It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dramatic moment a pair of 250ft giant sequoias that have stood for 1,500 years fell to the groun

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

If you think the logging of National forests just came under Obama and Bush, you are sadly mistaken and need to do some serious brushing up on your NPS history. It has often been speculated that the NPS was designed just to exploit resources. it has only been the past 20 years or so it has been trying to clean up its imaged. There is logging going on in forests all over the country.

Bioprospecting is the new exploitation by the NPS.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by akiros

*laughs* I wondered the same thing.Though the video take might of ran, and I can't say I wouldn't of run too.

But I can only begin to imagine what the sound is like.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

No Nixie it's been going on for far longer I realize that.

But it was stepped up under Bush and continued under Obama.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
I hope they let those trees just lie there, rebuild the path over them, as they would provide a nice habitat for detritivores and other little animals for a very long time.

Hello from the joiner of dotts, and I agree with your suggestion 100% and was what I thought fitting to there demise they have the right to stay as they are

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Wow what a statement! What a way for mother nature
to tell us to stay the HELL out of her forests ... how ironic for those
beautiful trees to fall right across the walking trail.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I would build a tunnel throught the tree and use the remaining wood to build benches to place along the trail.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

What drugs to you take?
Wow, seeing "mother nature" and that as a 'sign'. Jeez...people sure are crazy these days
Why not cut those into little pieces to show 'mother nature' who's really the boss on this planet?

well, realistically it would be a good idea to do something with them, build a tunnel for the people to walk through

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nature needs to take it's own course, to have those trees go back into the dirt and soil so that it does not become STERILIZED. The Disability association is helping noone out if they coerce (aka blackmail) the government into removing them with guilt attached. People say they want change, the key to change is yourself. That's important to say with this thread as if someone tries to sue the government, to remove those trees, they are unintentionally killing the land, sterilizing it.

Keep the trees as is.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Not enough drugs to put up with your rude comments arsehole!
Grow up! It was just a comment .

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Build a walkway over the trees. Make them part of the experience so others can see them exactly where they fell.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
fell down 1:11pm. Two trees joined as one. Strange.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It's a good thing nobody was in the way. Trees often do fall down in nature, but with nobody there to see it. I guess the fact that it's redwoods is what makes it more interesting.

I'd say to cut out the section obstructing the trail. And then cut the cut-out piece into sections which can then be shipped off to museums. Not everyone can go to that forest, so why not bring a piece of it to other places? Just to show how big these trees are, and to give the public a view of all the tree-rings on a 1500yr old tree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join