It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking about a new business and need your opinions...Think Hooters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Okay, so I have been thinking for a while about this idea and would like some opinions...Be nice please, I don't want the thread closed

First: I am a coffee drinker, I LOVE MY coffee, all flavors and sizes
Second: I live in an area without Starbucks, only McD and BK, Dunkins etc....

My idea is to have a drive thru 100 square foot or so, coffee shop... BUT
Employ young ladies (Baristas) to serve coffee in a Hooters style fashion...you guys know what I mean....

I have heard of another state to have one and is successful, but in an area with say less than 50,000 population would it be successful?

In the summer they could wear swimsuits, and on different days of the week, have them dress in any type of fantasy selection etc....

My question to you readers: Would you buy my coffee?

And yes I am a woman and would do the hiring....

Any ideas you would have to make it more successful?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Montreal has a topless breakfast place.
Think about it if you are in an area where you can get away with it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Isnt it easier to advertise in the erotic section on craiglist

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Hmm, a sort of coffee titty bar? Speaking as a male, I can't say I want to be confronted with a scantily clad young lady while waking up over my morning coffee. I totally do not "get" Hooters either.

While sex may sell, not everyone is buying. Sorry, I would not be buying your coffee, ever. Well, maybe if it was the only coffee joint in town and I was really really desperate but I would be staring at the floor the whole time and feeling quite uncomfortable. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I love Coffee, too, but if I were you, I wouldn't sell out the bodies of ladies to make a quick buck.

It's basically visual prostitution.

Sorry, but I just don't agree with it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Coffee with a happy ending,thats a catchy name

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I’m sorry but i wouldn’t, and if my hubby did, he'd wish he hadn't.
I’m a jealous girl.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Hmm, a sort of coffee titty bar? Speaking as a male, I can't say I want to be confronted with a scantily clad young lady while waking up over my morning coffee. I totally do not "get" Hooters either.

While sex may sell, not everyone is buying. Sorry, I would not be buying your coffee, ever. Well, maybe if it was the only coffee joint in town and I was really really desperate but I would be staring at the floor the whole time and feeling quite uncomfortable. Sorry.

There a few of these around the Kitsap Peninsula area in Washington area. They seem to do rather well.

Theses are the drive up type of coffee places though.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
How about this motto for the coffee shop---come in for some exquisite grinds,coffee and booty

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry it is not an original idea. And it is the kind of idea that can end you up in a ton of hot water. The spot here in Cali that did it had a major problem with the law, as some of the gals would flash a little titty (it was a drive through) for a better tip. I think one gal was even making evening dates with the gentlemen. Add to that the shear number of pissed off women and you may find it to be quite a challenging gig.

Although if I had a nice set of breasts I would work for you! Now how about swap titties for hunks and a coffee bar for the gals might go over huge, dress them all up in UPS style uniforms and you would be rich.

edit on 4-11-2011 by SkyMuerte because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by SkyMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you have more than 8 churches in that small of a community...it wouldn't fly. The higher the saturation of regular church goers in a smaller demographic area...the lower your income would be with a "sexual" motif in your business.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah I hear and understand all opinions, hence forth the request for opinions

In person I have been told it would be profitable, immoral, a great idea, a bad idea.....I admit being a fence sitter
I would not be asking anybody to strip or anything. If it was a good business it could actually get some girls out of the strip circuit a little further south....showing cleavage is not even close to pimping or stripping..
Yes it would be a drive thru....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Do it, never mind the nay sayers, if you can afford the start up fees and investments, go for it!

nothing wrong with hiring beautiful ladies and if you pay them better than the other coffee shops, provide the uniforms ( one for every season, occasion, themes and even coffee/chocolate parties) no one can say that you are exploiting them, they are applying for the job knowing of the dress code and paycheck that they will be getting. Plus if the business goes well you can expand and sell franchises for 700 grand each !!!

If it was me, I'd do it and I'd name the place " Perks" !!! Get it??? Perks.....god I'm good !!! LOL

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Hire pretty girls who make great coffee and have nice fitting work uniforms. Don't make it skanky -- make it classy and it will fly.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd buy your coffee if it was good coffee and reasonably priced. I've never been a Starbuck's customer. It's not good coffee to me, and way overpriced.

