It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Devils Tower (Pictures)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks Sugarcookies!
When I was about 15 years old,we took a family trip to Yellowstone,and that was one of our stops,including the badlands,Mt Rushmore.
After a long drive ,and camping the whole trip coming from the east,I climbed around the whole base of Devil's Tower.
Great pictures!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It was also the first declared U.S. National Monument.

Pretty odd,for a "Christian Nation"!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thank you, kdog1982! We went through the Badlands and Mt Rushmore also..I climbed around the whole base of Devil's Tower to! it was fun but alot of walking but worth it..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Hi On the Edge yep your right

Devils Tower was the first declared National Monument in the United States. President Theodore Roosevelt signed the bill establishing Devils Tower National Monument on September 24, 1906. Wyoming was also the site of the nation's and world's 1st national park, Yellowstone National Park which was established in 1872 by President Ulysses S. Grant. Devils Tower National Monument covers 1,347 acres. peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I remember going to Devil's Tower when I was young.

I didn't want to go because of the name...actually I didn't want to eat devil's cake for the same reason!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
looks like a Huge petrified TREE STUMP>> the first tree, tree of life?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker
looks like a Huge petrified TREE STUMP>> the first tree, tree of life?

The tree of life that would of fell but its stump being petrified by magma...
That would make a pretty good story

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I was on a scout trip back in 1982 to the Black Hills, one of our side trips was to Devil's Tower. On the drive over, we made a stop...I forget the reason, but we were still a few miles away, but could easily see the Tower. From the angle we were at, the formations on the side looked like a giant door in the side of the Tower. Obviously, its just the way the rocks looked from that angle, but...bunch of teen boys, who have all seen CE3K....you could imagine the alien talk that started as we continued towards the Tower.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.

I have been making that thing out of my mash potato now for weeks.

We have a few places like that here in Australia.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I wanted to go to Devil's Tower ever since seeing it on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I finally got to go in 1997 and it was soooo worth it! It's cool driving up to it because you see it getting bigger for miles and miles. If you ever get a chance to go I highly suggest it.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Hi User8911..I suppose if i was a kid the name of the tower would have scared me also thinking it was something creepy...peace,sugarcookie

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

Hi hbarker ..I never thought about it looking like a tree stump but it does! thanks for posting..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

Hello MinMin ,I rember that guy in the movie makeing the tower out of mashed potatoes lol..Just don't dig up your yard and bring it in your house
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Thanks for posting vipertech0596,I can imagine all the alien talk because my husband and i were doing that the closer we got to the tower thinking about the movie..I was hopeing to see a flying saucer but didn't
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Awesome pics!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Hi Alienmojo,I agree if anyone gets a chance to go to the Devil's Tower they should id like to go back next summer we traveled all through South Dakota and Wyoming it was the best trip ever! Thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeDaShom

Thank you JoeDaShom
Peace,sugarcookie1
edit on 5-11-2011 by sugarcookie1 because: cuz

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The seventh picture is one of the offerings you mention right?

Can you tell us more, why do they feel the need?

Thanks for starting this thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"Close Encounters of the Third Kind" is one of my favorite movies! When I saw your thread title that is what I thought of. I have read about this place a few times and it's an interesting place. If I ever get out that way I would love to go there. Thanks for this thread cookie!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

So thats where the 'Close Encounters' was Filmed? Looks smaller in your photos though but still.... nice to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join