It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like to use my video camera's infrared feature to pick up stuff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hello all! I finally get to make a my own thread! I love ATS, it makes me feel like I am not alone in my thoughts. I can share my thoughts without people thinking I am totally crazy. I know I am somewhat crazy, but at least I have a place to go and post stuff about paranormal and be taken somewhat seriously. I am interested in the paranormal because of certain things that happened to me over my lifetime. Now, I try to investigate and divulge psychological or scientific explanations. In reading the threads here, I thought it was interesting that I was not the only one who saw an apparition with orange eyes (or red eyes as some people see it). That made me feel somewhat normal.

Well, I started to elaborate on some recordings I have taken with my Sony Handycam. I like the Night Shot feature. I put some ads on my Youtube videos to try and make some money, but if you don't want to see ads, just get the Firefox Add On called "Ad Block Plus". I am not trying to advertise my videos here at ATS, I am simply wanting to get some intel about the paranormal so I can learn how to take better recordings. And I need some explanations about things I see. I need expert advice.

The thing is, I am more of a scientist and need to rule out some stuff.

For example, here is a series of questions:

In IR (infrared/nightshot) mode, if I see a small white object flying around, most likely it is an insect, right?
Does it make a difference if I see several that fly in the same direction?
What if one just comes out of nowhere and then disappears?
How come they disappear?

I know there must be some explanation.

Here is another question:

I have recorded many IR videos, but this one particular time that I did it, there were THOUSANDS of colored spots in the film. What is that?

I am in the process of uploading an example to Youtube. I will come back and post the link when it is done. In the mean time, I don't know how to upload a screenshot of the thousands of colors.

Can anyone explain how to post a picture here?

Thanks for you insight!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostwithorangeeyes

I am looking forward to see what you have filmed.

It is not that easy to comment without having something to look at.
Regarding the picture posting issue, I am probably not the best person to give you guidelines.
edit on 6-11-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
go to myATS --> tools -->ATSuploads --> select image file. after the upload is complete, click on the thumbnail of the image and copy and paste what is in "use in post:" into your thread or post.

edit on 6-11-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I prefer to use my hands, but I'm still interested in what you've filmed.

Look forward to any incoming uploads.

edit to add, I'm sure nobody would mind if you posted your youtube videos up

edit on 6/11/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostwithorangeeyes

here is a series of questions:

In IR (infrared/nightshot) mode, if I see a small white object flying around, most likely it is an insect, right?
Does it make a difference if I see several that fly in the same direction?
What if one just comes out of nowhere and then disappears?
How come they disappear?

Yes it is more than likely an insect, or several.
It makes no difference which direction they are flying in. If an object is caught in your IR light then your camera will pick it up.
The amount of reflection is also determined by the angles that objects are. One insects wings might reflect light if it flies towards you, but not if it flys left to right, for example.

Other objects that reflect light, and are often confused fro orbs, are water droplets/vapour and/or dust.
Dust can have a 'flashing' to it as it rotates and floats through the air making it look like something 'out of the ordinary'.
Water vapour and/or droplets can cause multi colours due to the very nature of water and light. Take a rainbow as an example and that effect occurs even on such small scales.

The strength of reflection coming from an object in front of your IR light is also dependent on which part of the light actually hits it. If you imagine the centre of the screen being the strongest part of the light then you'll get more of a 'hit' on an object, whereas the outer edges of your screen is where the IR light begins to lose its strength. Almost acting as if it were a cone rather than a lighthouse beacon, if you get what I mean.

As for things coming out of nowhere and disappearing then please take note of what I've said above. It's all down to angles.

True orbs are believed to create their own light and are highly distinguishable from most other objects caught on film. They may even leave trace patterns as they move, depending.

Its best to watch the behaviour of flying insects in normal light in order to be able to determine what it is you have caught on film or are seeing at night time in IR light. You will soon learn how a fly or moth flies in order to debunk stuff immediately rather than spend hours trying to make a decision.

