It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.
Ok. So we have the dead lying in their graves for ages rise up and go out into the city. This account appears only once in the bible... and is not referred to anywhere else in the bible.
Now the dead coming back to life is indeed a spectacular event that would have amazed people in any part of the world. It would have been recorded by people other than the writers of the the bible, especially by the Romans governing that region. But we see no such records of the dead rising from the grave in Roman records.
Questions to be raised are many....
1. Where did the resurrected dead go after this?
2. Were they in a state of decomposition or were they restored fully as normal living human beings before walking out of their graves?
3. Did they return to their families and live among people once again?
4. Did they die again?
5. Why is it that they were not spoken of again in the bible?
6. Was this story a hoax inserted into the bible years later?
Curios to know how christians explain this.
edit on 5-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)