It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special Place [D&G]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He was the best, of course. He was the youngest, the handsomest, and most talented of them all. When he made music, everyone stopped to listen. You might think that his elders would be jealous, but they revered him. He had been awarded the top post and had the ability to go places and see things no one else could. They often asked him what it was like to be in the Special Place.
Ahh, the Special Place. It was unlike any other. He felt so powerful there. Power flowed through him and around him, it filled him. He drank in every drop and wanted more. Day by day he became more knowledgeable, the Ancient Wisdom was his to pursue, peruse, to conquer.
He was almost ready for the great day of his unveiling. All his associates agreed, naturally they did, his logic was perfect and his presentation flawless. His determination grew as firm as granite, nothing would stop him now. He demanded to become the Ancient Wisdom! To be all that was proficient, exceptional, brilliant, and extraordinary.
He thought he knew how the Ancient Wisdom would behave, but he was wrong. Ancient Wisdom didn’t fight or argue. It didn’t plead or beg. It simply looked at him in pity and disgust and it left him.
When it left, it took the light, and the warmth, and the love. Suddenly, his world was dark and cold. All those around him cried and pleaded with him to help, to fix everything, they were dying. Coldness was creeping into his bones, darkness was permeating his soul, he fought against it, he was so clever, so wise, he refused to accept this defeat. Something was horribly wrong, this wasn’t fair. I’ll flee to another place, I will convince them that my ways are best, I will win! He struggled against the terrors of
helplessness. Crushing lost was attacking the sensibilities, and finally, hopelessness engulfed him. Without the Ancient Wisdom he would remain in this dark void. Sorry? NO! Angry? YES! What is the worst part of this place? HATRED that can never be satisfied!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
no offense, what is D&G? i take it's not your handle nor a common class designer label, just i'm seeing this tag crop up every hour on new posts.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

It's the Doom & Gloom Halloween Writing Contest which will be ending in just a few days. Then we'll do something else and call it whatever is decided.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shapeshiftress

I'm not sure exactly what it is about this story that I like, but I do. (like it). Wisdom looked at him with disgust, and fled. I think I know how he feels.

top topics

join