Hope this helps you a little bit.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It is finally uploaded! It took FOREVER because I live in basic mode (free OTA TV, basic internet). Here is the link finally. It just now finished, so I dunno what is gonna show...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thanks! Yeah, that is what I was thinking. It's weird though, how they appear then disappear. It's almost like they are showing off in front of the IR! LOL!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Youtube's upload ended up crappy. Most of the bugs came out of the bottom right corner and it looks too pixilated on my end. Some of the lights/bugs fly off and up in other directions which are obvious though. I might consider a HighDef for this one cuz it is pretty bizarre from my end with the AVI. Maybe they are still working on it though.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
the video is quit long, could you please give the time, when there is something to see ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That really pisses me off because it took FOREVER to upload that video. I wish you could see what I see.
edit on 6-11-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
the video is quit long, could you please give the time, when there is something to see ?

I am in the process of creating an HD version of it cuz Youtube pixilated it too much. I will give you the times after I figure it out. I am so frustrated.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

frustrated with creating a hd version ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I gave up on this episode. I want to make this my thread though. As I do my recordings, I will post them here. It is shameful how Youtube pixilated my video. It took a very long time to upload it there. I will post more links here as I learn how to use all of the features.

In the mean time, has anyone ever had a paranormal experience with hearing breathing sounds? That is something that transgressed through generations in my family. I don't want to start a new thread about it. But when I was 18, I heard breathing sounds, said the Lord's Prayer and then I felt a warm feeling pass through my body from left to right. I sat up in bed, called for mom (she was just across the hall), she came in and sat beside me at the foot of my bed. I told her what happened, she told me the same thing happened to her when she was pregnant with me. The difference was that the breathing followed her around the house after she turned off all of the appliances. She called my father at work (this was sometime 43 years ago), but he didn't come home until the normal time. I don't remember how her breathing episode subsided.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I feel so comfortable here for some reason. It's like, I gave it all up to you to figure out or something.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I prefer to use my hands, but I'm still interested in what you've filmed.

Look forward to any incoming uploads.

edit to add, I'm sure nobody would mind if you posted your youtube videos up

edit on 6/11/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

Your hands meaning what? I was thinking that meant you use your hands to meditate or something? Is that right? I tried doing that psi energy thing once with my hands and it did not work very well, but when I put my arm closer to the psiwheel, it did start to move and yeah, I was holding my breath. Is it possible that I could have energy in other parts of my body that I have not harnessed and focused yet? I think maybe.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

go to myATS --> tools -->ATSuploads --> select image file. after the upload is complete, click on the thumbnail of the image and copy and paste what is in "use in post:" into your thread or post.

edit on 6-11-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i hear no breathing sounds, but voices in my head, sometimes.
really looking forward to your videos. what video editing software do you use ? i do some video editing myself, maybe i can help ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It will take me a while to get that to you cuz I have 1:30 to get through just with this stuff. I just wanted to get the lights out there and get the opinions about the bugs firstly before I go any deeper into it. I am not getting many opinions about the fairies/bugs though. Not sure if I should just crap this thread out or what. I really desire to get some experts here.

Honestly, the fairies float around so often in that flick, that it would be stupid for me to waste time pinpointing it.

They don't show up in the other corner though. It's almost like they were showing off immediately when they knew the camera was in there. Then when I went in and made a ruckus and switched corners (the angle of the camera) it is like they got mad or something and from the 2 minutes I watched so far from the other corner, there was absolutely nothing. I pissed them off, pretty much.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

i hear no breathing sounds, but voices in my head, sometimes.
really looking forward to your videos. what video editing software do you use ? i do some video editing myself, maybe i can help ?

I use to use Corel Video Studio, then switched to a trial of Sony Vegas Movie HD. For some reason, it stopped capturing on one of my HD's so I downloaded another trial, the platinum version. It is all too slow though. I need more memory on my puter.

If you hear voices, then you are way ahead of me. I IR'ed myself sleeping one time and all I could get out of my snoring episodes was "I CAN TAKE YOU THERE". That was in this experiment:

youtu.be...

And yeah, that is me sleeping, that is me with the hand motion as I was conscious. But I could not explain the sound at 1:25! I must have listened to it 100 times!!!
edit on 6-11-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: (no reason given)

I think it has something to do with "throwing your voice". And yeah, I use to be a puppeteer.
edit on 6-11-2011 by ghostwithorangeeyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

nice. its late here in europe, will post again tommorow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join