It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Urgent: Ships BOARDED by Israeli Navy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
But if you want the Israeli side of the story which is almost never in the media, Netanyahu claims they have been trying to offer peace and resolutions to the Palestinians several times and they won't even come to the table and negotiate. (That's his point of view).

Actually that's been on tv many times and Israel has been saying the same thing for decades (lol) they have met already on multiple occasions, Israel doesn't seek peace they want to expand.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The key question is the location.
Is the report right or wrong when they say the incident took place in international waters?
If the boarding took place within Israeli bounds, the criticism has no legal leg to stand on.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Another part to this question :

How far down the coast of Gaza does Isreali water go. The coastal waters of most countries do not extend past the "common" boarders with it's neighboring country.

I think everyone would be interested in seeing a map which can be used to establish just where the different waters are located. It should also show where international waters lie.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Does the name of the news source suggest that they may have a bias?

If you don't have a bias about subjects like this then you don't have a brain either.

It's clearly wrong and illegal.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Israel is a tiny country surrounded by enemies on all sides,

Thanks for the geography lesson. I always thought it was about 3000 miles wide and spanned 3 time zones. My bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

DieBravely,

I appreciate your confidence and information on the subject, please let me use you as a resource. How do you know that it is clearly illegal? What law has Israel broken? How do we deal with the last UN report that said it was legal?

Charles1952

p.s. I may have a bias, but I try to keep it out of the way. As to whether I have a brain? I'm not sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Give me a break so they boarded two yachts going to Gaza. Enough we these stupid protesters...
Israel should just start shooting at these boats, that will teach them a lesson!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Without being an expert on international law, my best guess is that until Gaza ranks as an independent state, it has no national waters, so the coastal waters would still count as Israeli.
That must be the case, since otherwise an Israeli blockade would be impossiible.

edit on 4-11-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by hdutton

Without being an expert on international law, my best guess is that until Gaza ranks as an independent state, it has no national waters, so the coastal waters would still count as Israeli.
That must be the case, since otherwise an Israeli blockade would be impossiible.

Or it could be out of Israeli waters including the area around Gaza, reports would have stated it was in disputed waters if what you said was true.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
reply to post by Domo1

It was a peaceful, routine, security check to ensure that no weapons were being smuggled into Gaza, because the aid ships purposely veered into territory to challenge Israel's legal blockade.

The difference this time around is that the Israeli naval officers weren't greeted by metal pipe wielding animals on board the ships.

This is true, but there's also another side to the original story of the boarding(s) - both these and the boardings last year. The goods intended for the people of Gaza WERE GIVEN to the people of Gaza after the flotillas were inspected, and the goods deemed dangerous (such as the masses of weaponry that were hidden onboard) were removed.

But as someone earlier pointed out... Gaza is in much less need of aid than most people seem to think. All it takes is a simple google image search for "gaza markets".

Source: www.thejerusalemconnection.us...

Now, I'll openly admit that thejerusalemconnection is a biased source. However, the sources quoted in the article are not Jewish; they're arab... and this is only one source among many that verify the situation in Gaza.

I also find it interesting that for decades, Egypt has also blocked access to Gaza - and yet there is never an Arab outcry over THAT part of the scenario. Now, why is that?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
People...are we all ready for a game of poker...!

edit on 4-11-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by hdutton

So, do what do we do next ?

Change to name of the Mediterranian Sea to the "Sea of Isreal" or maybe "Lake Isreal" ?

Actually, I like "Lake Isreal" myself ! It has more of a sound of ownership.

Don't you think ???

If I remember correctly. There was once a country that thought this Sea was their own.

Now their empire is history.
edit on 5-11-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
So, do what do we do next ?

Change to name of the Mediterranian Sea to the "Sea of Isreal" or maybe "Lake Isreal" ?

How does this follow from my suggestion that they still had legal authority over the coastal waters of Gaza?
It comes back to my first question- where exactly did the incident take place? We need a neutral observer with GPS.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Could not agree more about an independent observer; "truely independent" !

But first there needs to be total implymentation of "knowable" boundries and respect for those boundries by all parties concerned.

I do not think we will get this until both groups will confirm the existance of deffinate boarders.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yes, why in the world would Israel want to examine the content of the boats? I can't imagine. The Palestinians are so trustworthy. They wouldn't hurt a fly.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1

With all due respect, it seems as if they are being portrayed as the bully. Israel is a tiny country surrounded by enemies on all sides, and yes, they do have to take the necessary precautions to protect themselves.

Israel is an arbitrarily created state. The so called settlers chose to go and live there, chose to turf people out of their homes to do so. If they feel they are surrounded by enemies - tough. Guess what goes around comes around.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Yes, why in the world would Israel want to examine the content of the boats? I can't imagine. The Palestinians are so trustworthy. They wouldn't hurt a fly.

You are missing the point. It wasn't Palestinians bringing the stuff in.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
But first there needs to be total implementation of "knowable" boundries and respect for those boundries by all parties concerned.

I've already offered you my best guess on the legal situation, subject to correction from somebody with more training;
ie That the national waters of Israel are deemed to stretch down to the border witth Egypt, and out to some conventional distance from the coast.

If the interception took place outside this stretch of water, the Israelis are guilty of acting in international waters.
If the convey had already moved within this stretch, then the Israelis are not guilty of acting in international waters.

edit on 7-11-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I don't think I've missed the point, but thanks for your kind assistance.

To whom are the goods being delivered? Are there people on the outside who would venture to send into Gaza more than ordinary supplies? Would this be an opportunity to slide them weaponry, such as materials to make bombs which can then be hurled into Israel? Oh, I forgot. They wouldn't do that. They are too peace loving. As I said, they wouldn't hurt a fly.

Do you honestly believe they examine these boats because they want people to starve?
Examining the content is necessary to preserve lives. The supply boats continue on their way once examined.
Good grief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join