It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is No Turning Back. 11/11/11.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Check this link out:

www.stormdriver.com...

It’s 11/11/2011, almost 11:11 GMT. Time for something special to happen. You might have seen a mysterious teaser that was circling around the web in the last few days. A teaser that gathered over 100.000 views, and received coverage from major publication all around the world, including Mashable. It was our trailer, heralding an event that happens today, this very minute. A launch of our aticipated StormDriver Alpha test!

Yes, it took us some time – actually a lot more than we have expected. The system we’re working on is quite unique, so it offered us challenges we never faced before. All the time we were treading on pioneering grounds. Some bits of our technology are patent pending as of this week, so let me assure you – it was not easy to roll out first public version.

Hugry for more? Well, if you’ve been with us for some time, you already know that all the time during development we were regularly posting articles about StormDriver (and not only) on our blog. There are lots of good reads there, but the thing that should be most interesting for you is a three-part Alpha preview, describing the system in detail. Just the thing you can munch on while waiting for your test invitation to arrive. Please note that aricle was written about previous, internal alpha deploy from two months ago. The public alpha client you will be testing is more polished, and differs in some areas.

The above info indicates that this company is rolling out a new social networking type of web browsing. Apparently, it has a lot of new patented technologies to enable communication between friends and family much easier.

This link describes what it does:

www.stormdriver.com... view1/

>>EDIT: click FAQ at the bottom right of the above link to get more info. I went to the link that was sent in the email, and it's a little more revealing. That's the url of the link above, but I clicked it and it just takes you to their homepage, not the more in-depth info. Study it ATS!

So, what can you do with StormDriver?

Quite a lot – including some of the things you were never able to do before.

StormDriver creates an additional layer on top of the web. It’s an open, transparent layer, sort of a mall with content instead of stores. And with users, that you can see walking around, chatting, grouping, swarming in an interesting location. You can see where your friends are this very second, or where they were minutes ago.

I'm not sure about anyone else on ATS, but I would be interested in finding out more about the company behind this. It appears that this 'invisible web layer' in its alpha version is capable of:

Every webpage comes alive through StormDriver
No plug-ins and no installs required
Simply login and become a part of the community
Discover who’s currently on the same webpage as you
See what websites the other StormDriver users are accessing
They can see what you’re accessing
Chat with your friends and make new friends on the go
Create a meaningful Web, by relating and tagging links
Make the Web truly social

It seems like the 'invisible web layer' could make communication with everyone more convenient, however I must say that this technology appears ripe for the plundering of people's privacy. ATS should do some heavy research to find out who makes this StormDriver application. I only glanced at the web pages related to this, but I want to know how your privacy could or could not be protected by StormDriver.

edit on 11/11/2011 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yup, just got the email.......kind of boring really. i was hoping for something more interesting than this:

Dear user,

Thanks for your interest in our 11/11/11 teaser. People on countless forums all over the world were wondering what exactly will happen on this date. Many technology websites covered our mysterious teaser, including major publications like Mashable. Now it’s time to reveal ourselves.

Actually, we did that already, with the logo you can see above, but here’s the official announcement:

StormDriver is coming. There is no turning back.

The full trailer video is already on the teaser site, so if you want to see how it ends, just click here. As of today, StormDriver is entering the alpha testing stage. Since the teaser caught your eye, we’ve decided to give you a priority access to the closed alpha tests. At the moment, only a small group of testers can access the system, but we will send you an invitation as soon as we can let more people in.

What is StormDriver? In brief, it is a web application that adds an interactive social layer on top of all the websites on the Internet, without the hustle of installing anything. It lets you see who else is on the same site as you, where people came from, and where they’re going. The system analyzes the users’ browsing habits, tastes, and reactions to content in order to offer a powerful content recommendation system. Just visit our system to see the ebbs and flows of the internet traffic, find out where people are on the web, and where the hot discussions are taking place.

If you want to know more, check our website or read this blog post. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. We’ll keep you posted about SD updates, new features, and the overall progress of the system development.

We will contact you once more once we have a spot for you in our limited alpha tests.

See you in StormDriver!
StormDriver Development Team

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join