It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Illinois Straw Poll

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
YAY!!

He's not gonna be on the ballot, you're gonna have to write him in. These other candidates are gonna be pushed in your face till the end. Write in Ron Paul.

Tell your friends, tell everyone about Ron Paul.

P.S. check my posting history, I'm not a new member with one agenda. It's a soap opera and Ron Paul isn't the main actor. Write him in, talk about him with your friends and let everyone know you support him!

Don't they throw a ballot out if the candidate is written in?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if you voted online or in person because two requirements for voting is that you had to have paid for to vote and you had to be a registered voter in the state.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

Rasmussen works to please their client, that's the problem with these so-called "scientific" polls. It's important to take into consideration who funds the polls, and understand the reality that the corporate media is trying to produce an outcome, not report it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I did a search on Fox, CNN and MSNBC search menu and NOTHING shows up. LMAO

Originally posted by VforVendettea

NOPE it counts.

Over 100 people wrote in BATMAN for the 2008 election. lol. I swear.
edit on 6-11-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The Paul Bots have ensured Ron Paul wins every straw poll. If he wasn't so ignorant of foreign policy, most of us would love him, but, alas, he is. We're not Canada.

The term "ally" is not in his vocabulary. History disagrees with this omission.
edit on 6-11-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why is it that when I think of the Prophet...er..Dr. Paul, I get this burning hope in my chest...burning like the light of Freedom and Liberty...A shining beacon in the harbor and on the hill, lighting the way to human dignity and progress?

What has become of our Camelot?

!...?

Where has gone our "more congenial spot for happily ever aftering"?

We must support living principles such as Truth, Love and Courage!
We must reawaken and exercise the muscles of our human virtues!
Virtues such as Honesty, Valor, Conmapssion, Humility...to name a few.

I cannot think of a better knight champion for our liege and lord, the constitution, than Sir Paul...

His vision of truth, and the time proven integrity in and of his words...for this alone I would ask my lady to fix our ribbon to his lance...

edit on 6-11-2011 by Khurzon because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

You should really provide some insights/links on how you feel he is ignorant of foreign policy, otherwise it's just name calling.

Heres some of his thoughts on things...I'll quote just one in particular:

If you like small government you need to work hard at having a strong national defense that is not so militant. Personal liberty is the purpose of government, to protect liberty - not to run your personal life, not to run the economy, and not to pretend that we can tell the world how they ought to live.
Ron Paul

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khurzon

You should really provide some insights/links on how you feel he is ignorant of foreign policy, otherwise it's just name calling.

Heres some of his thoughts on things...I'll quote just one in particular:

If you like small government you need to work hard at having a strong national defense that is not so militant. Personal liberty is the purpose of government, to protect liberty - not to run your personal life, not to run the economy, and not to pretend that we can tell the world how they ought to live.
Ron Paul

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

His foreign policy is total isolationism. Google it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
heman "sexually harass your girlfriend/wife while she is at work" cain is tptb puppet regime leader of choice.

so therefore all their media controlled outlets are using hollywood magic to make it appear all of america is behind him.

how else are they going to invade iran without uncle herman appearing to take charge. that's what he does best.

Its disappointing to me that a Federal Reserve Banker who supported the bank bailouts and is neutral on a Federal Reserve Bank audit would require a sexual harassment scandal before he gets a negative reputation. Are you kidding me? Voters are just so generous these days, wow.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Thanks for that detailed insight...I rest my case..

Well..here is just one more that touches on this topic:

Everyone assumes America must play the leading role in crafting some settlement or compromise between the Israelis and the Palestinians. But Jefferson, Madison, and Washington explicitly warned against involving ourselves in foreign conflicts.
Ron Paul

edit on 6-11-2011 by Khurzon because: added quote

edit on 6-11-2011 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Thanks for that detailed insight...I rest my case..

Well..here is just one more that touches on this topic:

Everyone assumes America must play the leading role in crafting some settlement or compromise between the Israelis and the Palestinians. But Jefferson, Madison, and Washington explicitly warned against involving ourselves in foreign conflicts.
Ron Paul

edit on 6-11-2011 by Khurzon because: added quote

edit on 6-11-2011 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

quoting Ron Paul to support Ron Paul is sort of... well... yeah. Can I now quote me to support my opinion? KEWL!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'll actually give you one:

" I have ever deemed it fundamental for the United States never to take active part in the quarrels of Europe. Their political interests are entirely distinct from ours. Their mutual jealousies, their balance of power, their complicated alliances, their forms and principles of government, are all foreign to us. They are nations of eternal war."

– Thomas Jefferson (1823)

This involves more than military involvement, it also includes financial support thereof. Ask Ben Bernanke about our "active part in the quarrels of Europe"

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Why is it that when I think of the Prophet...er..Dr. Paul, I get this burning hope in my chest...burning like the light of Freedom and Liberty...A shining beacon in the harbor and on the hill, lighting the way to human dignity and progress?

