It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It all ends Monday [UPDATED]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
No offense OP...but this is just a frigging joke. Just like the hundreds of other threads predicting that "the next day" is the end of it all....its coming "i swear!".

Ill give u my snipping house if anything like you say happens on monday, you are a joke, and so are all the fearmongers on this site. Enough is a snipping nough....

Looks like an alien got lost and wound up on this site with his anti-fear-mongering hate-mongering.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Perhaps, the few who wield extreme liquidity will be able to scarf up the fallout at a bargain

Except nobody got any liquidity. The liquidity is at an UNSEEN low level. It has never been that low, not even during Lehman.

It will end up that everybody will be FORCED to sell because they don't have money to cover the margins...

So everyone will be selling... and no one will be there to buy... it already happened before... May 6, 2010.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It is what it is....

Who knows what will be....

Que sera, sera.....

Time will tell......

Did I miss one?????

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Does this mean I wont get to play Skryim?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

I think Skyrim is safe...not gonna lose money on that...unless you're supposed to be at work

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This information is pretty much outside my ability to comprehend. Seriously...

If things all fall apart, what was the source? I think that would be the secondary question next to WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO? I live in Canada where we cannot just up and start farms and everything else needed to live... including heat! Our last winter was so brutal that the snow piles everywhere reached +6 feet and temperatures easily dipped to -30 C (-22 F) to -35 C (-31 F) and that does not included the sever droughts AND flooding we experienced during the warm months.

I think I want to ignore this and believe that the problem is fabricated to produce fear in order to keep the populace in line using fear so that the elite can do what they will (without crashing the world economy)..... I hope.

What else can I believe? I live in a suburb and this information does nothing to help me and forget preparing for the worst because it was never an option for me and my family and if this was done by design then I am one of the majority that has been targeted and does not have the funds to be self reliant now or years prior.

-A.S.- Alberta, Canada

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I would love to see the markets crash 10-15 percent on monday. Then war comes and it ends our misery and oppression. The NWO elite people have had it far too long to enslave us. I welcome the crash if it does materialize

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hopefully this will finally pop the bubble of the corrupt financial that we have and throw it into the drain. Out of the rubble, a financial system that is fair and really cares for the people will rise, hopefully also.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
www.theage.com.au...

At least Mr Corzine isnt seeking his departure payment of $12 million.What a swell guy.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm going to play devil's advocate on this one, though cautiously. I am not sure how OP is coming up with "trillions and trillions" needed in margin, when in fact it is more in the millions and millions, maybe up to a billion.

First, commodities (or anything overall) didn't crash in the lead up to this announcement late Friday, and you can guarantee there is always, always front-runners who get wind of these decisions prior to the announcment.

When CME raised its gold and silver margins, both were hammered inexplicably many hours, if not days, beforehand for no apparent reason. Of course, when the decision was actually announced, it had next to no affect on prices as it was already priced in (then proceeded to climb back up).

When billions are at stake, the big players don't hold back, and the CME have never been known for transparency: the impending decision would 100% have been telegraphed to those in the know (it's not like the CME only began thinking of it at 7pm Friday night) who would've offloaded big time Friday afternoon (if such a market-wide sell-off was certain when the announcement hits markets).

I don't see doom over this. CME is just one exchange anyway, and is not the center of the universe as far as trades go. The CME want these new MF accounts as customers, it doesn't want them liquidated and out of the game, as it's their bread and butter. I suspect anyone who can't raise the relatively small percentage in margin will be given a few days to come up with it, and in the meantime their accounts will not be active.

If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, but I just don't see the level of collapse being insinuated on here over this.

edit on 5-11-2011 by cloudbreak because: clairfy

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
So as I understand you, if we are reading this right now, we are already doomed...so it doesnt matter right?

Then why post if its of no help?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

At least when someone refutes the information in the OP, a good reasoned argument is presented.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm as big a Vitchilo fan as the next guy but I gotta say you are overreacting with this a little IMHO.

It's not pretty, don't get me wrong. It's not pretty.

But they will muddle through. More ductape on the fusilage, more extend n' pretend.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
on a selfish note, I would love my mortgage to cease to exist tomorrow, yes, I probably shouldn't have took it on, but hey ho

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The end date of this mess can't be predicted by anyone outside the "cliche". These "monetary" events never have "leaks". Whats the point? There are always some who sniff out the bastards and take defensive measures...but fortunes will be lost and I know who will end with more assets.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FrenchOsage

These events always end with a few gaining more assets. Not worthless paper script...assets.
Always...these groom and then prey on most of us. Semper Fi!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
MF Global made a joke out of US financial integrity. If CME pulls such stunt, many traders will be extremely furious and there will be commotions.

I foresee
■ possible bailout or rescue by Fed on brokerage firms liquidity or
■ another gradual margin hike by CME

Good luck everyone.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
another infamous fearmongering horse manure story submitted by tyler durden.

i would expect markets to do pretty good monday.

the greek pm's balls are in a vicegrip at the minute and they have tweaked it just right to get the result they want. he might actually be out of a job by monday and it doesn't matter because the power has been taken back off the people with the scrapping of the referendum.

next they will shine up another set of ball crushers and this time its for silvio. he needs to be brought to heel.

the boom wont happen monday. an ecnomic collapse like this takes forever. its like a steamroller. its very slowly crushing everything in its path. but its very slow. the phrase 'it can't get any worse' will probably never be uttered again.

(it was interesting watching all the leaders at the G20 meeting at the end of the week. everyone of them looked like they were suicidal. thats not a joke. you could see it clearly in their faces. it wasn't fear. the hope has evaporated)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
What's ten trillion dollars if it doesn't exist?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I say we discuss this after say...next Thursday. Itll be clear. Wait. It all ends Monday. Nevermind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join