It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decent Fellow Fired for Honest Evaluative Remarks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Source : www.huffingtonpost.com...

I logged into ATS as a member in good standing, and no where in plain sight did I see the
"Search" Tab. This tab should be Top Corner Right of every single ATS Page. That way ,No one
including me would have an excuse for not "searching topics" first.

At any rate, this goodfellow put in his time, and now he is "fired" for his comments.
You have got to be kidding me. Even as a soldier, he has the right to free speech.
Disciplinary action maybe, if he was warned specifically about certain utterances of words,understood,
but "Fired". ? Major investigation needed. For God sakes, is this what happens when the truth is told?
One mans honest opinion. It should be taken into consideration.
When it comes to the point that you have to sacrifice your whole career and viewpoint just to be heard,
the system itself is unjust. We are fighting for Justice are we not? Isn't that the whole point?

Sorry Mods if this has been posted already, but again, the search tab is not always in the spotlight.
If this appears in the wrong topic, my apologies as well.
It appears that I am at your mercy in both respects. Do what you decide proper.
Best Regards, Wildmanimal

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
they didn't take his commission their just sending him somewhere else

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

The guy is free to retire at anytime, pick up his retirement check each month, write books, go on a tour and promote the books.........Hey, he's in the military........there are some things you just don't do or say when you are in such a position as he was.......cuz being in the military means you give up your rights that ordinary Americans believe they have. Meanwhile, he can eventually go on and have a great life and earn lots of money. He's got connections for sure!

Now if he was a private, that would present more difficulties for him.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm wondering what he was thinking by saying this sort of thing?? Didn't watching a Theater Commander be cashiered after the Rolling Stone article teach the ranking officers anything? They might as well retire, as would be proper, before making opinion statements like this. They're going to lose their career over it either way.

Obama is absolutely no better and perhaps even worse than Bush on this issue. He who criticizes the Administration from within the Government in any form, won't be in it any longer. I'd love to hear what these high ranking people have to say, since no one else is willing to say it like it is...it'll just cost them everything in today's climate of petty politics without limits.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bakedbluedevil

Most Certainly you are right, but that is besides the point.
Unless you are suggesting that he "Self Destructed" as an end to a means.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

"There are things that you just dont do or say" in the military.
Why not, is an enlisted person no longer entitled to their freedoms as an American Citizen?
Even as Government Property, would an American Citizen not be entitled to the Freedoms and Rights under current
law of such said Government?
Considering that a Citizen of The United States of America enlists into The Military to enforce and uphold
Those same Rights and Laws as Sworn unto The Constitution of The United States of America?
See my point? I am not trying to argue with you, as I respect the validity of your reply.
However, the fundamental question must be addressed.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my Thread.
Wildmanimal

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well i dont see anything wrong with his comment, He hit the nail on the head if you ask me.
Say it how you see it.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well your observation is valid. Maybe he just wanted to get the hell out of the situation,
and decided that "Hey if I just Blab a bit, not only will I be on the next Flight, but I will get a book deal out of it too." My intuition stabs that in this particular situation, this is not the case. Read what he said.
In his opinion, we are being milked like a cash cow. Think long and hard about Pakistan as well, before you
slam me. They are accustomed to war, and a hell of a lot smarter than you think when it comes to
entrenching the aggressor and milking the Politicos for all they can get.

That has been their Modus Operandi for thousands(yes Thousands) of years.
For you see, they have ancient diplomatic ties to China.
China is lauging its way to the bank.
So you either listen to what this fellow had to say and bail out of there, or you go All In,
and Take it All, The Carpet Bomb and Brutal Way.
Otherwise, at this expenditure rate, China will be making Chopsticks out of our National Forests.
S A V V Y ?
edit on 5-11-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Typo/Grammar

edit on 5-11-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Typo/Grammar

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Yes he most certainly did.
Thanks for your reply.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Isn't Ironic that to join the military you must swear to defend and protect the constitution and the fist thing they do is make you sign a contract stripping you of all those rights...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I hear you Loud and Clear. 5 by 5

Roger That, Whats your Vector Victor?

Be Healthy, Stay Strong.

Lucky Strike, Over and Out.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Believing is seeing is absolutely right.

Just Like,"Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying."

You've got that damn right.

Great Avatar fellow ATS friend.

Heinz 57 (Ketchup with you later)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Indeed.. I enjoyed reading what he had to say, however sad the price he's paid for it has turned out to be. Personally, I think it's time we get out 100%..embassy and all. Just leave them their sandbox and to hell with it all. If we won't fight 100% to win (and obviously we won't) then we'll lose 110% if we don't leave....smartly, as the Brits would say.

Here is hoping the man after Obama has peace as a priority and not peace through the obliteration of everyone who might disagree with us. I think we're all just exhausted from over 10 years of war in different places. I know I sure am.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

by no means only that he maybe they will have him involved in a planing phase for the upcoming attack on Iran and didn't want to alarm the neighbors.

top topics

join