It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe: "You Are Entering a Sharia Controlled Zone"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Freeborn

And if you ever spent time in the Middle East, you'd realize that the young generation isn't all that different from us.

I'm sure they aren't.

I am allowed to reject political ideology which is trying to supplant the basic tenants of my citizen and civilian rights.

It is my right. It is my duty as free citizen.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I understand and agree with you about it being illegal etc.....but unfortunately a lot of these women who agree to go to the Sharia courts are either too scared to go to The Police or unaware of their right to.

I really am inclined to believe that these courts are just another example of creeping Islamification.

I've never had the opportunity to visit the Middle East - I was tempted once by a job offer but my personal safety took precedence over my bank balance - but I do know quite a few people of Middle Eastern origin.

Most of them are ok, one or two are close personal friends, some are complete arseholes - nothing to do with race or creed, just that they are arseholes.

It can be quite awkward as I have to keep my Indian and Pakistani friends seperate as they despise each other with a passion that is far worse than anything I have ever experienced from a white person.
I am quite close to some Iranians, one of whom fled Khomeni and has completely renounced Islam and all other religions, yet none of them will mix socially with my Pakistani friends some of whom have also completely renounced Islam.
None of them see anything wrong with it at all.
I also know a couple of Turks quite well, I've done a fair bit of door work with one of them - a cracking lad who I know always has my back.

One thing I will add; the town I live in has a couple of Mosques and whilst there are quite a few Muslims living here nowhere near as many as some other towns and cities in the UK.
Now the thing is nearly everyone of my 'Muslim' friends, all of whom are 'Westernised' and most of whom couldn't really give a toss about religion at all, have told me they have been approached by extremists at one point or another.
The vast majority of Muslims here whilst appearing quite moderate are nowhere near as 'Westernised' as my friends.
If my friends have been approached who knows what else has been / is going on?

Paranoia?
Maybe.
edit on 7/11/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

There are extremists leaders who are encouraging men to look for white women who are single mothers, or not as good looking, to take them as wives. Clean up after the mess of the white boys, and at the same time get extra converts, breeders, locals.

I have three children, I'm attractive, and I don't wear a wedding ring. I've been approached about 4 times now. The look of chagrin on their faces when I bring up my husband is quite amusing - they really hope they don't have to find an uglier one.

Subtler approach, but still there. And yes, there is a difference in their approach. I've been hit on by "persians" quite a few times, so I'm not just assuming based on them being middle eastern.

I've heard some stories, floating around amoungst the gabbing women at the hair salon and the like. Not my usual gossip crowd, but it peeks my ears nonetheless.

I work with quite a number of completely lovely people who are of the Islamic faith. I have no issues with the people, I have issues with the socio-political agenda.
edit on 2011/11/7 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You know, everytime I bring up that up the topic disappears.

I think that the boys might be a little disquieted about the fact that Islamic extremists are specifically using this tactic.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

First you claim it's not important whether or not execution by lethal injection is painful or not..

Yes, it is not important for our debate. Only whether the polled people believe it is so is important.

.and then you ask me whether I believe painful stoning is the same as "relatively painless" (or whatever...you're not even willing to find out if it's painful or not) lethal injection?

Yes. Where is the problem? Answer, please.

Properly executed execution by injection IS painless, that is a basic medical fact. The people are supposed to be under general anesthesia. Thats what US public thinks, too.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Sorry for extreme lateness

The 2002 Mecca girls' school fire happened on March 11, 2002 in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Fourteen pupils were killed. The event was especially notable due to complaints that Saudi Arabia's "religious police" (aka the Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice) stopped schoolgirls from leaving the burning building and hindered rescue workers because the girls were not wearing correct Islamic dress.

en.wikipedia.org...

i guess from the controversy of such bull shiz they tried for reform regulations in 2006 that wouldnt allow them to detain and arrest people

but u can see in the case of Ali Sibat, that the reformation wasnt applied, and he got arrested in 2008 when visiting Saudi Arabia for being a TV psychic in neighbor country Lebanon. he was sentenced to death by beheading but the case got so much international coverage from human rights associations, he was never beheaded but is still serving time i believe. And thats a good ending compared to alot of the others arrested for witchcraft and sorcery type accusations

Some of these sharia people are crazy

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dizTheWiz

Some of these sharia people are crazy

Agreed, but the difference being that Arab Muslims think Saudi is way too extreme and misinterpret the religion. Saudi is a huge anomaly in the Arab world and cannot be used to universally demonise Shari3 law.

Same thing with extremists, Muslims don't recognise them as Muslims. They're just networks of uneducated pawns being manipulated by highly intelligent masochists. Religion is the tool they use to indoctrinate kids and keep them loyal.

Same you know what, different day.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't care if it the Wahabi form, or another one.

No. The concepts in it are not compatible. I don't accept them. They will not be used as a basis of law or civilian law in the West so long as I have the slightest ability to do something about it.

Many People. One Law. No Exceptions.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

very strange that this is happening cinsidering that sharia law is illegal in the EU since 2006!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jayo121

Their numbers are growing in Europe. Thats that main problem...
edit on 12-11-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

It is that all the people of the West have been sold that they need to stop reproducing.... and then the governments brought in other people because there weren't enough of us. Like self-sacrificing your genetic lines in favour of other groups is the least you can do. It is kind of insulting when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Its a testament to how stupid western people are and how cunning the govts are...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The Hudson article is BS. Total nonsense.

It quotes a Jyllands-Posten article from last month as its "proof", however, the article they quote says the exact opposite thing that they are saying.

Salafister frister ikke Tingbjergs unge (Salafis have no support among Tingbjerg's Youth)
(you can use google translate to get a basic gist of the article)

The article says that "Call to Islam" is made up of 7-9 extremists, who have absolutely no support among the muslims in Tingbjerg.
So 7-9 extremists who are unpopular (even with the locals they claim to represent) will police an entire suburb of Copenhagen (with plans to expand) to make sure it is a Sharia-compliant zone?

The article in the OP is nothing more than an inflammatory piece of propaganda. It'd be akin to an article saying "the Westboro Church advocates Biblical Law Zones" (except even that's not accurate, because Westboro has way more than 7 to 9 people). Nobody would care, and everybody would agree "No, they're just a bunch of crazies, they certainly don't represent Christianity".
edit on 13-11-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join