As for the employees, sure I wouldn't be opposed to being served by attractive females. On the other hand, my preference is for courteous service from someone who at least appears to practice good hygiene. A dimwit skank in an open blouse isn't going to be enough to get me to be a second time customer.

You know, there are some really capable, clean-cut people out there who don't qualify as eye candy who might love to have a job like that. Provide a quality, reasonably priced product combined with courteous timely service and you'll do a brisk business.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Yeah I hear and understand all opinions, hence forth the request for opinions

In person I have been told it would be profitable, immoral, a great idea, a bad idea.....I admit being a fence sitter
I would not be asking anybody to strip or anything. If it was a good business it could actually get some girls out of the strip circuit a little further south....showing cleavage is not even close to pimping or stripping..
Yes it would be a drive thru....

Heck....I like you UPS style uniforms for the guys....Why not dress them in fireman's pant with tight white T-shirts and suspenders...Hell that would sell alot of HOT coffee !!!

I have no problem EXPLOITING the CLIENTS fantasies !!!
Call one place PERKS ( For the men) and the other place Dream Bean ( For then ladies)

Oh...Oh.....Put it all together and call it " Perks and Dreams" !!! Hell exploit the full potential of all your clients !!!

Go for it...!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well the idea isn't new.

For instance, there is a restaurant here in L.A. called Royal Tea or Royal Milk Tea or some crap like that.

It's a themed restaurant.

What it is, is a bunch of very young, generally 18 ~ 26 of age, sexy girls that dresses up in "Themed" costume, usually like a really sexy maid.

Essentially they are waitresses but they dress up in sexy costumes to serve you.

It is 100% an authentic restaurant. It is not a Gentlemen's Club, it is not a strip club, it is not any club. No sex, no prostitution offers, 0 dirty stuff. Just a themed restaurant that serves good food by hot chicks.

This type of thing is really no different than Hooters if you really think about it.

Originally, this first started in Japan but the Japanese version of themed restaurant is much much better.

You see, originally, the Japanese thought of hiring cute/sexy college or high school girls as servers. What they do is no different than the waitresses in Hooters. BUTTTT, the central theme is that they all dress up as sexy maids, ANNNNNNDDD "dun, dun, dun", the best part of it is that these sexy young ladies, after taking your order, bringing up your food, "THEY WILL HAND FEED THE FOOD TO YOUR MOUTH!"

Yes, you heard me right.

These sexy Japanese girls just stand next to your table and feed you your desert... slice by slice...

You know what it feels like to be fed by a really really really hot chick? lol....

Unfortunately, the version that opened here in L.A. doesn't do this. The waitresses does not feed you by hand, they're only responsible for looking hot and walk around as waitresses. So it pretty much killed the original idea by the Japanese and became an Asian version of Hooters. lol...

So my suggestion to you, is that try to do something like that, get your girls to be able to "hand feed" the food to your male customers, you will make a lot of money.

This isn't one of those new formulas that you need to try to see if it succeed or not, it's already been done and proven. It generate lots of revenue from male clients.... lol

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. Good ideas.
Of course it would be classy and not skanky LOL!
LOL Perks, too funny, I get it....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Look at the area you live in and what kind of people are in that area to start. Personally I dont go to Hooters but they are successful. Part of what made them successful though is the fact that it was "Taboo" to some extent. I am not sure if still is realy.

I think you might have a hard time with using a lot of different uniforms or outfits for the employees to wear though. Thats a lot of overhead for a job with a high turnover rate. The women at Hooters stay around a while because of great tips. It's provides a decent living. Pouring coffee on the other hand is a job that i would guess pays minimum wage rates or slightly better, and no tips. Employees wont stay around long. You are going to loose money if you go that way.

I do not agree with these people complaining about objectifing women. These women apply for these jobs and many of them like it. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are or what you look like. My personal feeling on this is these people have issues of their own. But at the same time negative attention is still attention and will help draw people in, so let the babys cry right.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The industry calls them breastaurants. There are whole supply companies that will help you get your outfits and everything.

Google that. You'll see.

Drive-thru makes it easy to avoid the weirdo regulars you'd get if you had a sit down coffee shop.

B(r)e(a)st of luck to you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join