It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Illinois Straw Poll

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by fockewulf190

Rasmussen works to please their client, that's the problem with these so-called "scientific" polls. It's important to take into consideration who funds the polls, and understand the reality that the corporate media is trying to produce an outcome, not report it.

Well if that truly is the case, then Paul´s campaign manager needs to become a client of Rassmussen. This way he gets the polling results he needs, he gets more air time from the MSM, that helps his campaign economically, and that in turn helps him attract more voters. Look, if Herman Cain can go from single digits to front runner status, then Ron Paul needs to step up to the plate. He has been through a few presidential campaigns before. He should know by know how the game is played. Heck, he´s been re-elected 13 times, so his playbook can´t be bad...he just needs to make some new plays and get his team to start scoring some political touchdowns before it´s too late.

I know the mainstream Reps want him out, and the MSM doesn´t like him either, but he´s only got this last chance to pull it off and save our butts. So it´s time to go all in. Romney is going to wimp out big time if he gets the nod. Cain knows pizzas and resturaunts. Perry is a plasticman clone and Newt just has too much baggage. Only Paul is authentic....but I´m sure you know this already.

edit on 6-11-2011 by fockewulf190 because: more reply.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Isn't Paul coming in 4th in the national polls? Sorry but these straw polls are highly unreliable i seem to remember Paul winning the Cpac straw poll 4 years ago and you see how far he got in that election.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think the national polls are garbage. Just like the controlled MSM! Perry was #1 the first week he entered the race? WTH! Cain wins one straw poll and all of a sudden he's all over the news and the National polls have him either 1st or 2nd? Even after the guy makes a bafoon of himself over and over as well as the new sexual harassment allegations!
Paul wins most straw polls and he's lucky he's mentioned!
Just goes to show how this is all controlled and Paul is the last person the Military Industrial Complex wants in office. Like I said earlier, he needs to first win Iowa...badly!
Also, nothing lazy about his supporters. In fact, they are the most passionate and hard working of all the candidates. He gets more donations from military personel than all the candidates combined! Why? Because of his foreign policy!
This country is on the verge of self destruction and RP predicted it all years ago. You all need to seriously wake up because if you had a clue as to how present govt. and big business works and where we are headed, I would'nt be reading such ignorant posts against the only man with the brains and nads to stand up against the status quo.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Congrats Ron Paul. I really wish you could be our next president.

ron paul is going to be the next president. the people of america decides who the president is, not cnn.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The world economy depends on Ron Paul becomes president.
Wish all the Americans understood Ron Paul wants to fix the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

ron paul is going to be the next president. the people of america decides who the president is, not cnn.

Actually, it is the Electoral College who decides who the President is, not the people. If it was, then Al Gore would have been President in 2001, not GW.

I wish it was the people, but it's not.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

The electoral college still votes based off the popular vote. In Florida, there was alleged tampering in the system.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

It has almost nothing to do with the popular vote, it has to do with population, not counting Florida, gore won by a near landslide (popular) but still would have lost by the Electoral College.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Right, I know that a certain amount of votes goes to each state based on population, but those votes go to whichever candidate got the popular vote in that state, no? The electoral process is pretty confusing, probably intentionally.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
One of my biggest problems with the site is that, often, the original poster makes a statement, but doesn't actually comfirm or suggest that the whole thing was done tongue-in-cheek and as satier. I mean, sure, all regular readers know that this thread was joking around, but I worry about someone new who doesn't get the humorous tone this thread takes.

No, as we all know, Paul is completely unelectable. But we all know this.

Based on the inherent process done when doing straw polls, they are meaningles and open to dangers of significant.. I don't want to say fraud, but I'll say concerns about the integrity of the process.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cuthbert

Wrong, Paul is not unelectable, just because the MSM continues to try and convince the American people that he is not a valid candidate doesn't mean that we are listening.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Right, I know that a certain amount of votes goes to each state based on population, but those votes go to whichever candidate got the popular vote in that state, no? The electoral process is pretty confusing, probably intentionally.

Actually, no, those votes don't necessarily go to the candidate who got the popular vote in that state. The officials in the Electoral College are not required to vote by the popular vote of the state, just strongly encouraged to do so. Basically, the popular vote is just a strong suggestion to the Electoral College. It is very confusing, and I am sure that confusion is on purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join