It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing FEMA announcement, Nov. 9th, 2011, and.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
....It's the announcement of a test of the NATIONWIDE EAS.

That's not the disturbing part. Let me explain, briefly. A while ago, I signed up at Ready.gov, the government's website for disaster preparation. I filter a lot of information through email.

Today, I got an email from them:

FEMA, FCC Announce Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System.
Similar to local Emergency Alert System tests, this test is scheduled for November 9, 2011 The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The national test will occur on Wednesday, November 9 at 9 a.m. (HAST) and may last up to three and a half minutes.

That's the first part of the email, and I wondered WTF HAST time was. Why not post it UTC, or EST, and let everyone else adjust their local time. Three and a half minutes for a test, ok....it's nationwide, right?

I googled HAST time.

HAST – Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (source)

Why would they base a test from that TZ?

Here's the rest of the email:

The EAS is a national alert and warning system established to enable the President of the United States to address the American public during emergencies. NOAA's National Weather Service, governors and state and local emergency authorities also use parts of the system to issue more localized emergency alerts. Similar to local EAS tests that are already conducted frequently, the nationwide test will involve broadcast radio and television stations, cable television, satellite radio and television services and wireline video service providers across all states and the territories of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa. On November 9, the public will hear a message indicating that "This is a test." The audio message will be the same for both radio and television. Under the FCC's rules, radio and television broadcasters, cable operators, satellite digital audio radio service providers, direct broadcast satellite service providers and wireline video service providers are required to receive and transmit presidential EAS messages to the public. A national test will help the federal partners and EAS participants determine the reliability of the system and its effectiveness in notifying the public of emergencies and potential dangers nationally and regionally. "A national test of our Emergency Alert System, with the vital communications support and involvement of participants, is a step towards ensuring that the alert and warning community is prepared to deliver critical information that can help save lives and protect property," said Damon Penn, FEMA's Assistant Administrator of National Continuity Programs. "Because there has never been an activation of the Emergency Alert System on a national level, FEMA views this test as an excellent opportunity to assess the readiness and effectiveness of the current system. It is important to remember that this is not a pass or fail test, but a chance to establish a baseline for making incremental improvements to the Emergency Alert System with ongoing and future testing. It is also important to remember that the Emergency Alert System is one of many tools in our communications toolbox, and we will continue to work on additional channels that can be a lifeline of information for people during an emergency." "The upcoming national test is critical to ensuring that the EAS works as designed," said Jamie Barnett, Chief of the FCC's Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau. "As recent disasters here at home and in Japan have reminded us, a reliable and effective emergency alert and warning system is key to ensuring the public's safety during times of emergency. We look forward to working with FEMA in preparation for this important test." Over the past two years and as part of ongoing national preparedness planning efforts, FEMA, the FCC and other federal partners, state, local, tribal and territorial governments, Emergency Alert System participants and other stakeholders have been working toward making this test a reality. As the federal, state, tribal, territorial and local governments prepare for and test their capabilities, this event serves as a reminder that everyone should establish an emergency preparedness kit and emergency plan for themselves, their families, communities, and businesses. Anyone can visit www.Ready.gov for more information about how to prepare for and stay informed about what to do in the event of an actual emergency. For more information on this test visit: www.fema.gov...

Go back and read that first sentence again. Now on to the disturbing part. I got a second and third email shortly thereafter:

Email #2:

CORRECTION: the test last 30 seconds, not 3 minutes and 30 seconds as previously indicated. FEMA, FCC Announce Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System Similar to local Emergency Alert System tests, this test is scheduled for November 9, 2011 The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The national test will occur on Wednesday, November 9 at 9 a.m. (HAST) will last 30 seconds. The EAS is a national alert and warning system established to enable the President of the United States to address the American public during emergencies. NOAA's National Weather Service, governors and state and local emergency authorities also use parts of the system to issue more localized emergency alerts. Similar to local EAS tests that are already conducted frequently, the nationwide test will involve broadcast radio and television stations, cable television, satellite radio and television services and wireline video service providers across all states and the territories of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa.

The email was longer, but was only repetitive of the first.

Email #3:

Test is scheduled for 2:00 PM ET/11:00 AM PT FEMA, FCC Announce Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System Similar to local Emergency Alert System tests, this test is scheduled for November 9, 2011 The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The national test will occur on Wednesday, November 9 at 2:00 PM ET/11:00 AM PT and will last 30 seconds. The EAS is a national alert and warning system established to enable the President of the United States to address the American public during emergencies. NOAA's National Weather Service, governors and state and local emergency authorities also use parts of the system to issue more localized emergency alerts.

I am disturbed by several factors. First, they released incorrect information. They had to ammend it. Twice. Couldn't whoever is in charge of that department got it right the first time? Why use HAST at all?

Secondly, this test takes over ALL airwaves, to give the POTUS the ability to speak to everyone at the same time in case of an emergency.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Since I ran out of room, I just wanted to add that an economic collapse IS a national emergency. The POTUS can enact an Executive Order, and FEMA and DHS take control. Now, they have the ability to take over ALL airwaves as well?

