It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Space photos!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JunoTheGreat

I concur the beauty of space, is in a class it's own. Instead of a picture of a black dot on a canvas in art galleries, they should use high resolution photos of space; much prettier.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Awesome photos, truly remarkable!

Because of the crap weather we get here in the UK, we seldom get the opportunity to see a decent starry night. I was blessed with the opportunity on Tuesday last week, and was fortunate enough to have my DSLR camera and Tripod with me. Although these in are no way as awesome as seeing gargantuan nebulae, this, I think, is about as close as most of us will ever get to seeing the stars with our own eyes......

Venus

The Milky Way

Venus Again

Venus was cropped from this image...... sorry!

Looking towards the North Star

There is so much beauty up there, but those who are unfortunate to live in Cities and built-up areas are missing out on such a beautiful natural opera.......
edit on 28-11-2011 by shmonkus because: updating photo

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hey junothegreat! Thanks for posting. I have been going to this site most every day for at least 10 years. I have told so many people and posted the info so many times, I just thought everyone probably already knew about it by now. Apparently not!

Just amazing pics throughout its history. Two of my favorites are the Hubble Deep-Field, and the Ultra Deep-Field. I have the Ultra as my computer screen desk-top pic. As a matter of interest, the avatar I am currently using is a screenshot taken from the Hubble Ultra Deep-field on my display screen!

All of the APOD "newbies", please note that the Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) website has all APODS archived since it started in June 1995. So there is a world/universe of pictures to see, along with a lot of good information relative to each pic.

Just a tremendous wealth of information and enjoyment. And yes, there is nothing better than APOD that speaks directly to the unfathomable immensity of this Universe, and to the precept that "this thing" didn't just happen on its own!!! The farthest away galaxy from Earth found so far, is about 14 billion light years away. So, on that basis, I guess we could say the part of the "infinite" universe we know about could be globe shaped, with a diameter of 28 billion light years, and still going! WOW! In miles, that would be 28 billion light years X 6 trillion miles per light year (prox).

Have fun with APOD everyone!

edit on 28-11-2011 by rdunk because: edit

edit on 28-11-2011 by rdunk because: made additional comment

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join