It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Space photos!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by JunoTheGreat

Makes you fell rather small huh?

Beautiful though, kind a makes ya wonder why we're down here chasing money our whole lives, doesn't it?

Very true. I tell people who complain about material things and start drama over little things, that our problems dont mean much to the universe! haha. Alot of people cant wrap there heads around the fact that theres more then what you see on TV out there, and we can get there! We only need the motivation to do so.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Nice photos! Truly breathtaking. I find it amazing that with all of the full color photos that you see from space we have nothing but doctored black and white photos of the moon.

edit on 6-11-2011 by SeekingAnswers1976 because: tried to embed video but it did not work

edit on 6-11-2011 by SeekingAnswers1976 because: Added video

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is so good that i saved it to my documents

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Billions and billions and billions of planets out there but..we're alone..because we're special.

There's only a million different types of species living in a million different types of climates right here on earth..but only earth holds life..yeah,okay!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Cool pictures. Pretty sure that they are mostly false-colour though since we collect a lot of space imagery via sensors of different wavelengths than visible light (infrared/x-rays/radio).

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wow...Thanks for these...these truly make one feel small and insignificant. I wish more ppl would view these and push away the petty problems in life.

S&F

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JunoTheGreat

Originally posted by eeks4

LOL..the list goes on and on....LOL..hey what did you make of the 3rd one..Of yours"....Look to the right..Is that a maybe a real person..It would be something if that was God..take a look

Oh yeah!!! lol i see what your talking about. Yeah, it looks kinda creepy to me, like a ghost haha

I see figures in space too. Imagine the biggest canvas of all... space. And my pallet and brush are an old sun that I make supernova in such a way that it ends up a self portrait. That the sky is full of them (when viewed from the right angle). We just have yet to join the "real community" to go and tour the Space Art Museum... out there.
edit on 6-11-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Wow. So much beauty out there, it is truly breathtaking. Really does blow my mind how we don't have more detailed pictures of the moon when we have such detailed pictures of deep space. hmm...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekingAnswers1976

nice find. The colors up of the moon are truly amazing!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

This is the first web site i go to every day for at least ten years now.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Exactly, but that DOESN'T make it false

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I feel ya. The pictures of distant remnants of stars are pretty much art in itself. EYEGASM

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigvanhorn

This is the first web site i go to every day for at least ten years now.

Haha nice! Me too, but i found it only a couple months ago.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cool beans, O.P. I thought this site was common knowledge. Been using it for my desktop back grounds for a couple years now.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JunoTheGreat
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Exactly, but that DOESN'T make it false

Well considering that these images are created from a different value of the electromagnetic spectrum than visible light, it would actually look different to our naked eyes. Truth is that we can't even see a lot of planetary nebula material or gasses normal. They just appear as shadows or blips of light to us.

Even if we could get close enough to view star formation regions without optical manipulation, the conditions would be so different than on Earth that we would probably fry our eyes just by looking.

Not saying that cosmic imagery is fake or anything... it's just, conveniently enhanced for our imaginative pleasure

i'll tell you one thing though, Saturn sure looks sexy through a telescope. If I was more involved in astronomy, I'd be bringing chicks up into the local observatory so often that I would have a bed up there

edit on 6-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I once read tt it doesn't actually look like that but a black sky with a some stars...
They said the color is just to show what the nebula and stuff is made out from.

I hope it isn't true and it actually looks like that but it does make sense. If it did look like that, where does all that reflecting light (from the nebula) come from?

edit on 6-11-2011 by SolidNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
because we're special.

Yeah were special all right, with a gold star
sorry
Nice OP

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
great picture

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SolidNinja

That's the TRUE color of the pics, but our human eye's aren't able to concieve the full colors. They may not be visible to our unaided eyes, but they're very real. There might be some beings out there that can see the full colors of Nebulas.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I concur the beauty of space, is in a class it's own. Instead of a picture of a black dot on a canvas in art galleries, they should use high resolution photos of space; much prettier.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join