How far will this go?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
yeah there is way to many test going on all at once this month.... whats going on?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No smoke without fire youre saying? Whats even more disturbing to me is that more and more of these scenrios are taking place, mors drills eas etc... Why?

Welcome to the NWO freind.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Good find. This makes me think of NASA's emergency preparedness release and also the ridiculously perfect timing of getting into a confrontation with Iran. Like many threads up now about the few running the many, were just in it for the ride.

R5

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's only a test.... because they are going to start WW-III on 11/11/11 and need to make sure the EAS is working properly... Hope you have balls of steel cause it's going to get ugly.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Since I ran out of room, I just wanted to add that an economic collapse IS a national emergency. The POTUS can enact an Executive Order, and FEMA and DHS take control. Now, they have the ability to take over ALL airwaves as well?

How far will this go?

As far as i know, there's always been a EAS ever since I can remember, and have always know that in the event of an national emergency, the gov will take over all radio,tv and prolly internet capabilities, it's just something I've always known, and quite expect to happen at any time...

and yes.. the POTUS WILL and CAN enact ANY EO at any time,

but for them to us HAST time.. I have NO idea..

edit on 4-11-2011 by Komodo because: removed last sentence ..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. It will be interesting to see how this whole thing develops in the next few weeks. Stay safe out there everyone, and peace be to you all.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Are you the only person signed up there? They sure seem to have alot of time and correspondence with you

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Am i going mad? it's not the first national EAS test, that was conducted in June or July, it maybe the first thats FEMA lead.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
FEMA Website actually lists the start time of the test to take place at 2pm EST...I wonder if your e-mail alert system is linked somehow to a different IP address of transmission and this is why it is showing up in HAST?? Just spitballin...If you pull up websites like MSN, you might notice the favorites location changes, depending on where you are logging on...I can log onto these websites from various locations and sometimes my favorites and location changes to New York or Nevada...I have to make the change back to my home location...and this happens even if I log on to a different wireless IP or Ethernet location... Anyway, in writing on their own website...2 pm EST...

www.fema.gov...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

It's the first one conducted across ALL broadcast stations of ALL kinds, across ALL media at the same time and initiated from a single point in the executive branch of the government. It's that focus of power, across ALL of this at once, that is getting everyone's attention. This is a first in U.S. history for centralization of communications, even for emergency broadcast.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

How far will this go?

It will go far enough for there to be blood in the streets. Whether or not Nov. 9th is the starting day is unknown to me, but I seriously doubt any change will occur without those in power trying everything in their power to stop it. That means martial law.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Your source for HAST makes it kind of hard to pinpoint exact time this will take place;

"Only some locations are currently on HAST, because most places there are currently on Daylight Saving Time.
Locations that are on HAST part of the year are currently on HADT (Hawaii-Aleutian Daylight Time)."

Maybe that's why they're using it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm sure the president can also initiate Presidentail Directive 51(aka martial law) if he wanted to through this system as well.

However back to your point about the first email with the Hawaian time zone, that is just bizarre. Even if FEMA and the FCC had their main headquarters operating out if Hawaii, still using this time zone is strange. Maybe they are telling us something via the first email? Maybe they wanted to confuse the people in traditional time zones into NOT tuning in? If so why? Or maybe it truly was a mistake, which I would highly doubt, as you said why wouldn't they get it right in the first email?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I got to thinking about time zones..November 9th and hawaii and something occurred to me.

Obama will be at this event:

APEC USA 2011

I know he's there for social events with other leaders on the 12th and 13th....but this runs right through the 9th. Coincidence? Hmm..The time zone choice in interesting in light of this.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting, I just saw a commercial on tv about the test this afternoon. It was on FX here in the US (I'm in Cali) and was specific for my timezone. I did hear that the test was cut down to 30 seconds to avoid a "War of the Worlds" scare but that seems odd to me. I first heard of the test and read the announcement on the FEMA website quite awhile back. Why wait till just before the test to change anything? Maybe to cause confusion? I have no idea, but I'll be getting the popcorn ready early that day...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

How far will this go?

It will go far enough for there to be blood in the streets. Whether or not Nov. 9th is the starting day is unknown to me, but I seriously doubt any change will occur without those in power trying everything in their power to stop it. That means martial law.

I don't think anything will happen on 11/9 but possibly the days, weeks or months after. To me it sounds like a warning to those who need to know. What if THEY know something that even THEY can't stop? Then the question will be when?
edit on 4-11-2011 by Quetzalcoatl12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I haven't heard this mentioned yet on any threads or posts about this (there are quite a few)....

the tinfoil hatter in me thinks that this would be a great way to send a signal to the masses, maybe some messed up frequency to turn us all into zombies ala Steven Kings "Cell"

Surely its unlikely, but I probably won't have any TV's or radios in my vicinity at that time on 11/9....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Asteroid 2005 YU55 going to crash into our faces or near it..
FEMA test just in case it should crash into face

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join