What has become of our Camelot?

!...?

Where has gone our "more congenial spot for happily ever aftering"?

We must support living principles such as Truth, Love and Courage!
We must reawaken and exercise the muscles of our human virtues!
Virtues such as Honesty, Valor, Conmapssion, Humility...to name a few.

I cannot think of a better knight champion for our liege and lord, the constitution, than Sir Paul...

His vision of truth, and the time proven integrity in and of his words...for this alone I would ask my lady to fix our ribbon to his lance...

edit on 6-11-2011 by Khurzon because: spelling

The depth and creativity displayed in this statement alone deserves a star.

Someone stated about throwing out write-ins. I remember something in the State Journal Register out of Springfield Ill. some time in the not to distant past, vaguely. I do know Cook county in Ill. gave voter ballots to all the Cook county felony inmates adding up to around 3000 illegal votes. To top that off, they were late sending out 2800 ballots to active-duty troops effectively preventing their votes from counting.
edit on 6-11-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Are you really so ignorant? Isolationism is pulling everything in, enacting protectionist tariffs, and cutting off communication and trade with other nations. Non-interventionism is open, fair trade and diplomacy with all, entangling alliances with none. We maintain a strong national defense, and actually use it for defense of THIS NATION and it's borders. Imagine that, homeland security, in the homeland.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Are you really so ignorant? Isolationism is pulling everything in, enacting protectionist tariffs, and cutting off communication and trade with other nations. Non-interventionism is open, fair trade and diplomacy with all, entangling alliances with none. We maintain a strong national defense, and actually use it for defense of THIS NATION and it's borders. Imagine that, homeland security, in the homeland.

Are you really so ignorant to believe that defense of this nation doesn't involve the use of our armed forces elsewhere? Child.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

No, write in voting has been valid for a very long time.
2nd

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Maybe some isolationism would do us some good. We need to get our house in order and time has proven that the U.S. trying to police the world doesn't let us do that.

If we want to be the "Shining Example" of freedom to the world, then we need to get ourselves free again and be the example rather than trying to shove our cultural beliefs down others throats.

Clean up your own back yard before complaining about your neighbors.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Are you really so ignorant to believe that defense of this nation doesn't involve the use of our armed forces elsewhere? Child.

If there's a need to be defended and a clear enemy/nation state, and war is declared by Congress, then of course our armed forces will be used. But, right now that's not the case. We're at war with undefined, asymmetric threats. You fight asymmetric wars asymmetrically, not with unacceptably costly occupations of sovereign nations by large ground forces to hunt down criminal gangs that hide among the public. The Letters of Marque and Reprisal leaves open some good options for fighting terrorists, within the scope of the Constitution and without us going broke.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The Paul Bots have ensured Ron Paul wins every straw poll. If he wasn't so ignorant of foreign policy, most of us would love him, but, alas, he is. We're not Canada.

The term "ally" is not in his vocabulary. History disagrees with this omission.

Oh, goody! I get to share the following article for the third time today:

Foreign Policy Experts Agree With Ron Paul’s Controversial Foreign Policy
abcnews.go.com...

That would be foreign-policy experts like Harvey Sapolsky, emeritus professor of public policy and organization at MIT - AND - Christopher Preble, vice president for defense and foreign policy studies at the Cato Institute...but, of course, you call them 'ignorant'!
---------
As far as polls go, I participate in them online, but do I trust them? No! They can be skewed; questions can be asked in a certain manner designed to elicit a certain response, etc. One must also ask how many people were called for said poll (and I've NEVER received such a call, btw), what age groups were involved, was it only landline phone numbers utilized, in what way was the poll worded, who is the polling company working for, etc.

I am also baffled by those who say that Ron Paul supporters are lazy, etc. Not only because he DOES have a huge following, but because Ron Paul supporters will get out there and vote "NO MATTER WHAT", IS the reason he wins straw polls. Paul supporters are the most dedicated, motivated group of individuals to grace the political field, maybe in the history of politics!! It's all about FREEDOM, baby!

I'd also like to add that a Harris Poll down in late September, 2011 shows Paul beating Obama 51% to 49%...
finance.yahoo.com...

edit on 6-11-2011 by Habit4ming because: add further information

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
RON PAUL 2012

I have lived in Illinois all 19 years of my life, and i have been following Ron Paul for 4 of those years. And all my life Ive always seen Illinois go to the Democratic party. The fact that Ron Paul won the straw poll and he's a republican blows my mind. How can there be any other obvious candidate except Ron Paul, the guy has been saying the SAME thing for over 30 years. and Mitt Romney changes he mind about abortion every 4 years and then changes his mind about Global Warming every 4 months. The PEOPLE need to know who they vote for. And I feel like people are starting to see that.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join