It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing FEMA announcement, Nov. 9th, 2011, and.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
So many people on this site...

...need to take a break from this site.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Why??
What were you expecting to read from a site called: ABOVE TOP SECRET!!??

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GFDGFS

Oh, get over it. Not everything has to be a conspiracy. A little common sense, a healthy dose of science, a sprinkling of logic, and a dash of skepticism is a good mix.

But some have such blinders on that there can be nothing but doom n' gloom under every (incoming celestial) rock.

Cheers. Oh, and I can do this too.---->

edit on 5-11-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12

Originally posted by Vandalour
Asteroid 2005 YU55 going to crash into our faces or near it..
FEMA test just in case it should crash into face

Possible, but they knew about this Asteroid for a long time, why wait till the week of the Asteroid is closest to us to TEST a system that is suppose to warn us of incedents. If that's the case shouldn't they have tested this system a month or months ago?
edit on 4-11-2011 by Quetzalcoatl12 because: (no reason given)

Because they had to know when it "could* hit earth before they could plan the "test"
and its not a test

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
As a responder involved in a lot of these this year...I have one question for anyone who cares to answer.

How would you want all of us to train for all different events, disasters, emergencies, plane crashes, virus breakouts....if we dont do it?

I think youll be part of society that expects help and us to get to you and you out of harms way with medical assistance for you and your families....but when we practice and drill for them...you cry "conspiracy".

Maybe we all should just dump our med bags, throw away our go-kits and not care to get the procedures right. If you all dont care...why should I? These drills take time and money and me away from my family. For what?

Most of you apparently could care less. So when help doesntt come...remember you bitched about those drills and EAS's tests and all else.

Fine then. Ill go and play cards instead of drilling for the next earthquake, chemical disaster, hurricane, bio-warfare, train derailment, search and rescue etc, etc, etc....all of which we've done this year.

I think some of you in case of some national emergency should just grab your IPOD that wont work, families and hang signs around your necks "Leave us behind! We dont believe this is happening. Its a conspiracy!"

And we'll just leave you behind... and bleeding on your steps.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

EXERCISE PACIFIC WAVE 11

This is from the Unesco website. Maybe this is the real reason for the cutting of funding by the US?

Is this a warning from Unesco?

Page 25 shows where the simulated tsunami would originate from.

This is an exercise in operation from November 9 - 10, 2011.

This thread also outlines the mysterious red x that appeared from NASA during the Elenin days. In the exact same spot. Coincidence?

edit on 5-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Where I live, we have these tests once a week for every month so that the 911 centers here can see whether or not the system needs to be worked on before an emergency happens. The system in place here is set up so that if any of the 911 centers around my area need to use it. They can activate it from their communications center or by calling the National Weather Service office. With all of the chemical plants and other industries around here. It has came in handy quite a few times over the years. We've had the current system in place for somewhere close to twenty years. Then again, a lot of us around here are so used to living around the chemical plants that we won't even pay attention to the test. The only times that it has been used around here are for chemical leaks, weather warnings, and AMBER Alerts. In fact, the last time it was activated for a major emergency in my county was when Bayer CropSciences blew up at Institute, West Virginia. If any major emergency happens around here. I'll know about it on my police scanner way before I'll hear it on the television or the radio.

Surprisingly enough, the national Emergency Alert System has never been activated due to any emergency. This is going back to the days of the old Emergency Broadcast System. No president has used the the EAS or its predecessors in the past fifty years. Wasn't used during the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Kennedy Assassination, the Oklahoma City Bombing, or on 9/11. In all the years that this and the other systems have been in place around the country. You would have thought that it would have been tested like this before in years past. If something is actually going to go down on Wednesday. I'll believe it when I see it happen. Until then, we'll just have to wait and see what does or doesn't happen.

All that I can say about the Federal test next Wednesday is that its going to amount to this.
"This is a test of the National Emergency Alert System. This is only a test."

edit on 5-11-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I bet this time comes and goes with no major event.

Although , a part of my gut, a tiny part, feels like November could be something special..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I haven't read through the entire thread yet, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the Hawaiian time zone goes hand in hand with the entire Pacific Tsunami Warning that is always being "tested" on the 9th-10th.

Source

Again, I don't know if this has been covered yet (it's too early in the morning for me to do that much reading), but I found the connection interesting.

~FugitiveSoul

[eta] it appears the lad two posts above mine had the same idea, so I'm not alone in my speculation. Interesting.

edit on 5-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
To the OP:

We had a fire drill at work the other day. No joke.

