It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Warfare Camping song

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
have you ever noticed when playing cod, the people who send you hatemail about camping are always the scrubs at the bottom of the scoreboard?

Absolutely not the case I'm used to seeing. Just got back from an 18 game win steak with my clan friends, and didn't get less then 20 kills a game once.

In my experience with MW, it seems that snipers and campers usually get about 5-10 kills a game, where as runners tend to pull in 20-30.

But then again, we are try-hard runner gunner dirt bags who take the game entirely too serious.

MM

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Where do you draw the line between cover and camping?

Is that something anyone needs to explain? If you play these games, you know what a camper is.

Take your non camping tactics to a real war and see how many campers you can moan at, oh wait you'd be dead...

Ah, yes, this old camper-logic. I hear it often. This is a video game, not real war.

Stop whining...

Almost thought you said "stop winning", that is impossible. I'm damn good and never gunna stop winning. As for whinning, well, if people would stop laying down in a bush and waiting for the other team to do all the work and walk towards them, I'd have little to whine about.

Unfortunately everyone knows that campers are a cancer in these games. If you support them or defend them, well, its easy to see where you stand.

Salute and hugs.

MM

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

i'm with you, run'n'gun is much more fun. but if you want to be top scorer you have to do some camping.

camp me once, shame on you. camp me twice, shame on me.

edit on 4-11-2011 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If I actually try to camp anywere someone will always come behind and kill me (I may get 1-2 kills).
So a successful camper that doesn't just get stabbed in the back is quite impressive IMO.

As I said I run and gun, if I find a camper who kills me, I avoid that area or get in behind them.
No-body is off limits in these games, you need to kill them by not running into their view and trying to shoot them head on (if you get what i'm saying), you need to be more skillful and pick your moment or be good with a nade.

I find it more rediculous when you have 2 guys stood 20 feet infront of each other out in the open side stepping and shooting each other.

Yes it is a game, a war game were tactics are everything, camping is a tactic.

Some campers are just terrible and are easy pickings, whats to complain about?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Don't forget the Modern warfare title is owned by a different company than Black ops. So lightweight marathon was actually just the black ops [treyarch] guys

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I dunno what you mean by that. "Lightweight/Marathon" was a Modern warfare 2 thing and won't be returning in MW3. I never played Black Ops more than for about an hour before saying to myself "this is World-at-War" and just said "screw that".

Never played it again.

But yeah, Lightweight/Marathon was a MW2 thingy do. And I will be very sad without it since it is all I do. Run run run run.

MM

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

If I actually try to camp anywere someone will always come behind and kill me (I may get 1-2 kills).
So a successful camper that doesn't just get stabbed in the back is quite impressive IMO.

Exactly. You camp me once and I am coming for you the second I spawn, and with Lightweight/Marathon/Scrambler, no claymore is gunna get between us.

I also almost always get my Harrier and/or Pavelow every game. I don't hardly ever see campers getting long kill steaks due to the team all running campers down after they get one kill and called out.

As I said I run and gun, if I find a camper who kills me, I avoid that area or get in behind them.
No-body is off limits in these games, you need to kill them by not running into their view and trying to shoot them head on (if you get what i'm saying),

Yup...exactly. Locate target, run the long way around them, come from behind and...you know. UMP to the back of the head. A sticki can make it that much more explosive.

camping is a tactic.

Like I said, I never really see campers get more than a three kill streak before me or one of my clan mates end them. So tacic or not...its a bad tacic when going against well communicating teams that try-hard.

Some campers are just terrible and are easy pickings, whats to complain about?

In my opinion, all campers are terrible. And I usually see them at the bottom of the list and/or backing out very soon.

Thats what 70+ days playing time will do. I guess that also means I'm a loser. Eh...rather be a loser than a camper. lol.

MM

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Oh, crap i got my cod's confused :c
I was always a halo and RTS guy

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
reply to post by Mr Mask

Oh, crap i got my cod's confused :c
I was always a halo and RTS guy

Its ok. As long as you don't hide in a bush when I walk by and shoot me, I'm ok with it.

Between us, I don't even know what RTS is. Last game I played before MW2 was 007 Golden Eye. I quit gaming until MW2 was brought into my house and I was tricked into an addiction with it.

MM

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

I'll stop camping when you stop running at me giving me killstreaks ^^

Right on

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

I'll stop camping when you stop running at me giving me killstreaks ^^

I don't think campers get many kill streaks. I don't give people kill steaks by running at them. I kill campers by running at them. But I guess some campers take advantage of players who are not that good at the game. I liken it to goldfish waiting for their food flakes to float down.

I personally almost always go 10-20 positive almost every game. Due to campers usually. Sitting targets are the easiest targets.

Now when I run into a team of runners, thats when things get a little more dangerous and fun.

Runner gunners usually get more kills, higher streaks, better scores and way more action. Typical camper gets maybe 5-10 kills by the end of a match. Runners usually get 20+.

That's just my experience with the game.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Just to let you know, i'm a die hard gamer. In cod (specifically black ops, with their new additions like sweeto chopper gunners) i can actually get a game like 300-5 kills/deaths.
And it's generally running round killing peoples in a safe locations.

It's more like camping in a wide open area with areas to move round.
For example on WMD on BO, i'll just run around in the middle building and then purposely die with my chopper gunner then get a second one, then use both of them and spawn kill like crazy. Demo is the best for it, fairly funny too.

I'm sure mw3 and Bf3 will be awesome awesome games however my heart is dedicated to Skyrim, she is too beautiful to share my time with.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
P.S.
MM, i do enjoy your threads. Keep them coming ^^

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a rusher can kill noobs easily,
a camper can kill a rusher,
a good rusher can kill a camper,
a good camper can kill a good rusher
no-one can kill a good camper.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
a rusher can kill noobs easily,
a camper can kill a rusher,
a good rusher can kill a camper,
a good camper can kill a good rusher
no-one can kill a good camper.

Lol, very true. I hate campers & I found myself doing much less in Black Ops. MW2 I had a few maps where I could rake in the kills. It wasn't hardcore camping but I'm sure the guy I killed 8 times was pissed about it.

Either way...I look at it as winning. Whatever you can do to win then that is all that matters. If it's camping our noob tubing then so be it. I like a challenge from a camper...it gets me pissed as hell & I purposely look for him evertime if I get killed a couple of times. It becomes a game within a game.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Whoever hates campers in mw3 shouldn't attempt bf3 lol. Anyways, the only thing worse than a camper is a team full of campers. Happens to me quite a bit especially when the attacking team on seach and destroy camps at their spawn. I hate that.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
lol great song! ill be sure to troll campers with a link to your vid

top topics

<< 1   >>

join