It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Rebel Islamist Armed Units About To Take Over Nigeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This year we have seen many Arab nations in turmoil as Islamist radicals have undermineed peace and stability in the region.

Now comes the latest slaughter by Islamists in Nigeria ....home to milions of Islamists and Christians....surprise they want shariah law to be implemented in Nigeria ...just as they want in Britain,France,Australia ect e ct.

Read this link it may point to a wider militant action that could engulf Europe if sleeper cells in Europe are awoken?

Nigeria is an oil rich nation , that is seeing Islamists armed to the teeth.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Churchill warned against the masses of Black Africans being radicalised by fundamentalist militaristic Islamist groups decades ago...now in Nigeria it is getting frightening.

These Nigerians can handle weapons as well as anyone, and they want Sharia law.

Just who is financing them?

Malcolm X was the... nation of Islam figurehead..they went into Africa big time...are they still involved?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Thanks for bringing this up. I hadn't heard of Boko Haram, so I started looking.

Boko Haram (figuratively, "Western education is a sin")

it is thought to be responsible for "increasingly violent and sophisticated attacks", with at least 327 people killed in 2011 through November 6 according to the Associated Press.

Boko Haram opposes not only Western education, but Western culture and modern science as well. The group also forbids the wearing of shirts and pants and the act of voting in elections. In its view, the Nigerian state is run by non-believers.

In a 2009 BBC interview, Mohammed Yusuf, then the group's leader, stated that he rejects the fact that the earth is a sphere and views it as contrary to Islam, along with Darwinism and the fact that rain comes from water evaporated by the sun.

There are many things I'd like to say, but they may be offensive to certain groups. I am surprised, however, at the vast number of people who are described as "They're just a tiny fringe element, they don't represent us at all."

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yes it is also amazing how ignorant of impending threats we have become.
It is hard to swallow the notion that all these Islamic uprisings across the world this decade have been random, unconnected events.
Its amazing how anti Racism/Religious vilification laws have been rammed down western citizens throats , yet thos ewho describe christians as infidels, and dogs are encouraged by the millions to migrate to the west where these laws are supposed to protect the citizens of the west.
We have Islamic leaders in Australia who openly say on radio and in the mosques, that Australia should be under saria law...the mosques are full at prayer time...whilst Christian churches are almost empty.

Radical Islam views should be banned from expression just as the radica christian hate groups are forbidden to express.

Nigerian christians are living in terror, when are we going to wake up?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Dear Dr Expired,

May I wander for a moment? I don't see how the military of the western world can go around spanking all the naughty little boys of Islam who are killing other groups for religious reasons. There are just too many of them.

Is this best faced by defending the sane countries on a case by case basis, or is the better solution to attack the problem on a global basis? Perhaps creating a League of Free, Tolerant Nations to respond wherever people are being killed for their faith?

But I don't currently see a sane solution to what appears to be an insane problem. Many OWSers are saying we should tear the whole system down and rebuild on the ashes. Would an insane answer be required for the Islamic problem?

As I say, I'm just wandering. This is the most disjointed post I can remember writing. Apologies.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

An insane solution perhaps would be to ban all religion outside the home.

The fact is Islam is being used by fanatical war mongerers to try and seize power in Muslim nations.

Islamist radical/rebel leaders use fear and killing to subdue the population ...they plant radical psuedo muftis to spy and report on the moderate muslims who want to simply live clean peaceful lives.

The west is basically fighting soldiers who dress up as muslim followers and live in the towns and cities for periods until the time comes to fight again.

If the power of the mosques could be reduced we may be on the road to decreasing their crafty advantage.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Since this thread was started the situation in Nigeria has detioriated with Christian Nigerians being subject to more murders by Islamist thugs.

In fact the Christians may be about to be the next victims of Genocide ..if things continue to happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I'd feel a lot better if the US had an African and Middle East policy other than the support of the Muslim Brotherhood and friends. But I don't see it. And with major defense cuts looming, we won't even have a decent military option.

top topics

join