Does that mean that someone there is planning on starting a fire in our office? Of course it doesn't. The same applies to your EAS test.
edit on 5-11-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
...have none of you stopped to consider that HAST is the first time zone that is part of the US, and that perhaps it's that simple? Start with the first time zone and then roll onward to continental US?

Umm, the Earth rotates in the other direction, EST is the first US time zone, HAST is the last.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
No smoke without fire youre saying? Whats even more disturbing to me is that more and more of these scenrios are taking place, mors drills eas etc... Why?

Welcome to the NWO freind.

because they know something big is going to happen and they are not telling us diddly squat. Whether or not it relates to 2012 I don't know, but I smell a bunch of rats, and they will save their self before they save us,

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

Originally posted by TheMindWar
No smoke without fire youre saying? Whats even more disturbing to me is that more and more of these scenrios are taking place, mors drills eas etc... Why?

Welcome to the NWO freind.

because they know something big is going to happen and they are not telling us diddly squat. Whether or not it relates to 2012 I don't know, but I smell a bunch of rats, and they will save their self before they save us,

If that was the case then why would they bother with a warning system at all? Please, use some common sense and snap out of your paranoia.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I worked in radio for 7 years and spent my lunches with the engineering department, so I can understand why they shortened the test time. According to a release I read yesterday it is an equipment problem.

The Nov. 9 test was originally scheduled after a deadline for the implementation of the new Common Alerting Protocol, or CAP, an XML-based data exchange format allowing alerts to be broadcast simultaneously over multiple types of systems, eliminating the daisy chain. Broadcasters were supposed to be CAP-compliant in September, but due to the timing of equipment coming to market among other factors, the deadline was moved to next June.

That makes perfect sense to me as to why they would shorten the time. One of my objections to this test has always been the disclaimer that the "this is a test" text crawl might not work in some areas, along with the graphic. Seems I was right in that regard.

The absence of CAP in the nationwide Nov. 9 test caused concern for the cable industry because many systems won’t be able to run a text crawl identifying the alert as a test. National Cable and Telecommunications Association chief Michael Powell wrote to FEMA administrator Craig Fugate in mid-October asking for a postponement of the test so as not to incite panic among deaf and hard-of-hearing cable subscribers.

FEMA confirmed the shortening of the Nov. 9 test, but did not say specifically if the agency did so to reduce the chance of an unintended reenactment of “War of the Worlds.”

I actually posted that I feared "War of the Worlds" chaos in another thread. Having worked in broadcast I know how some people react when their favorite radio or TV station goes all wonky.

So I understand why they have shortened it, but what I don't understand is why go through with the test at all if the system is not ready. Plus I'm disturbed by the original name of the system, "Presidential Emergency Action Notification" and it originates from the White House and it is a push to all stations that can not be overridden. I know that probably shouldn't bother me, but it does.

Source of the release for the above text can be found here.

OiO

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Not sure if this was asked yet, but does anybody know if satillite tv will be affected?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Not sure if this was asked yet, but does anybody know if satillite tv will be affected?

I have read that some will participate, but I have also read that they are required to participate, I can't see to find a clear answer. I have internet searched my provider, Dish Network, and it looks like they will be running the test.

OiO

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
'YU55 is actually a spaceship.

"Something wonderful" is going to occur. Be ready to celebrate!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Looks like I will be on my 360 playing Call of Duty, GTA and Battlefield that morning to get in some more practice before the SHTF...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

There is a reason as to why they wouldn't be telling us anything if something was going to happen. That reason being as to not to cause widespread panic that would encircle the nation. That's if anything were to come out before that saying something was going to happen next Wednesday. You don't really have to look too far back when it comes down to something causing a widespread panic. All you have to do is look at the mass panic that took place during the original CBS Radio broadcast of H.G. Wells "War of the Worlds." The panic that occured then was due to people listening to the radio program that had actually tuned in late on the broadcast.

I mean would you want to be held responsible for the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands, of people just because someone inadvertently said that an asteroid or a meteorite were heading towards Earth when in fact it would not have been? I know for one I couldn't live with myself afterwards if I were the one who said it.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

Sounds like you're about ready to commit suicide and travel to that spaceship in your astral body too!

Given it was discovered in 2005 don't you think something might have made us aware of it then?

I think its just an asteroid, but one that may hit.
edit on 5-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join