It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News For Anti-Gay Christians.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
So - they found a gene. Interestingly believed to be inherited from father - - - while homosexuality is believed to come through the mother.

If that's actually true then perhaps...

The End of Gays: Gay Marriage and the Decline of the Homosexual Population
It is admittedly odd to think that a progressive, humanitarian shift in attitudes toward gays and lesbians might lead, ironically, to a noticeable decline in the homosexual population. Yet this is precisely what I predict will happen over the very long course of natural selection should the societal-level normalization of adult homosexual relationships, such as is happening currently with the triumphant legalization of gay marriage in my new home state of New York, continues happily on its way.

... visit [url=http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/2011/08/01/the-end-of-gays-gay-marriage-and-the-decline-of-the-homosexual-population/]source[/ url] for full article

Just something ironic I remembered reading earlier in the year on The Scientific American. And I love irony, satire, and anything that works out to be what you didn't intend it to be.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Just something ironic I remembered reading earlier in the year on The Scientific American. And I love irony, satire, and anything that works out to be what you didn't intend it to be.

For sure - - some of the stuff you find on the web.

Scientists like everyone else are in major disagreements on everything - - just look at Global Warming. Hard to know what's really real.

I think there is not doubt though - in stating - the human body is its own very complicated chemistry lab.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Edit: OK, I looked at the site thru the link you gave. Indian lore?? Are you serious???!
edit on 8-11-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Ok, I googled the bible. Hebrew lore?? Are you serious??!!
I don't agree with the terra papers, I have not read them, but I have picked up the general gist from annee and googleing them.

Also, how was my post insulting? It merely pointed out everything you did and than gave my commentary on them. If I offended you, im sorry.
edit on 8-11-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Just like being Left Handed (which science can not explain) - - - attraction to same gender is just another variation of the "mixed soup".

Gene for Left-Handed Trait Discovered - National Geographic, 2007

And we use to punish and condone left handed people too...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

Edit: OK, I looked at the site thru the link you gave. Indian lore?? Are you serious???!
edit on 8-11-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Ok, I googled the bible. Hebrew lore?? Are you serious??!!
I don't agree with the terra papers, I have not read them, but I have picked up the general gist from annee and googleing them.

Oh yeah! 40 years ago I would never have believed along the lines of the Terra Papers.

BUT - - - it always makes me laugh when people think they are "fantastical" - - and the Jesus stories are believable.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

To which I say:

If somebody said the Grimm tales were the truth, would you beleive them?
If somebody said the Greek myths were the truth, would you beleive them?
If somebody said the Egyptian myths were the truth, would you beleive them?
If somebody said the Harry Potter books were the truth, would you beleive them?
If somebody said that a giant peacock in the sky that can rain fire on will but doesn't because another giant peacock is always nagging it not to and that is the truth, would you beleive them?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The End of Gays: Gay Marriage and the Decline of the Homosexual Population

That is one long winding article.

The basis seems to be - - that homosexuals allowed to live openly - - won't bother with fake marriages - - and producing offspring to be a part of society.

Therefore - - the "gay" gene will die out. Or something like that.

Since when is there a "gay" gene? As of yet - - I think "we" are still trying to find it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

To which I say:

If somebody said the Grimm tales were the truth, would you beleive them?
If somebody said the Greek myths were the truth, would you beleive them?
If somebody said the Egyptian myths were the truth, would you beleive them?
If somebody said the Harry Potter books were the truth, would you beleive them?
If somebody said that a giant peacock in the sky that can rain fire on will but doesn't because another giant peacock is always nagging it not to and that is the truth, would you beleive them?

Exactly!

I do believe many myths are built on reality - - but are not actually real in themselves.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This is also flawed because if there WAS a gay gene (Which I think there is, but I also think you can choose and be affected by enviroment. You've seen this before) it would 100% no doubt be resessive, which means it will never die out, or will very slowly, because if it is superessive it might not show for 2-3 generations. This is not to mention the fact that many gays donate to sperm banks and have artifical children, with fostermothers.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Putting on my tin-foil hat I'm starting to believe that the prevalence of the push for homosexual acceptance is in fact a means of population control. Of course they're not going to sell it as such. The cigarette companies don't sell you on lung cancer and asthma. They tell you how glamorous and sexy smoking makes you. So TPTB will push the phrases like "free love" and "acceptance" while glossing over the fact that it means a lower birth rate and it reduces the population in the more educated class of society. More workers, less thinkers.

