It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weapons would you carry?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

you could have just used the report button and save yourself from acting like another fool who should of read the thread first

Your wish is completed.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I read the OP perfect. When I chose my two weapons I was not thinking "hmm, which would be better for killing people?" That was just a hypothetical scenario to add a little layer of "fun" to the post. It stated "like a soldier." I would think others who have posted were similiar to me, they picked weapons they had or enjoyed not because they were actually thinking of the above quote.

Here you go with your general assumptions. Don't they teach you these things in grade school, called "stereotypes?" Your proving to be more naive then I thought you were. Im American, im no better than anybody else. We are all the same species, we all live on the same beautiful planet, we all have loved ones, we all bleed red so where are you getting "americans insist that they're simply the best thing that ever happened to this planet."?

You are taking a small majority and then putting it on a whole nation, assuming they are all the same. Grow up. You try and make America look bad with your above quote, but then here comes an American who puts you in your place with rationality, which in turn could "reflect" a poor image of your country instead, correct? There's bad seeds in every nation.
edit on 5-11-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

see thats what americans do have wich is positive and i applaud.

the unity among strife and division

i mean, a person cannot say you americans, without all americans assuming that one has to mean all americans and not just some americans, every single time.

we know that you are not all the same, so if you know that some americans are as how i described, dont crucify me everytime as if im talking about everyone, when you americans know perfectly wich ones we are talking about when we usually start a sentence with "you americans"

let not my words offend any of you americans, i could never bash you as good as you americans do, this whole forum is proof

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Let me ask a question about a scenario:

Just say that you and your family are living in a place such as Syria. You are one's that are member's of the suppressed, that are subjugated to tyranny, torture, rifle and tank fire by the Assad regime while being denied your basic human and civil rights.

Can you honestly say to yourself - That you would not prefer to have some kind of firearm to defend and fight for your families and friends survival, from tyranny that denies your basic human and civil rights?
In otherwords- Would you prefer to be a wolf, rather than a sheep that is being led to slaughter?

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 5-11-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 5-11-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 5-11-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 5-11-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

ill reply to that if you tell me you are living there.

if you're just a concerned msm couchsurfer, sorry i have no time for you.

why do syrians have it badder than anyone else right now? because its on the news?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
An M416 and a Beretta M9.

Anything more than that gives me a risk of losing them and arming my enemies in the process.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am a proud patriot of the United States of America, which is a country that fought for our and other's rights with guns, swords and plowshares.

If it wasn't for the U.S., and it's allies, you would probably still be under Hitlers jackboot!!!
edit on 5-11-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

yeah im a fool i admit, and what are you? oh i know, another dude who didnt read the thread right.

i was ontopic, the number one weapon of any soldier is the brain.

still, its the moderators job to decide whats ontopic or not. you're not one
my post still stands so it must be magic

you could have just used the report button and save yourself from acting like another fool who should of read the thread first

SIGH, once again...

LOOK, this thread is not about the opinions of a brainwashed foolish sheep here on the forums. People here whom actually have BRAINS who think for THEMSELVES certainly do not care for your deluded brainwashed opinion.

GO AWAY TROLL!!!

On Topic: To add to my earlier post, my pick of pistols would be one of the NATO approved pistols. Two that I can think of are the Glock 17, and the CZ P01. The rigorous testing for them to get approved is unbelievable to say the least!!
edit on 5-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
Given the choice of carrying one of these groups of weapons (like a soldier), which one would you choose and why? The situation could be anything from a diverse group of scenarios, that you could not anticipate beforehand. The only real stipulation is that you intend to defend yourself lawfully for a while.

1st choice:
Assault rifle of your choice
Sidearm of your choice

2nd choice:
Semi-automatic rifle of your choice
Sidearm of your choice

3rd choice:Bolt action rifle of your choice
machine pistol of your choice

4th choice:
Shotgun of your choice (any action)
Sidearm of your choice

Please specify group one, group two, etc for people that do not know their guns very well.

