It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for artists for a new writing project...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have an idea for a new project with hopes of collaborating with artists from across the Internet.

My idea is to write a fictional history book about a planet of our creation. I have a basic idea of the history and culture, but I need other artists to create artifacts and renderings of "historical" data.

If anyone is interested please reply or send me a private message. Hope some of you out there find this concept interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There was a big war once, and during it they discovered Naquata, a practically unlimited fuel source, which let them build Starships and Stargates. They called those old ones the Ancients.... A time traveler named Daniel Jackson helped them with developing their language. And his partner....

Oh wait, I sense a copyright infringement coming on....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
if for any reason you ever need any music/sounds/fx for anything let me know!

i take inspiration from the universe for my music.

i call it sagan-core

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
if for any reason you ever need any music/sounds/fx for anything let me know!

i take inspiration from the universe for my music.

i call it sagan-core

That would be awesome. This is the type of integration that could create a great story using the Internet as the canvas. For instance, within the world there has been 1000's of years of culture. The idea would be to write a song from that "cultures" world and let those reading the story download and hear that song to create a broader picture for the world in their mind.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The main idea is to create the world through a series of Primers. In a whole they will be called the Tolomathian Primers. As readers go through the series of primers they will discover more about the world. As the number of artists increase, the complexity of the primers will follow.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would love to contribute to this! Message me more information of what you would like me to do.
edit on 4-11-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hmm.... "Choose your own adventure" / "Zork" style, maybe where you make the reader the central character.
Or, create it where multiple readers are making decisions and each becomes a character in the story.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i am a writer and i am at least hearing more of your idea. i'm not quite sure i fully understand the premise but i am intrigued but what i'm picking up. feel free to U2U/PM if you want. i'll at least give it an open ear. i've got a lot of time on my hands right now and it would give me something to focus my energy on.

so...care to elaborate a bit? again...U2U me if you'd rather.

thanks

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If this attempt at beginning a collaborative effort is serious, then it is important that those who agree to join in are willing to stay active with the project and willing make it work.

It's not an easy go and you've only to check out the hard work done by these members on their Space Opera

If you can bring sufficient resources together and make me believe in your project, I would be willing to grant writer status to those involved and let you use the Collaborative Writing forum in the same way as the Space Opera.

You will have your own 'Working thread' (this one, likely) and a seperate thread for the story itself.

I'll be watching developments here and good luck to you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

you know...this sounds fun. i don't want to say i'm all on board...but i will say i'm 100% interested. i've been needing something to put my energy and intentions into. so please keep me posted and give me more info. this could be very neato...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

It might take a few dozen pages here before anything starts to gel, but I'm all for collaborative efforts. They can be a lot of fun for everyone.

We'll see how this works out.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanx to everyone who has shown interest thus far. I will be contacting everyone private msg soon.

Thanx Masqua for taking notice and offering the help. That will be something to discuss at a later time. This thread is mostly for recruiting potential contributors and most of the work will be done off of ATS. But, I know there's a lot of creative, energetic ppl here and ATS was my first place to look for others to work with.

I also hope this thread can find new contributors down the road and give current contributors a place to chat outside the development site.

That being said I'd like to give a bit more detail on what the project entails. I was looking for nibbles last night and now I'm looking for bites.

I would serve as "editor-in-chief" for this project. This is just because to get things moving at first we need a dictator not a committee
However, once the project has become large enough I would like contributors to elect an editorial board with the board members overseeing certain aspects of the project.

The final project(as in the first Primer) is intended to be published digitally for e-readers and to be sold via the various e-book stores. Distribution of profits will need to be worked out. I hope someday to have it published in hard copy format.

The idea is that the reader of the book will be a "student" on our planet enrolled in a "study program". The Primer is written by a group of scholars living in "modern times" (the scholars being the contributors).

The first Primer is to be an Introduction to Planetary Culture and will cover brief aspects of each of the various cultures and their histories. Subsequent Primers can go into detail on different aspects of the cultures as the "student" progresses through their "studies".

"Intro. to PlantCult." will consist of several sections, breaking down the timeline of the planet into those sections. For instance (1)Tolomathian Dominance (2)Dark Age (3)The Restoration (4)Altrean Republic Times, etc... Each section would cover the birth, growth, and death of certain cultures throughout the planet.

Here's a map of the planet (Guruna). It was created using a fractal world generator here: donjon.bin.sh...

Here's my notes so far:

Tolomathian Empire
A large, agrarian-based empire encompassing a fertile plain. This civilization was a peaceful one, using iron for agricultural purposes. The secret of making iron was kept under strict control of a group of elders known as the Sukuri.
Law and order was kept by a system of Field-Kings who oversaw the operation of vast acres of land. The families of the Field-Kings were the descedents of the families who had mastered the art of irrigation, farming, cultivation and other tools of civilization.
The Legend of Shoanna tells of a Sukuri named Frawnn who breaks his vow of celibacy and falls in love with a Proterran slave name Shoanna. The Proterrans were a nomadic people to the east of the mountains. Eventually, Frawnn and Shoanna escape back to her people where the art of working iron is taught to the Proterrans.
The Tolomathian Empire eventually fell to the agressive Proterrans who, using iron technology against the Tolomathians would subdue their former masters and bring the world into an Age of Darkness.

Proterran Society
With most of the Sukuri killed or dispersed and the Field-King families broken up, civilization fell into decay. The primitive Proterrans lacked the knowledge to repair and fully utilize Tolomathian technology. Most of it was scrapped and turned into a machine of war.
At birth, children were taken to Acadamy (usually at a former Tolomathian City) where they were taught the basics. Both males and females were treated as equals, weeding out the weakest of both sexes
Upon Graduation the Recuits were sent to one of the Encampments for further training.

Calovareans
Masters of the Sea, the Calovareans lied just to the southwest of Tolomath, across the Tolomathian Straits.
Following the destruction of the Tolomathian Empire, many surviving Sukuri took refuge in the Calovarean Kingdoms. Their knowledge was highly useful in advancing the fledgling Calovareans.

Tralashans
Very little is known about the Tralashan civilization. Located southeast of Tolomath, the Tralashan Islands are a ring of mostly tropical and subtropical islands.
Overgrown ruins abound and the strange script of the Tralashans has yet to be deciphered as no codex has been found.
The descendents are a quiet and spiritual people. Their myths are filled with “Those From Above” called The Hagwyn.
Tralashans claim their land was once whole but was shattered in a time of Retribution. Their Gods, once pleased with the people caused fire to errupt from the ground, destroying their once great land.

Again, thanx for listening everyone and I'll be in touch soon.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
One more thing. We're going to need artwork (pictures/paintings, 3d renderings of archaelogical sites, artifacts like pottery and jewelry, etc.) for the Primer. So, if anyone involved does work like that or knows someone who does artwork like that please try to involve them as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm up for it. I definitely love writing as you can see my many poems/stories on here and I need little motivation to create something awesome.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've sent msgs to everyone who expressed an interest. Love to hear back from everyone when they have time. The work site is up and running.

new topics

top topics

join