God, you finally figured out our plan!! Ima have to kill you now, you know too much.
Jk, but really.. do you actually beleive this??
If it was a form of population control gays could not donate to sperm banks, nor have artifical children.
And also, Homosexuality has been embraced in many cultures world, and time, wide. Some african and tropical tribes still practice homosexuality as a form of ritual and pleasure, and they are always looking for ways to get more people.

Also this is slightly offending

So TPTB will push the phrases like "free love" and "acceptance" while glossing over the fact that it means a lower birth rate and it reduces the population in the more educated class of society.

I have a 2 year college degree in the culinary and hospitality feild, and raising money to go for another 2 years to get my 4 year degree. I have won several prostart and skillsUSA contests, competed in DECCA, and was one of the best in my class. I work in a cafe/bakery with my boyfriend, and im gay. I am by no means uneducated, and if your post was true, you would be implying that gays are stupid. This is NOT a correct assumption.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'll turn into a pillar of salt if I ever look into, or look back at this thread.

... just kidding.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
I'll turn into a pillar of salt if I ever look into, or look back at this thread.

... just kidding.

Lol this is sodompalooza

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

Oh, did you just escape the thread before it happened too?

... Just Kidding.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

This is also flawed because if there WAS a gay gene (Which I think there is, but I also think you can choose and be affected by environment.

In my 20 years of following this subject - - I'd say attraction to same gender is not affected by environment. However - - I do support the Sliding Scale - - and a person who is on the middle could be affected by environment. That would be someone who is basically BI (which I personally do not consider homosexual). Although every BI person I've talked to over the years - - did have a preference of one gender or the other.

Choosing to live a certain way - - I can agree. There are many things in life (for some) that are more important then sexual gratification. Through the ages - I'm sure many homosexuals chose Family and Career over natural same sex attraction.

But really - - why should they?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I am by no means uneducated, and if your post was true, you would be implying that gays are stupid.

You didn't read correctly. I said that the agenda (hypothetically) was for homosexuals to have less children which "reduces the population in the more educated class of society". Got it now?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Oh, sorry for raging there...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

No worries. Anyone that is employed in the art of baking has my total respect and adoration. Cooking is a skill but creating baked goods is a divine art. You're forgiven.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

This is also flawed because if there WAS a gay gene (Which I think there is, but I also think you can choose and be affected by enviroment. You've seen this before) it would 100% no doubt be resessive, which means it will never die out, or will very slowly, because if it is superessive it might not show for 2-3 generations. This is not to mention the fact that many gays donate to sperm banks and have artifical children, with fostermothers.

The "gay gene" might be associated with other genes that improve its chances of continuing in the gene pool. For example, maybe there are two separate genes that are not on the X/Y chromosomes - gay gene, and lesbian gene. When the gay gene is in a female or the lesbian gene is in a male it might make that person more likely to want a big family.
edit on 9-11-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

reply to post by Annee

The "gay gene" might be associated with other genes that improve its chances of continuing in the gene pool. For example, maybe there are two separate genes that are not on the X/Y chromosomes - gay gene, and lesbian gene. When the gay gene is in a female or the lesbian gene is in a male it might make that person more likely to want a big family.

Oh I don't doubt something will be found to prove attraction to same sex is a birth right.

Unfortunately - - research requires funding - - and it seems funding for homosexual studies is not on anyone's priority list.

Plus - - there is the Dr Mengele fear. Homosexuality is normal and natural as born. There is no reason to fix it. It is not a medical condition. As with the fruit flies - - changing brain chemicals changed sexual attraction. I can just imagine gay phobia parents dragging their effeminate boys to the doctor for brain chemical treatments (not saying all gays are effeminate or all boys who are effeminate are gay).

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

What?? I don't even.... *Mind is confuzzled*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join