It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scenario: Surprise Multiple Front Counter Attack Against USA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why do some American posters always assume that an aggressor wants to invade the US mainland? You lot really get a hard-on with that scenario. You dont need to invade a country to win a war nowadays.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Attack the US army/government. Not the inhabitants, they have done nothing wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Let me repeat...again:

We are not talking about invading the US mainland.....we are talking about US interests and influences/allies being attack around the world and the US being kept "contained" geographically to its mainland.....NO foreign troops on US soil....

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I can't see any nation or group of nations invading mainland USA.
Not because of the domestic population being armed to the teeth, with hunting guns etc, (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz), but because of the logistics.

I don't mean to be offensive by saying this...

but the fact that many Americans have guns really isn't a special feature that will deter an invasion. Guns en masse find themselves into regions under seige all the time. In countries where there have been civil war, guns are brought in by foreign interests to support proxy forces. It hasn't stopped war before.

And just because Americans have guns, doesn't make every one of them a militiaman either. Most civilians probably couldn't handle real combat and would be more concerned for their own safety to fight. It's just a fact of human nature.

We are not talking about invading the US mainland.....we are talking about US interests and influences/allies being attack around the world and the US being kept "contained" geographically to its mainland.....NO foreign troops on US soil....

In the scenerio you represent, it is very likely that there would be action on the homefront. I'm not just talking full-on beachhead amphibious assaults either.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Freeborn
I can't see any nation or group of nations invading mainland USA.
Not because of the domestic population being armed to the teeth, with hunting guns etc, (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz), but because of the logistics.

I don't mean to be offensive by saying this...

but the fact that many Americans have guns really isn't a special feature that will deter an invasion

Errrr......I think I more or less said the same thing....but I do think the improbability of being able to successfully land a sizeable force and supply that force dictates that any invasion of US mainland is a most unlikely scenario.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Even though it's been stated that there is no chance of invasion of the US homeland, it's something American Posters will take into accountregardless. Even if you set up a sub net threatening to bomb the population, the population will be geared for invasion.

That being said. If someone was somehow able to invade the US home soil, I do think they'd be hard pressed to do win anything. I agree with previous posters that state it would be an insurgency of such the world's not seen. But I don't think it'll be all Red Dawn either. It'll be nasty and gritty.

Also opposing countries have huge swathes of land to deal with, and the logisitics that go with that. A coalition couldn't support long term logistics without also having to worry about the above average citizen and ex military folk who will do what they can to distrupt supply lines and all that.

As for getting the US to pull back from their holdings. May happen, but to seal us in as if we're Cuba and expect the US citizens or military to allow it to happen for long. I doubt that'd work. The U.S. is resilient and would find a way to smuggle or get past the liens- and even then if bombed they'd build up to repay. It's cliche- but look at Pearl Harbor. You manage to Piss the US off like that and the whole nation forgets it's gripes with itself and unifies.

Your best bet to beat the US is to have her crippled from within with Civil War.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
And America being spread out over 157 bases around the World has not enough left to protect its own borders.

Not that it hasn't been said before but the Homeland Security is getting a little thin with all the "Humanitarian" missions going on in the name of peace.

Peace...

and I mean that.

Some seem to have forgotten about the 137 million owned weapons located in the US by freedom loving citizens! Sure, the military might be a tad busy by try entering the US with a military force and there would more then likely be a sharp and candid reminder of those 137 millions weapons here.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Let me repeat...again:

I don't think a country could do it, in all honesty. And if you’re not putting boots on US soil, then the US is free to manufacture at will, continually feeding it's war machine.

That's where Japan missed their opportunity in WWII. They never took the manufacturing in Eastern Russia and rather continued it's Eurasian conquest. Russia was able to manufacture its T-34 with no issues which ending the Eastern front campaign of Hitler.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There are other ways to defeat a nation without ever putting boots on the ground.

Biological warfare is a surefire way to thin a nations population out, clog up logistical supply lines, overload a countrys healthcare system and to diminish the manufacturing industrys as well as the economy, not to mention that any troops on homesoil will also be affected. Send in a few hundred fanatical infected 'bio-mules' via different crossing points/airports/seaports and within 24 hrs it is across the whole country. It is a cheap, easy and very affective method of warfare.

Within a few weeks depending on the virus used, the country will grind to a virtual standstill and will effectively have reverted back to the stoneage. Voila, one enemy nation wiped out without a single loss to the victor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join