchased 1000 of these and will be using them to drop from the skies in Tennessee to pull over drivers and perform citizenship checks. You know, to defend freedoms.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

word is - you are full of bovine excremental bio-mass
edit on 6-11-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Come on ape, you know they'd love it. And it is true that they are very keen on new technology like cancer-given screening devices and tazer-helicopter-drones and so forth.

Come on, I may be jumping ahead here, but you know they would love to have something better than just a Crown Victoria like the regular highway troopers. The TSA being super-super-troopers, need something bigger, better, and more frightening. This would be perfect! Okay a few of them may invert it and die stupidly, but for the sheer SS-type domination of the public, I could easily see them buying a few of these.

But yes, I made it up for a laugh. And did you experience that laugh?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd hate to fly something from a open seat with rotors below me.

This is like he vehicles described in Dmitri's thread, one in particular is very similar.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I'd hate to fly something from a open seat with rotors below me.

This is like he vehicles described in Dmitri's thread, one in particular is very similar.

Indeed, though I guess electric power is an improvement over gas. It'll probably make it more silent too.

Personally, they should apply aspects from the Sikorsky Cypher: such as four counter-rotating enclosed rotors with the seat in the center

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Come on ape, you know they'd love it. And it is true that they are very keen on new technology like cancer-given screening devices and tazer-helicopter-drones and so forth.

Come on, I may be jumping ahead here, but you know they would love to have something better than just a Crown Victoria like the regular highway troopers. The TSA being super-super-troopers, need something bigger, better, and more frightening. This would be perfect! Okay a few of them may invert it and die stupidly, but for the sheer SS-type domination of the public, I could easily see them buying a few of these.

But yes, I made it up for a laugh. And did you experience that laugh?

The laugh I had was at your expense. I did laugh though.

new topics

top topics

join