It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euclid Street Cars Found Smashed In DC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wasn't really sure where to post this story. If you follow the link and check out the pictures of the damage you really have to wonder what kind of vehicle does this and continues on its way.

Whatever smashed a series of cars and SUV's on a residential DC street had to be powerful and also extremely inconsiderate.
It happened at the 1000th block of Euclid Street, NW. "It" in this case is the whole block of cars damage, some of them beyond recognition, by a force of what could be described as "very powerful." 9NEWS NOW's photographer and reporter on the scene said it was unlike anything they have ever seen out side of a serious wreck on the highway. When 9NEWS NOW called police, they said they knew nothing about the incident, which either just happened or has gone ignored for most of the morning and early afternoon.

source

maybe a backhoe?
edit on 11/4/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I didn't have volume on the video, so maybe it got mentioned, but the article says that someone drove down the street doing damage, but then "fled on foot". So, based on that comment, whatever this person was driving was still there then, right? Any word on it, because it did some massive damage. As the OP mentioned, a backhoe? Or a tank?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Drove down the street in what?! It looks like a news segment out of a horror movie when some horrible destructive force has made it's destruction debut.

That much carnage and the subject fled on foot. No mention of what he was driving. The Hulk?

Good catch.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Good point I guess I missed that line of the article. I didn't know they had recovered a suspect vehicle.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They showed tire tracks and stated they were from the mysterious vehicle. The tracks appeared normal size to me but the shot was fairly brief and from a distance.

I'll look forward to a follow up on this one.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I would like to know if they did in fact recover a suspect vehicle. Seems only implied at this point. Sure is a lot of damage to the roofs of many of the vehicles. Weird stuff regardless

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

If you follow the link and check out the pictures of the damage you really have to wonder what kind of vehicle does this and continues on its way.

maybe a backhoe?
Yup, a high speed pursuit in a backhoe lol.

Did nobody listen to the video?

Tire track on top of 1 car. She then said that the original vehicle had flipped over, and landed on a different car. I will admit that they didn't actually come out and state, "This is the original vehicle that caused this mess", but where did you come up with the comment of, "..... and continues on its way"?

Police would not officially confirm, but she said it was a possible drunk driver, who was being pursued by cops. Luckily, nobody was killed, but this seems like it is just more proof that police need to back off, and not get involved in a high speed pursuit, while in a residential area.

edit on 11/4/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Considering the amount of damage, how is it that nobody heard and saw this while it was happening?

I am amazed that whomever did this was also able to flee on foot. Don't you know though, God looks out for drunks and fools!

You know this HAS to be alcohol related!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thanks for that I am unable to watch the video and was going only off the article Wait if it was a police pursuit, how did that not know anything about it?

I'm still a little puzzled Oh well whats new

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Illuminati. lol Some times they like to have fun! Hey guys lets go on a joy ride
As long as it harmed none...It follows by the rule of law. We need some form of entertainment on the news.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Justme888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I just watched it again. Apparently, there were 2 people in the 'suspect' vehicle. Both got out, and walked away from the scene. The female passenger was caught by police, but the driver ran. Don't think they actually said if the driver was a male, but I assume it probably was. That was just what one of the witnesses/residents said. The reporter said nothing about it, that I noticed.

edit on 11/4/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thanks again BrokenCircles must have been quite a wreck
So what they got up on the parked vehicles with two wheels?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justme888
reply to post by iforget

Illuminati. lol Some times they like to have fun! Hey guys lets go on a joy ride
As long as it harmed none...It follows by the rule of law. We need some form of entertainment on the news.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Justme888 because: (no reason given)

Not sure if it was Illuminati...Just having fun! Harm none.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Your welcome. It does seem strange though, that they didn't really give any details about the 'suspect vehicle'. The reporter did refer to it as a 'car', when she was pointing at the tire tracks, and said that it had landed on the jeep....... but I don't know where the hell it went.

I randomly clicked a few of the pictures, to see if any said that it was in fact the 'suspect vehicle'. I didn't find anything about that, but I found something else that was much better.

This guy. He probably hasn't smiled that big in years.

At first I thought that it was maybe his neighbors, or maybe roommates car. After thinking about it though, I think it is probably his car. My guess is that his first thought was, "ChaChing$$$$. New Car!!!! I've always hated that piece of crap, but couldn't afford another."

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
but where did you come up with the comment of, "..... and continues on its way"?

"Early Friday morning a suspect travelling in a vehicle on the 1000 block of Euclid Street NW, collided with several parked vehicles and fled the scene on foot without making his identity known. Police are in the process of determining the identity of the suspect and would be issuing a warrant for his arrest

Found in the article from the OP.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This article from myfoxdc.com says the suspect was driving a car and flipped it:

WASHINGTON - A path of destruction was left along Euclid Avenue northwest on Friday. You can see the wreckage of shattered glass and smashed cars left behind. D.C. police say they were trying to make a traffic stop around 2 a.m. when the suspect tried to get away. In the process, they claim the driver hit several cars in the 1000 block and flipped his car. Police arrested one suspect, the other got away. Read more: www.myfoxdc.com...

edit on 11/4/2011 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What I am having a hard time with is what the hell kind of "car" can do this kind of damage? A monster truck? I mean some of these have damage on their roofs, like something drove over top of them. This is one of those occasions where having CCTV cameras would have been nice.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Cue the "The Twilight Zone" music.

There is damage to the upper top of a couple of cars...how the hell did the "suspect" do that?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

I suppose if you saw it happen it would have made perfect sense

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Justme888

the story is amusing thanks for the musical interlude

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join