edit on 5-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

Here is my list, mainly because I already have these in my collection.
1) SKS with high rise scope, four 30 round mags.
2) P89 9mm with adjustable target sights also with 4 mags.
Number one and two would be the same, I do not have a full auto, and could not afford a permit to own one.
As for a bolt action, I have a Remington BDL 700 in 7mm Mag. I have practice out to 500 yards with it and have been able to keep the shots in the size of a pie plate(large pie plate)
As for a shotgun the mossburg 500 as many on here have stated.
I have been collecting weapons for many years, And I have found that most can fill a need if you take time to learn. A single shot .410 can feed a family well, my grandmother used one along with an old remington 41 target-master to put food on the table back in the late 30's. into the 40's. The girlfriend loves my H&R .410 \, she has fired a few boxes through it. As for the long guns, my mauser, mosin, enfields, and the old trapdoor, I practice shooting a pie plate at 225 yards, I can nail that, something bigger should not be a problem.
I do not practice so I can over throw the Goverment, this is hog wash! We do this because we have always depended on ourselfs. And what I do is well within the laws of this country.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
1st choice:
Assault rifle of your choice: M4A1
Sidearm of your choice: .45ACP

2nd choice:
Semi-automatic rifle of your choice: G3
Sidearm of your choice: G19 glock

3rd choice:
Bolt action rifle of your choice: Remington 700vls
machine pistol of your choice: Skorpion!

4th choice:
Shotgun of your choice (any action):Bernardelli B4
Sidearm of your choice: why not Desert Eagle

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

1st choice:
Assault rifle of your choice = Remington Defense ACR in 5.56 with extra barrel and bolt in 7.62x39
Sidearm of your choice = Ruger SR40

2nd choice(I'm assuming Civilian versions):
Semi-automatic rifle of your choice = Bushmaster XM15 E2S M4 Type Carbine
Sidearm of your choice = Smith & Wesson M & P in 9mm

3rd choice:
Bolt action rifle of your choice = McMillan Tac 50
Machine pistol of your choice = H & K MP7 PDW

4th choice:
Shotgun of your choice = Atchisson Assault Shotgun
Sidearm of your choice = Sig P226 Combat

edit on 5-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Please read this:

FSME-The Weapons and Tactics Forum: What it is and what it is NOT

The Weapons and Tactics forum is NOT a political forum.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Cool thread, Since im a combat vet, I would utilize group 1, Id carry an M-4 with a nice EO Tech or Acog and as my sidearm id carry an HK Mark 23 or an HK USP 45.

edit on 10-06-2011 by Blu82 because: Forgot to add something

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

point taken

but as the fmse you could avoid these type of situations by simply keeping people from posting this beaten to death type of thread every two days

just go ask.abovetopsecret.com how many times a thread like this has been made...

but i guess some people need their stars badly, and hey we all know you only get stars in thread like this if you reply in the first pages, then all the good weapon combos are taken, and someone needs to start the thread again.

wich mod do i have to pm to get permabanned from here, or how do i keep from seeing w&t threads in my ats?

for the benefit of all parties

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm not a mod.

If you have a problem please hit the Alert button.

My job isn't to shut down every thread.

But to facilitate an educated discussion.

If you think you can do better, without resorting to down talking Americans or posting off topic anti-weapon rhetoric, then please do so. Otherwise post to the topic, or don't post at all.

Others ARE trying to enjoy this discussion.

If you click here it will remove the W & T forum from your queue.
edit on 5-11-2011 by projectvxn because: Fixed link.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
PErsonally I'd carry my AR with 20 inch barrel and VLTOR mod stock along with my cz 82 pistol.

I know the cz 82 is a controversial choice but as my grandpa said "you gots to dance with the one you brung" and that's what I got.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Pretty much anything from Left 4 Dead 2 and I'll be well prepared. :-)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I had been contemplating this for a while and think that I would go with an Bush Master M4 and a Glock 27.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Knowledge.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Dam these threads always leave me felling less manly and vulnerable.

You guys and girls really are starting to make me think on upgrading my advanced weapon kit of, sharpened pencil, nun-chucks, and good ol fashion fists. And lets not forget the most dangerous weapon of all time, using my head that is.... Usually though! Just for headbutting dudes.
.....But I can and do use it in other ways as well.
..... For crushing bear cans, and soda cans.
Nah just messing, I am like a mind Jedi of the highest order.

I don't know much about guns other then a little here and there, and I have fired one at gun ranges once. But never really got that much into it. But dam, I am seriously starting to think on growing a mustache, joining the NRA and getting a licence, all just to brush up on my gun-fu, and so I don't fell so out of place among all you all cool people. And I really mean that.

So which one makes the target go boom?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join